Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

is your choice VvD? :scared:

Nah, take a look at his post

To fill the Alderweireld-shaped hole... (one from)

Balls out: Aleksandar Dragovic, £11m, Nicolas N'Koulou, £9.1m (both left-sided CB's)

Cheaper alternative: Rami Gershon, £3m, (another left-sided CB, very rugged, unpolished though)

Think I'll just reiterate this again. That said, looks like my choice of CB won't be happening.

I'll tell you what, if I had £30m to spend i'd go for Krychowiak and VVD. What a window that would've been if those two came in!!

is your choice VvD? :scared:

Oh god no, mine would Dragovic and Gonalons. Maybe also a cheeky £2.5m bid for Lovren on the penultimate day to the window closing, and as Dejan's head gets closer to Southampton as the bid goes up and up, pull out. Don't think VVD will be quite good enough for where we want to be but that said, Wanyama developed well, so...

The CDM at Sevilla I mentioned above I've never seen play so I can't comment on him but Gonalons I have... good, combative, hardworking midfielder, can pass, very composed, chips in with a couple of goals every now and then... sound like anyone familiar?!?

Edited by Crab Lungs

It's been quiet in regards to our centre-midfielder search.

Here's a list of most of the names we've been linked with this summer (some have already moved to other clubs)

- Tonny Vilhena

- Ondrej Duda

- N'golo Kante

- Idrissa Gueye

- Alex Song

- Grzegorz Krychowiak

- Sven Bender

- Gianelli Imbula

- Marco Benassi

- Yohan Cabaye

- Dennis Praet

- Vicente Iborra

- Mario Lemina

- Kyle Ebecilio

- Mario Suarez

- Leon Goretzka

Oh god no, mine would Dragovic and Gonalons. Maybe also a cheeky £2.5m bid for Lovren on the penultimate day to the window closing, and as Dejan's head gets closer to Southampton as the bid goes up and up, pull out. Don't think VVD will be quite good enough for where we want to be but that said, Wanyama developed well, so...

The CDM at Sevilla I mentioned above I've never seen play so I can't comment on him but Gonalons I have... good, combative, hardworking midfielder, can pass, very composed, chips in with a couple of goals every now and then... sound like anyone familiar?!?

VVD is surely good enough for a tred water club in a downward curve??

Indeed similar. Would be interesting if we signed said Gonalons on a four year deal, and he kept Schneiderlin out of the French national side...

We definitely need to sign another defensive midfielder and another central defender if not two

If 'Big Vic' is out injured or suspended are midfield with Clasie, Reed, Davis and Ward-Prowse are just too lightweight. And what are the chances that 'Big Vic' with only a year left on his contract next summer will want to move on to a bigger club with Champion League football - so it's as much about succession management as strength in depth.

We should take a look at taking Oriol Romeu on loan from Chelsea for the season with an option to buy next summer.

At centreback it's pretty much the same situation - maybe a bit worse even - with only two fit first choice players in Fonte and Yoshida and maybe three young players who might be able to step up at some point in the future. So as well as replacing Toby we now need to find cover for Gardos. We should also have one eye on finding a successor to Fonte given his age - and I can see him heading back to Portugal next season to Sporting Lisbon or Benfica for one last big move and Champions League football.

So Van Dijk would be a start but we really need to bring in two

I would just like to say I suggested the club sign Romeu on loan back on the 25 July - see above. At least someone listens to my advice - and if he turns out to be a brilliant signing I am taking all the credit.

I always thought he would be s good signing as he has a good pedigree from Barcelona and Chelsea - and in the last two years at Valencia and Stuttgart has proved he is over the injuries that put a bit of a stop to his career at Chelsea.

He's also the right age - at 23 old enough to play regularly with enough experience to add something to the team - but also young enough to still learn and get better - and with a lot of potential to become great.

He's also a proper holding midfielder who will sit in front of the defence and hold the line - he is also a good solid passer of the ball. And he has also got some of the height and physical presence we have been missing in CDM.

Of course if he sh*te I will come back and delete this post!

And I don't think he will block Reed's route to the first - I see our Harrison as more of a hard working box-to-box CM than a holding midfielder or a Paul Scholes playmaker. If it is anyone with Ginger hair he's like its Alan Bsll - but he has a long way to go to live up to him. He's more of a successor to Steven Fabis than anyone else in the current team.

