Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Perhaps been posted elsewhere, found this quite interesting on @nufc_online. Usual caveats apply (and formatting a bit off).

CM6P-AkWsAAtyA9.jpg

Hhhhmmm interesting. I would say that Spurs figure is slightly skewed by the sale of Bale. In fact only Bale and Modric have been sold for +£10.5m in the past 5 seasons (a few more for about £10m each). They also spent practically nothing in the 11/12 season.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/english-football-teams/tottenham-hotspur-transfers

Seem to buy relatively cheap mostly and then sell on at a higher price. Sound familiar?

Thought it was pretty obvious. Attacking midfielders/wingers.

We don't have any attacking central midfielders apart from Ramirez though, and he obviously has no future at Saints.

Haven't really ever replaced Lallana in that respect as Tadic seemingly will only play wide.

Wijnaldum would have been ideal for oir CM three judging by his performance against us.

We don't have any attacking central midfielders apart from Ramirez though, and he obviously has no future at Saints.

Haven't really ever replaced Lallana in that respect as Tadic seemingly will only play wide.

Wijnaldum would have been ideal for oir CM three judging by his performance against us.

Agree, it's the central position of the 3 behind Pelle which could be looked at. We don't have anyone who is able to drop back and be comfortable in the centre of midfield yet is also comfortable in and around the box. Mane likes coming in more central but he isn't much good at dropping deeper when required as he still tries to take it past 3 players as standard and we know Davis and JWP don't have right instinct and confidence to be an effective no.10.

Agree, it's the central position of the 3 behind Pelle which could be looked at. We don't have anyone who is able to drop back and be comfortable in the centre of midfield yet is also comfortable in and around the box. Mane likes coming in more central but he isn't much good at dropping deeper when required as he still tries to take it past 3 players as standard and we know Davis and JWP don't have right instinct and confidence to be an effective no.10.

Obviously not the player himself, but someone similar to Shelvey in that respect. Wijnaldum would've been good; struck me last night how there was little drive going forward from midfield. Perhaps Clasie will be that player, but it seems his strengths are making the ball doing the running, rather than him running with the ball.

Obviously not the player himself, but someone similar to Shelvey in that respect. Wijnaldum would've been good; struck me last night how there was little drive going forward from midfield. Perhaps Clasie will be that player, but it seems his strengths are making the ball doing the running, rather than him running with the ball.

Comments from those who have watched Clasie most suggest that he a deep sitting CM and is rarely seen in and around the box.

Juanmi seems to be the type to play off the shoulder as a second striker, not sure he can fulfill the full remit of that role given the formation we play.

Personally I think it's a load of crap the character profiling. It goes without saying it can only be done on hearsay. Unfortunately I spent six weeks with Swansea when studying analysis and I can confirm he is an utter cvnt.

Personally I think it's a load of crap the character profiling. It goes without saying it can only be done on hearsay. Unfortunately I spent six weeks with Swansea when studying analysis and I can confirm he is an utter cvnt.

Part of why I'd like to know how it works... It's not like Saints can ring up and say Hi Jonjo, could you come in for an informal interview ease because we'd like to character profile you! It must be done from a distance so to speak and therefor not very reliable

Part of why I'd like to know how it works... It's not like Saints can ring up and say Hi Jonjo, could you come in for an informal interview ease because we'd like to character profile you! It must be done from a distance so to speak and therefor not very reliable

It's got to be done a lot on networking, surely. Clearly, Monk speaks to people in the club (and others in similar positions elsewhere, I'd imagine) and picks up info on character as he's just mentioned, and that's got to be fed up the chain at some point.

We will not sign Shelvey, he's already been discussed but did not pass the clubs character profiling.

No great surprise to be honest.

But the profiling amuses me a bit. The prospect of the 'panel' including Les Reed opening a dossier on him, and asking what the profilers have come up with. "Well. his name is Johnjo ffs.." , followed by a pause for thought and then a Katie Hopkins type response of "well I certainly wouldn't want my kids playing with him..".

