Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Andros Townsend....a player being wasted at spurs, and a player constantly being linked with us, i think roko could get the best out of him, and on form he is very good. think he has to be worth look?

Don't think we'll be doing any business with Spurs this window.

(In's or outs)

I don't rate him really, more annoyed about the underserved England place though than anything. He could add something to saints, would play more and have his best chance of proving himself. He can run, and he likes to shoot. Would be a different option for the right or left forward position. Won't happen though, Spurs seem short of options and we seem short of cash.

whenever I've seen him he has at least shown the bottle to go at the fullback and get to the byeline. Doesn't always come off, but rather than playing keep ball and playing it safe all the time he tries to make things happen off his own back. I like players like that. Anyone can control the ball, shield it and then pass it backwards, but how many can actually beat a man all ends up? It's the hardest thing to do in football (maybe scoring is harder, but when goals come off player backsides I wonder how true that is). Players that can are like gold dust.

As for his England caps, well, how can Roy not pick him? Every time he comes on he scores or looks good. Roy may not be everyone's cup of tea, but players appreciate loyalty and he certainly shows that to his players. You can't constantly pick an entire England squad/team based on current form. Its important, but players that have proved they can do it at the top level in the recent past also need to be selected supported by a few new on form players.

I don't know how anyone can profess to be a "historian" of the game and be so ignorant.

I suppose you don't need much in the way of comprehension to make glorified scrap books though.

He can be a Historian of the game, doesn't mean he actually 'gets' the game of football.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff
Second part may have been a little libellous...

To be honest if you think he is that bad how the hell did you cope with genuine trash like Lee Todd, Paul Moody, Ollie Lancashire and Van Damme over the years ?

They never had legions of deluded fans like Tadic does.

I have read this morning that perhaps he is suffering from an illness so I will withdraw a little of my scorn for his recent performances although I don't know why Koeman puts him on the bench if he is not 100%.

The frustrating thing about Tadic is he does have skill, plenty of it but its just his complete lack of fight. Plenty of players with much less skill than him never knew when to give up.

They never had legions of deluded fans like Tadic does.

I have read this morning that perhaps he is suffering from an illness so I will withdraw a little of my scorn for his recent performances although I don't know why Koeman puts him on the bench if he is not 100%.

The frustrating thing about Tadic is he does have skill, plenty of it but its just his complete lack of fight. Plenty of players with much less skill than him never knew when to give up.

I'm not a big fan either. Started brightly but lost his way big style. In his defence he is now played out of position IMO. Why does RK play him on the right? He doesn't seem to ever want to shoot, so having the option to come inside on his favoured left foot seems pointless. Get him back on the left running down the line and getting crosses in.

I had to laugh at fans last season saying he was better than Lallana. What a load of ********.

To be fair, he seems to have addressed his "he never shoots" criticism by having 3 shots in the Newcastle game and I'm pretty sure he had a pop in the Vitesse game? Definitely remember a couple in the pre season game vs Groningen, too. In fact, I can remember more Tadic shots this year than I can all of last season...

I'm not a big fan either. Started brightly but lost his way big style. In his defence he is now played out of position IMO. Why does RK play him on the right? He doesn't seem to ever want to shoot, so having the option to come inside on his favoured left foot seems pointless. Get him back on the left running down the line and getting crosses in.

I had to laugh at fans last season saying he was better than Lallana. What a load of ********.

Let's just see what this abnormal bloods bring up before we start doing him a disservice shall we , the first half of the season he was mustard and even the media were talking about him in the same leagues as Fabregas not just us "deluded" fans!

You know, Longic would be a good player. The skills and talent of Tadic blended with the pace and work-rate of Long. Sadly, neither are good enough for the 1st team at the moment.

I concur with the theory that Tadic should play in the No.10 role; relieved of his defensive duties and free to roam and create (when he's fit).

_____Pelle____

Jrod__Tadic__Mane

Would rather keep Wanyama.

if he wasn't entering his penultimate year, sure totally agree. If we get a good sum for him this summer and manage to get someone in next week, I wouldn't mind seeing someone similar come in (not that it's very saints esq). I don't think its likely, but it's not impossible that saints have already had conversations with clubs for similar players to him so that in the event an offer to good to refuse comes in, we aren't left high and dry.

Edited by eddie
he isn't on last year of contract

Had we not signed Romeu then possibly we might have been interested, although I can't see this now.

Unless of course we're planning to permutate any two from four (VW - assuming he's staying, Clasie, Romeu and Illarremendi), allowing for injuries and Romeu's inevitable suspension

It wouldn't surprise me if we did get a big name in somewhat out of the blue - like Toby last year.

Here's hoping. Would like to see it be an AMC - Samper isn't a bad call - and a loan is more likely IMO. To be honest, any good quality midfielder who can link up play and create is very welcome at present as we don't have one - or at least a fully fit and firing one.

Would imagine Gaston might need to go out on a final loan to free up wages though?

Are you seriously suggesting Wanyama is a better player than Illaramendi?

No I suppose I mean with the window about to close, I'd cash in on him, because we don't have that long to get a good sum for him. But I think the chance of selling and wrapping up a new cm by end of next week is slim, so I'd keep him. Agree though, I watched iilaramendi quite a bit in 13/14 season and he was excellent everytime I saw him.

Here's hoping. Would like to see it be an AMC - Samper isn't a bad call - and a loan is more likely IMO. To be honest, any good quality midfielder who can link up play and create is very welcome at present as we don't have one - or at least a fully fit and firing one.

Would imagine Gaston might need to go out on a final loan to free up wages though?

I was thinking about a creative CM and I don't think Jonathan De Guzman is a bad shout. Played well at Swansea, can play as an attacking midfielder or in a deeper role. Napoli have made him available and he's seemingly turned down Bournemouth and Sunderland.

Had we not signed Romeu then possibly we might have been interested, although I can't see this now.

Unless of course we're planning to permutate any two from four (VW - assuming he's staying, Clasie, Romeu and Illarremendi), allowing for injuries and Romeu's inevitable suspension

Clasie to take the Davis role further forward...

Schneider IS available!

Sneijder leaves Dundee UnitedFootball

Posted at 14:08

The Scottish Sun's Robert Thomson is reporting that Rodney Sneijder - the brother of Netherlands international Wesley - is to end his Dundee United career after just one month and one substitute appearance...

anyone pick up on the fact their dad named his kids rodney and wesley, as if they are about 60? Apparently not considered geriatric names in netherlands....

obviously I'm putting the standard 'apologies if anyone has that name' clause

anyone pick up on the fact their dad named his kids rodney and wesley, as if they are about 60? Apparently not considered geriatric names in netherlands....

obviously I'm putting the standard 'apologies if anyone has that name' clause

Now then!

"Diallo used to do the same job for Southampton but was parched from that job by Mauricio Pochettino".

I'm a little surprised he followed Poch to Spuds if he wouldn't even give the poor sod a drink when he had him here!

Kevin Nolan on a free - HCDAJFU? (As a rotation/back up option he may offer something to link between attack and midfield. he's old and a w--anker but could maybe see something working with Pelle.)

probably unlikely to get through character profiling....