Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

Koeman adds he is looking for a couple more players to have real competition in the squad. "We are working on it," he says. #saintsfc

:poundit:

best post ever

It would be a surprise, I dont have any solid info by the way but he is there

Maybe caulker was the sweetener and Austin the real target. An alternative option to Pelle as with the potential of Europa League he could burnout and a decent backup centre half. VVD and fantastic window!

Any news from Guan 2.0 on the transfer update he said he would give today?

With his backtracking to the person in the stands being Hodgson and lack of transfer update, It sounds as if he had been neutered on this one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

With his backtracking to the person in the stands being Hodgson and lack of transfer update, It sounds as if he had been neutered on this one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

I was going to say this, he's either wrong on this account or he's been silenced. Saying the familiar face is Hodgson was a bit of a let down. Hopefully he's been told to be quiet and there definitely is something happening.

Koeman to De Telegraaf: "I want two more players for a perfect selection."

CB and CM IMO and if they are good the squad would look great.

Agreed. I'm a little worried at the moment. With the money we have spare we should be looking to sign a good quality CB and CM to replace Toby and Morgan. Clasie was cheap - so we should be able to afford someone of equal or better quality to him with the remaining 15 million or so?

Agreed. I'm a little worried at the moment. With the money we have spare we should be looking to sign a good quality CB and CM to replace Toby and Morgan. Clasie was cheap - so we should be able to afford someone of equal or better quality to him with the remaining 15 million or so?

That's the key really to improving the squad with quality additions rather than just seeking reinforcements by just making up the numbers (with Martina, and possibly Caulker type signings). VVD seems the stand out option for defence, although dare say Reed and Co are crowding into the Black Box room looking for an alternative we've not considered on here, the MF option is an intriguing one, and we've really no idea where or who they're now looking at.

That's the key really to improving the squad with quality additions rather than just seeking reinforcements by just making up the numbers (with Martina, and possibly Caulker type signings). VVD seems the stand out option for defence, although dare say Reed and Co are crowding into the Black Box room looking for an alternative we've not considered on here, the MF option is an intriguing one, and we've really no idea where or who they're now looking at.

I have a feeling we're after a winger, we don't have any out and out wingers and I think Koeman will fancy someone like that around the squad. Just hopefully not Elia.

I have a feeling we're after a winger, we don't have any out and out wingers and I think Koeman will fancy someone like that around the squad. Just hopefully not Elia.

Mane is arguably a winger, as is tadic. Are you eluding to the fact we need someone whose direct and going to take his man on and get a ball into the box? Aaron Lennon kind of player?

I'd personally like to see andros Townsend here, hasn't got the chance he deserves at Spurs and always produces the goods for England. Just needs run in a side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mane is arguably a winger, as is tadic. Are you eluding to the fact we need someone whose direct and going to take his man on and get a ball into the box? Aaron Lennon kind of player?

I'd personally like to see andros Townsend here, hasn't got the chance he deserves at Spurs and always produces the goods for England. Just needs run in a side.

I don't agree.

He is generally average at best when out wide and goes missing. He is (for us) brilliant when in the No.10 position

A winger would be a bit of a luxury as I see it, would probably call for a bit of a change in the shape of the team. That could be a good thing from time to time, but I still think the CB CM roles should be priority.

I don't agree.

He is generally average at best when out wide and goes missing. He is (for us) brilliant when in the No.10 position

You're right, I think he was brought in as a winger though however due to his unpredictability is better in a free role because even he doesn't know what he's going to do. I think it's going to be Mane's season this year and he is going to be one hell of a player in 2 or so years.

Fingers crossed we can build on last year get Europe again and establish ourselves as a bigger name throughout the world to attract the new level of quality we need to perform at this level.

Virgil Van Dijk is starting for Celtic v Ross County on Sky Sports 2 at 12:45 today in the first game of the premiership season up north. Think I will take a decent look and see how he is playing, just a FYI for those who may also be interested.

Sat with Celtic fan and he used the word majestic he said he reads the game so well and seems to glide around the pitch

Mane is NOT a winger at all. He's a proper #10.

Van Dijk just did an excellent pass for the penalty they've just won 1-0 celtic.

Interesting thing was he sits in the left CB role but for that goal he pushed up the right and spotted the strikers run behind the defender and slotted it in perfectly.

He looks good on the ball but hard to judge his defensive abilities in a game like this.

The UI say we have been sniffing around the 19 year old Barca winger Adama Traore.

He looks good on the ball but hard to judge his defensive abilities in a game like this.

Yeah Ross County are happy to sit in their half and let celtic come onto them, don't think VVD is out of 2nd gear in this game to be honest, gonna flick over as this isn't a competition.

Defo would like him in our back line though 100%

Yeah Ross County are happy to sit in their half and let celtic come onto them, don't think VVD is out of 2nd gear in this game to be honest, gonna flick over as this isn't a competition.

Defo would like him in our back line though 100%

he looks very good on the ball.

I don't agree.

He is a superb player. The more involved the better he is.

Wingers are typically likely to have games when things don't work or they can't get into the game.

I suspect he will be one of the better players in the league this year, wherever he plays.

I think the fee you thought was a joke as was too high will prove to be a bargain

I don't agree.

Have to agree. The game against Vitesse was a perfect example: he caused havoc down the middle, but became anonymous when moved out wide later in the second half

Having watched the Celtic game i am now slightly worried if we are in for VVD.....I AM HOPING it was a case of i'm not trying my hardest as i have a move to a Premiership club lined up. He passes well, glides forward great.....but his defending looked woeful....hoping it was a case of disinterested, a bit like Clyne second half of last season.

Apparently we had a £5 million bid rejected for Nicolas Lombaerts from Zenit - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/01/report-southampton-fail-in-bid-to-replace-alderweireld-with-nico/?

I'm still hoping we will sign VVD. I wonder if we are still interested in Krychowiak from Sevilla - he is world class. And didnt Guan say we have bid for a right sided centre midfielder.

Dutch site Voetbal International (vi.nl) reports that Feyenoord lines up Elia as replacement for Boetius, who is wanted by an unknown foreign club. So Boetius maybe to SFC and Elia unlikely to return.

Apparently we had a £5 million bid rejected for Nicolas Lombaerts from Zenit - http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/01/report-southampton-fail-in-bid-to-replace-alderweireld-with-nico/?

I'm still hoping we will sign VVD. I wonder if we are still interested in Krychowiak from Sevilla - he is world class. And didnt Guan say we have bid for a right sided centre midfielder.

30 years old. Sounds like BS...

Dutch site Voetbal International (vi.nl) reports that Feyenoord lines up Elia as replacement for Boetius, who is wanted by an unknown foreign club. So Boetius maybe to SFC and Elia unlikely to return.

Koeman said after the Clasie signing that we weren't interested in anymore of Feyenoord's players.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/southampton-boss-koeman-feyenoord-have-had-enough-money-out-of-us-4087566