Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Cheers, I think he said something similar earlier in the year. Doubt there would be serious interest from the the top 4 and I doubt he would go back to Sporting right now so nothing to worry about in reality. A shame that he feels the need to say it though, it doesn't do him or us any favours.

For two seasons now, we've had trouble creating chances if our preferred route of crosses from the fullbacks isn't working. I really do feel that if we start the season with either Davis or JWP as first choice alongside our two defensive midfielders, very little will change, despite the undoubted excellence of the likes of Mane, JRod et al ahead of them.

Perhaps Juanmi has been brought in as the #10, but if so it's a complete leap of faith, as his stats suggest he's an out-and-out goalscorer, who contributes very little creatively - http://www.whoscored.com/Players/83080/History/Juanmi.

3? I'd take van Dyke,

Virgil van Dijk

Austin and Shaqiri.

I can't see us getting any more attacking midfielders or strikers this summer. We have a lot already.

Plus keeping Morgan of course.

Hard to see that happening, I think Man Utd will eventually bid high enough.

We'll end up needing a Schneiderlin and Alderweireld replacement and that might be it.

Virgil van Dijk

I can't see us getting any more attacking midfielders or strikers this summer. We have a lot already.

Hard to see that happening, I think Man Utd will eventually bid high enough.

We'll end up needing a Schneiderlin and Alderweireld replacement and that might be it.

Didn't Koeman say in a press conference the other day that he wants more attacking players?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/13407626.Saints_table_bids_for_new_signings/?ref=mac

Saints have bids in for players and are hopeful of making a signing in the next 48 hours

Tbf Les doesn't actually say that... He says they will be following bids up in next 48hours and aim to get something over the line as quickly as possible.

Obviously if we haven't signed anyone by Monday then people will be calling for his head.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/13407626.Saints_table_bids_for_new_signings/?ref=mac

Saints have bids in for players and are hopeful of making a signing in the next 48 hours

Cue the leeches on here to jump onto that passing comment of 48 hours, and go into meltdown 3042 when we haven't signed someone in that time.

Can I just say now that a transfer doesn't happen that quickly, and the comment was referring to getting responses to our bids not actually signing someone.

It's the hope that kills you. Koeman and Reed should maybe have avoided comments about Clyne and Toby because it gets the fans' backs up and leaves them disappointed. A similar thing happened last year too so you think they would have learned to keep their counsel a bit.

I don't think people would have been happier if they were refusing to answer questions about them.

I don't think people would have been happier if they were refusing to answer questions about them.

A comment such as "we hope they will sign but you can't take anything for granted in football and if they do leave then we have some great alternatives lined up" would have been better imo.

Schweinsteiger close to Utd move is being reported. Where would that leave their Morgan interest? Can't see Arsenal coughing up north of £25m. Does that mean Morgan stays?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If no one bids for him I guess so. I think Morgan really thought he was Arsenal bound this summer but Wenger is a tight Arse with transfers and seems to have indicated he has done his business for the summer. I can't see Arsenal bidding for Morgan.

If no one bids for him I guess so. I think Morgan really thought he was Arsenal bound this summer but Wenger is a tight Arse with transfers and seems to have indicated he has done his business for the summer. I can't see Arsenal bidding for Morgan.

Even if we had him for just the one further season, that would be excellent. To replace him with someone comparable would be very very difficult.

Our defensive steel is as much him and Wanyama as it is owing to a decent back four. Will be interesting to see how Toby performs at white shyte lane withought big Vic and Morgan...

Even if we had him for just the one further season, that would be excellent. To replace him with someone comparable would be very very difficult.

Our defensive steel is as much him and Wanyama as it is owing to a decent back four. Will be interesting to see how Toby performs at white shyte lane withought big Vic and Morgan...

The down side is next year he will do a Clyne and go to spuds/liverpool for half what we want this season.

Schweinsteiger close to Utd move is being reported. Where would that leave their Morgan interest? Can't see Arsenal coughing up north of £25m. Does that mean Morgan stays?

