Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

That doesn't take into account the changes of system during a game. So you can't use that graphic to pin point down to one system. Koeman rarely uses one system for the entire game and switches back and forth.

Yes, I accept that. I also accept that an attacking-phase formation can differ markedly from transitional phase and then a defensive-phase formation. However, in none of these formations do we operate with two orthodox banks of four! The old school formulaic defense, with the opposition attempting to "play between the lines" blaa blaa blaa.

Koeman's "one or two" in for the Newcastle game now seems unlikely.

True, but I suppose the chances of any new signings walking straight into the side for Sunday would have been very slim anyway. The club will have been preparing for the game based on staff available, so I am not unduly concerned. Still a month or so of the window to go and I am sure we will get the players we need.

True, but I suppose the chances of any new signings walking straight into the side for Sunday would have been very slim anyway. The club will have been preparing for the game based on staff available, so I am not unduly concerned. Still a month or so of the window to go and I am sure we will get the players we need.

Yeah I agree and not concerned we won't get the players we need, just that he sounded hopeful of someone arriving this week and whilst that may still happen, it looks unlikely now.

VVD was surely unlikely to sign this week anyway due to their CL game and status, so wonder who he was thinking of as a possible.

I would take Dyer as well :) pace ability to beat a man and scores the odd goal get him in

He would also count as club trained for European purposes and would not use up a roster spot--we could register 23 players instead of 22.

FWIW, here's my window must-haves;

To fill the Alderweireld-shaped hole... (one from)

Balls out: Aleksandar Dragovic, £11m, Nicolas N'Koulou, £9.1m (both left-sided CB's)

Cheaper alternative: Rami Gershon, £3m, (another left-sided CB, very rugged, unpolished though)

To fill the Morgan-shaped hole...(one from)

Balls out: Grzegorz Krychowiak, £20m, Maxine Gonalons, £14m

Cheaper alternative: Alex Song, £7m (though probably not with the wages involved), Mile Jedinak, £8m

A little something extra...

Also someone I think would suit our style of play is Ki at Swansea. Would be a great little squad player if we could get him. That said, so would have Jack Cork.

If you had £30m to strengthen the squad before the window closes, who would you (realistically) attempt to sign and in what positions do you think we're lacking in?

Think I'll just reiterate this again. That said, looks like my choice of CB won't be happening.

I'm starting to think we might be interested in Hector Moreno from Espanyol. He was on his way to PSV but the deal had collapsed in the last few hours. Espanyol seem to think they can get more for him then the €4m PSV have offered.

He's a leftsided central defender and had played for Koeman at AZ in 2009.

Maybe we're the ones willing to pay a bit more then PSV?

I'm starting to think we might be interested in Hector Moreno from Espanyol. He was on his way to PSV but the deal had collapsed in the last few hours. Espanyol seem to think they can get more for him then the €4m PSV have offered.

He's a leftsided central defender and had played for Koeman at AZ in 2009.

Maybe we're the ones willing to pay a bit more then PSV?

€4 million for Moreno? No...? Yes please.