A midfield 3 of Clasie, Romeu and Wanyama would look like a very solid base to build on and get a result against the top sides in the Premier league and hopefully the Europa League.

I would just like to say I suggested the club sign Romeu on loan back on the 25 July - see above. At least someone listens to my advice - and if he turns out to be a brilliant signing I am taking all the credit.

I always thought he would be s good signing as he has a good pedigree from Barcelona and Chelsea - and in the last two years at Valencia and Stuttgart has proved he is over the injuries that put a bit of a stop to his career at Chelsea.

He's also the right age - at 23 old enough to play regularly with enough experience to add something to the team - but also young enough to still learn and get better - and with a lot of potential to become great.

He's also a proper holding midfielder who will sit in front of the defence and hold the line - he is also a good solid passer of the ball. And he has also got some of the height and physical presence we have been missing in CDM.

Of course if he sh*te I will come back and delete this post!

And I don't think he will block Reed's route to the first - I see our Harrison as more of a hard working box-to-box CM than a holding midfielder or a Paul Scholes playmaker. If it is anyone with Ginger hair he's like its Alan Bsll - but he has a long way to go to live up to him. He's more of a successor to Steven Fabis than anyone else in the current team.

A midfield 3 of Clasie, Romeu and Wanyama would look like a very solid base to build on and get a result against the top sides in the Premier league and hopefully the Europa League.

Good posts.

We definitely need to sign another defensive midfielder and another central defender if not two

If 'Big Vic' is out injured or suspended are midfield with Clasie, Reed, Davis and Ward-Prowse are just too lightweight. And what are the chances that 'Big Vic' with only a year left on his contract next summer will want to move on to a bigger club with Champion League football - so it's as much about succession management as strength in depth.

We should take a look at taking Oriol Romeu on loan from Chelsea for the season with an option to buy next summer.

At centreback it's pretty much the same situation - maybe a bit worse even - with only two fit first choice players in Fonte and Yoshida and maybe three young players who might be able to step up at some point in the future. So as well as replacing Toby we now need to find cover for Gardos. We should also have one eye on finding a successor to Fonte given his age - and I can see him heading back to Portugal next season to Sporting Lisbon or Benfica for one last big move and Champions League football.

So Van Dijk would be a start but we really need to bring in two

Nice job.

01) You called for the signing of another CM; said we should look at Romeu (We got Romeu)

02) You said we need Van Dijk and as well as a second CB (4 days later after this post we signed Caulker)

03) Van Dijk, Van Dijk, Van Dijk.

I really want you to be 3 for 3!

talkSAINTS ‏@talkSAINTS 2m2 minutes ago

Have just been told that Southampton have bid for Lyon's Clinton N'jie. Offer is larger than Tottenham's. #Saintsfc

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've just seen this on Twitter. FWIW, I doubt this is a very reliable source, but it's a link, none the less

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've just seen this on Twitter. FWIW, I doubt this is a very reliable source, but it's a link, none the less

It's all originated from these tweets from a Lyon/french journo.

''"The starting N'Jie Clinton is not officially recorded . Proposal 1 other English club Crested complicates things "'' - Thibaut Geffrotin

We don't need anyone in that position. Koeman said many times, one CB and he is happy. We aren't suddenly going to be chucking £10m plus bids around for players in positions we don't require.

Would be amazed if it was us and if it was it would only be if an attacker was being sold, and that is unlikely.

We don't need anyone in that position. Koeman said many times, one CB and he is happy. We aren't suddenly going to be chucking £10m plus bids around for players in positions we don't require.

Would be amazed if it was us and if it was it would only be if an attacker was being sold, and that is unlikely.

If we're playing games with Spurs then I'm happy.

Haven't ITKers on said that we're after a LM - obviously that can mean many things, though it's worth noting that this lad has been deployed on the left quite a lot.

And technically Koeman didn't say we're done after a CB. He said that we would see how the rest of the transfer window plays out, especially as things get very fluid -that should the right target at the right price arise, we'd have enough powder dry to respond accordingly. Les Reed has said the same thing in the past.

Edited by shurlock

Ashley Cole ?.....released by Roma......,probably for a good reason,....

unfortunately his wages would be mental.

Cancel that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could do with extra cover and experience in the left back position but Cole will be 35 in December. If he were cheap to run then he might well be worth considering but might well be considered over the hill.