Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

My only worry with Clasie is that if Wanyama gets injured or suspended then our midfield will be tiny, I know you don't have to be big to succeed in the prem but a whole midfield with no height what so ever that's asking for teams to try and exploit it like Man Utd putting Fellaini further forward. If we did bring in Clasie I would like to see another young midfielder brought it to provide a presence in midfield if ever needed as Reed/Davis/JWP and Clasie in the holding midfield roles would scare me against certain teams. Toby would be good in this situation as he can play there for a match or two so maybe another versatile CB

My only worry with Clasie is that if Wanyama gets injured or suspended then our midfield will be tiny, I know you don't have to be big to succeed in the prem but a whole midfield with no height what so ever that's asking for teams to try and exploit it like Man Utd putting Fellaini further forward. If we did bring in Clasie I would like to see another young midfielder brought it to provide a presence in midfield if ever needed as Reed/Davis/JWP and Clasie in the holding midfield roles would scare me against certain teams. Toby would be good in this situation as he can play there for a match or two so maybe another versatile CB

It's an issue I've highlighted. If Clasie was the Schneiderlin replacement then that leaves the central midfield spots to be occupied of two from Wanyama, Clasie, Davis, Reed, and JWP. Whilst height isn't everything and you can certainly be short and physical, that is not an imposing midfield for the Premier League. It could get over-run and in the air it is VERY vulnerable.

How many underwhelming signings do you think we've made so far?

How many underwhelming signings do you think we've made so far?

Well let's just say I think Cedric is the only signing we have made that goes straight into the first team. The rest are just strengthening the squad. Juanmi could be a good signing but he is in competition with mane jrod long and tadic imo so doesn't really strengthen the first eleven. I'm majorly excited by any of our signings so far are you ?

Well let's just say I think Cedric is the only signing we have made that goes straight into the first team. The rest are just strengthening the squad. Juanmi could be a good signing but he is in competition with mane jrod long and tadic imo so doesn't really strengthen the first eleven. I'm majorly excited by any of our signings so far are you ?

I mean when we have every body fit by the way I appreciate stekelenberg is needed right now

Twente needs to sell as they are in financial trouble. They do have some great players who are up for grabs but they're not yet as good as Tadic. Ziyech is an attacking midfielder with high potential and if he doesn't make a move abroad this year, it will certainly be the next. Also Gutierrez, Corona and Tapia are expected to play on a higher level eventually. Ebecilio came over from Arsenal where he didn't make it to the first team, nice player but not good enough yet for Southampton. But if he's cheap and Koeman c.s. can make him better, who knows...

Interesting to read "Van Hanegem"'s comments on here; thanks for them.

IMO, what we really need to strengthen our midfield when Morgan eventually goes is someone just like the real Van Hanegem, striding around St Mary's hammering the opposition and stroking the ball incisively forwards to our more attacking players.

Interesting to read "Van Hanegem"'s comments on here; thanks for them.

IMO, what we really need to strengthen our midfield when Morgan eventually goes is someone just like the real Van Hanegem, striding around St Mary's hammering the opposition and stroking the ball incisively forwards to our more attacking players.

Cheers Tommy! The real van Hanegem would be sent off a lot these days for all his dirty tricks on the pitch but I know what you mean. Van Hanegem was a key player for Feyenoord like Le Tissier was for the Saints...

He's a beast physically but he doesn't have much else going for him his passing is shocking.

Who?

Southampton Holland ‏@DutchSaintsFC

Jordy Clasie in Dutch newspaper @ADnl: ''I've read Koeman's comments. If Schneiderlin leaves, we will see" #saintsfc

*Saint-Armstrong re-tweeted it, so he should get credit for spotting it.

He re-tweets everything. Alex Crook Jnr

Ogbonna sorry was meant to quote, don't particularly rate him depends on how much he's gunna cost I'm sure his wages would be fairly high.

He's supposedly off to West Ham. Only seen a bit of him when he was at Torino. Not particularly impressive, always felt he had a mistake in him and his pace gets him out of trouble a lot.

Still think we need a top class CB to replace Toby (know they are hard to come by) and a strong CM who's over 5'8. JWP, Clasie, Davis etc all quite powder puff when MS goes esp in away games

fairly sure victor cannot be described as "powder puff"

Erwin Koeman telling Wijnaldum not to bother with Newcastle.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=250041

I tried to translate the article, but the translation website I used said Koeman was Cow Man so I'm not so sure it's accurate - however I think Koeman said Newcastle is a big club with good players but the last few years they haven't done well and there is an issue with Managers and stability.

More evidence that our staff are gobbing off to the press about players who are not ours and other clubs.

we go mental when others do that about us

Do you really care that much that you have to keep posting that? You have a short memory go back a few years when loveable old rosey cheeks was having a constant war with the media. Papers have nothing to write about at the moment apart from Sterling so just fill up/phone up for quotes - its the same every summer.

Do you really care that much that you have to keep posting that? You have a short memory go back a few years when loveable old rosey cheeks was having a constant war with the media. Papers have nothing to write about at the moment apart from Sterling so just fill up/phone up for quotes - its the same every summer.

Managers etc talking about our players and us does not bother me really. Just funny when people get their panties in a twist on here, yet ronald/staff are very open to talking about any player who is not ours when a mic is put in front of them

More evidence that our staff are gobbing off to the press about players who are not ours and other clubs.

we go mental when others do that about us

You tell us how mental we go you mean.

"The paper reports that Southampton have emerged with late interest and have offered a higher bid of €13m, but Ogbonna is believed to have his heart set on a move to the London side."

I read that as saying that it's the player preferring West Ham rather than our bid being too late. Until the contract is signed its never 'too late' as such.

I read that as saying that it's the player preferring West Ham rather than our bid being too late. Until the contract is signed its never 'too late' as such.

surely, we have just been over this sort of scenario?

it didnt work out

True. But maybe if we had bid earlier we could have given him another good option?

surely, we have just been over this sort of scenario?

it didnt work out

Nevertheless do you think that our recruitment might be going a bit better if we still had Mitchell?

Perhaps the chappy from Huddersfield is still finding his feet in the deep waters of high level fooball.

One assumes we didn't bid earlier because we we're still hopeful of Alderweireld staying?

Or we knew Toby preferred Spurs and got complacent about this clause while we should have been sounding out other targets?

We could go on all day.