"Next ?".

Should be give up on signing beyond the CB? We all know we need it but Koeman said no more right?

Well we won't be signing a striker with Jay now back and we seem to be happy to keep our creative midfielders either on the bench or in positions that don't play to their strengths.

Koeman so far gets a 5/10. Juanmi looked lively in pre-season and can't get any minutes, Tadic is stuck out on the right where he's ineffective (or on the bench) and meanwhile we have to put up with Steven Davis as a number 10 every week. Pretty painful to watch

Well we won't be signing a striker with Jay now back and we seem to be happy to keep our creative midfielders either on the bench or in positions that don't play to their strengths.

Koeman so far gets a 5/10. Juanmi looked lively in pre-season and can't get any minutes, Tadic is stuck out on the right where he's ineffective (or on the bench) and meanwhile we have to put up with Steven Davis as a number 10 every week. Pretty painful to watch

Who do you regard as our creative midfielders ?

Juanmi I regard as a striker, Davis is pretty ineffective, and that leaves Tadic, who despite his reputation as king of assists seems to be living off the reputation in Holland and the first few months of last season.

Who do you regard as our creative midfielders ?

Juanmi I regard as a striker, Davis is pretty ineffective, and that leaves Tadic, who despite his reputation as king of assists seems to be living off the reputation in Holland and the first few months of last season.

remember when we all said he was an upgrade on lallana :lol:

He simply is not cut out for the Prem. A show pony is a polite way of putting it.

I disagree and I think he showed that in the first few months of last season (when played on the left) he was incredible. He then got moved to the right once Mane came into the side and didn't look the same player (coupled with his injury problem). He needs to either play on the left or, ideally, as a number 10 with 2 proper defensive players behind him (which we now have in Wanyama and Romeu).

As long as we play Davis/JWP as an attacking midfielder we will struggle to create chances

He simply is not cut out for the Prem. A show pony is a polite way of putting it.

a show pony who scored the winner at Old Trafford, scored at The Emirates, set up a goal at Anfield, provided four assists against Sunderland, provided an assist for one of the only two goals we have scored in the Premier League this season.....

a show pony who scored the winner at Old Trafford, scored at The Emirates, set up a goal at Anfield, provided four assists against Sunderland, provided an assist for one of the only two goals we have scored in the Premier League this season.....

Desperate stats.

He's lightweight, flatters to deceive and can't actually even get into our side at the moment. Set up a goal at Anfield? Wow big deal! Four assists at home to Sunderland? Mate I'm 60 and I could have done that with my eyes shut. Sunderland were so ****e. Tell me this, if he is so good why isn't he in the team? Answer is even Koeman knows he is garbage.

Desperate stats.

He's lightweight, flatters to deceive and can't actually even get into our side at the moment. Set up a goal at Anfield? Wow big deal! Four assists at home to Sunderland? Mate I'm 60 and I could have done that with my eyes shut. Sunderland were so ****e. Tell me this, if he is so good why isn't he in the team? Answer is even Koeman knows he is garbage.

I, for one, am looking forward to Tadic's entry in the next edition of All The Saints.

Desperate stats.

What an utterly stupid way of viewing a player. By your logic, any player not in our first XI is s**t.

Desperate stats.

Rather tadic than Shane long. Long is useless was terrible today.

Desperate stats.

To be honest if you think he is that bad how the hell did you cope with genuine trash like Lee Todd, Paul Moody, Ollie Lancashire and Van Damme over the years ?

Edited by beatlesaint

Andros Townsend....a player being wasted at spurs, and a player constantly being linked with us, i think roko could get the best out of him, and on form he is very good. think he has to be worth look?

I never understood why so many people are against this idea. Typical winger, on his day is excellent, on a bad day he's awful.....but will always cause defenders problems and he's got pace.