I have a theory on this! If they sign Sweinsteiger I think they may have a word in Morgans ear that there'll sign him next year when he enters the last year of his contract. That's if nobody comes in for him this window. Sweinsteiger is 31 but he's an elite DM. They may want Morgan to rotate/replace him next year?

thoughts?

I have a theory on this! If they sign Sweinsteiger I think they may have a word in Morgans ear that there'll sign him next year when he enters the last year of his contract. That's if nobody comes in for him this window. Sweinsteiger is 31 but he's an elite DM. They may want Morgan to rotate/replace him next year?

thoughts?

Pretty sure Morgan has been played by them - the rumours are that they kept telling him they would get the deal sorted and now if they turned their back on it I am not sure he will be a happy bunny at all.

The down side is next year he will do a Clyne and go to spuds/liverpool for half what we want this season.

Can't see him leaving us to go to a europa side. Having been with us on "the journey" over last few years, i think he knows and sees just as well as anyone else that the club are knocking on the door.

With arsenal strengthening, city being up there, chelsea being chelsea, and utd looking like spending another trillion quids, there is 0 threat of the scousers or spuds breaking top 4.

We should try and get a decent centreback, and just have a hunch that we will go for Clasie irrespective of the Morgan situation. After Cork's departure we were short anyway, and Clasie can play further forward if needed given his range of passes.

Let's bring on next season!!

Enough of all this doom and gloom already.

Pretty sure Morgan has been played by them - the rumours are that they kept telling him they would get the deal sorted and now if they turned their back on it I am not sure he will be a happy bunny at all.

Yeah i'd agree that he'd be ****ed if they don't buy him but if they get sweinsteiger then that would appease the fans more. VG likes him as well so he must be their first choice. With Carrick, Herrera and Blind able to play there also, I wouldn't have thought they'd need Morgan as well.

It would be huge if we were to keep hold of him this summer though. It would also firmly place the ball ball in Deschamps court with reference to the national side as well. Morgan imo is one of their best cm so I can't see him leaving Morgan out even though he isn't playing for a cl side.

Edited by Shance

Yeah i'd agree that he'd be ****ed if they don't buy him but if they get sweinsteiger then that would appease the fans more. VG likes him as well so he must be their first choice. With Carrick, Herrera and Blind able to play there also, I wouldn't have thought they'd need Morgan as well.

They have the cash, they could have pushed through the deal any time they wanted. This was always going to be Schneiderlin's problem this summer - at the price he'd rightly command, he was never likely to be the first choice of any Champions League club. So he has to play the waiting game. Arsenal sound like they don't like the fee, and Man Utd seem to fancy someone else more.

In the meantime we potentially miss out on targets but that is just unfortunate. I hope he stays but worst case could be Arsenal come back in for him late as the only interested bidder at a price well below our valuation and Morgan throws a strop.

They have the cash, they could have pushed through the deal any time they wanted. This was always going to be Schneiderlin's problem this summer - at the price he'd rightly command, he was never likely to be the first choice of any Champions League club. So he has to play the waiting game. Arsenal sound like they don't like the fee, and Man Utd seem to fancy someone else more.

In the meantime we potentially miss out on targets but that is just unfortunate. I hope he stays but worst case could be Arsenal come back in for him late as the only interested bidder at a price well below our valuation and Morgan throws a strop.

He's been told firmly that he goes if someone meets the valuation. If not, then he stays.

Yep, that's pretty much my take on it.

Despite what Reed says and I'm sure Schneiderlin is currently being professional, but he's sung to all and sundry for the last year about his plans to play in the CL, it's not like he's just mentioned it in passing.

Tbf Les doesn't actually say that... He says they will be following bids up in next 48hours and aim to get something over the line as quickly as possible.

Obviously if we haven't signed anyone by Monday then people will be calling for his head.

no just the usual muppets on here..