The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

But having seen that for Arnhem, they've clearly stopped that from happening again by adding the ID collection rules.

Wonder if they will do that for every round now or just for Midtjylland as it's such a small allocation. If we draw Dortmund and get 4000 tickets I cant see them doing the same then. It would be a logistical nightmare!

But only the normal travelling support without the appropriate number of aways as defined in the rules laid out by the club. You can't make rules for those marginal cases - for instance I could have missed out due to going to Stoke away on the day and not having it against my number, but them's the rules.

Also, I still have a back up in the home end, if anyone wants to pay me £20 for it.

Wasn't saying it was unfair, personally can see why it's been done and it's fairer than most, was more a comment on why it's not sold out as quickly as some might expect.

Wonder if they will do that for every round now or just for Midtjylland as it's such a small allocation. If we draw Dortmund and get 4000 tickets I cant see them doing the same then. It would be a logistical nightmare!

From a "right people" perspective, having insisted on it for the smallest allocation we're likely to get, they've given themselves some flexibility for later rounds because if they insist on Vitesse +Midtjylland for Group priority (or at least for the first group game) then they're protecting the (theoretically) "most deserving" people. If people want to buy tickets and don't go, the only way to avoid that is to show travel info (Aberdeen did that) or collect pre-match.

As an aside, bearing in mind that with the current allocation rules no-one who goes to Herning won't already have been to Arnhem, they can use the category of Vit+Midt for the first batch of people (and guarantee a ticket for up to 550), then Vitesse (didn't go to Herning) is the second tier of availability, and on from there to ST+aways for the rest.

Unless we somehow draw Pot 4's small team with a 10,000 ground and smaller allocation in the opening group game away, there shouldn't be an issue structuring the allocations from now on.

Wasn't saying it was unfair, personally can see why it's been done and it's fairer than most, was more a comment on why it's not sold out as quickly as some might expect.

It certainly hasn't sold out as quickly as I expected, even knowing there were still tickets at 8:59am on Vitesse and 10+ aways day last week I was still twitchy. There wouldn't have been that many being sold each day after the first day, purely because the increments of people with ONLY 11 but not 12, and ONLY 10 but not 11, etc. are pretty small numbers.

Come to think of it, my away tickets for other matches have a nominal "seat number" (and West Brom away was pretty low numbers this morning at 9:00am), I could look to see if Midtjylland had a "seat number" and tell you how many they'd sold by 9am on Thursday to get an idea of numbers with 11+ and Vitesse...

BRB :D

Edited by The9

So, by my reckoning, we'd sold around 340 aways for Midtjylland by 9:02am on Thursday morning (that's basically the number sold to people with 11 or more aways plus Vitesse).

Oh, hang on, I also know someone who bought on the second day at 9:00am too, so we can also find out approximately how many were sold to the first batch. :)

Edited by The9

So, from my bit of investigative work, we'd sold about 280-ish* to the people who had 12 or more aways plus Vitesse (the top priority), and we'd sold 340-ish to people with 11 or more aways plus Vitesse by first thing Thursday.

That also of course means that we sold 60 to people with exactly 11 aways plus Vitesse on the Wednesday.

Taking that estimate as an indicator, we'd have about 400 sold on Thursday night (10+) , 460 on Friday night (9+) and, assuming the numbers increase slightly as more people become eligible the fewer you have to have attended, they're probably expecting us to sell out to those with 8+, which is today. Failing that they'll definitely go tomorrow.

Interestingly they are also now offering

•Tuesday 18th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least three domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

I imagine this includes every single person who went with the official travel club and jumped the qualification requirement, because surely otherwise we don't HAVE anyone who got a ticket for Arnhem and went to only 3 domestic aways at the time the Arnhem tickets were on sale?

*I know exactly how many, but let's deal in estimates...

Ouch my train back to Copenhagen is 11.21 (although hoping now to catch it from the station closest to the ground at 11.17. Failing that have to wait for the 5.59 next morning at flight is 10.50

Could be very awkward!

8.45 Kick Off

Game ends at 10.35

If extra time - Finishes circa 11.10

If Pens - Finish circa 11.25

Ouch my train back to Copenhagen is 11.21 (although hoping now to catch it from the station closest to the ground at 11.17. Failing that have to wait for the 5.59 next morning at flight is 10.50

Appears ground is 40 min walk from main station so will be tight for you, however if you miss train, there are bars open in Herning until 3am, from info I've seen

I don't get this +Arnhem game criteria . The game was bang in the middle of holiday season , there were clearly going to be people who couldn't attend. You could have been to every away game last season , been in Greece or Turkey for the first game and bang goes your priority for future Europa League games . No wonder people passed on tickets to mates or paid but never attended , what else were we expected to do . Yes , I was one of them . I did 10 aways last season but was on holiday for the game . I was not going to miss the opportunity of future Europa league games by " doing the right thing" and not buying one . I passed my ticket on to my brother in laws mate who did 0 aways last year, he got a ticket that somebody with 5 or 6 aways should have got. Had the first game not been pivotal to future Europa league games I doubt I'd have bothered to get one .

Away tickets on sale tomorrow for ST holders who DIDN'T attend the Vitesse game.

Tickets will then go on sale with the following criteria:

Tuesday 18th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least six domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Tuesday 18th August (12pm) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended the away game against Vitesse and at least three domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Wednesday 19th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who attended at least 12 domestic away games from the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-fc-midtjylland-southampton-uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-2606549.aspx#eYSas9D2wA12LJ9q.99

Pompey would probably take 7000 there or something and we are struggling to sell 600. Pathetic.

I don't see it as a reflection of the appetite of the fans to get to these sort of matches. With two days till the game the tickets are still beyond restricted - even if they make it to a point where people can qualify for tickets it is far too late to make sufficient arrangements. Just look at how many we took to Vitesse in the home and away ends!

I don't see it as a reflection of the appetite of the fans to get to these sort of matches. With two days till the game the tickets are still beyond restricted - even if they make it to a point where people can qualify for tickets it is far too late to make sufficient arrangements. Just look at how many we took to Vitesse in the home and away ends!

The game's next week.

There will also be 10 Champions League Losers dropping in from the CL Play-Off Round - those in bold (potentially 5 more) would be lower ranked than Saints:

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033

Champions League Play off seeded teams (Any losers drop into Europa League Group Stage)

Scotland Celtic 60411 (5% capacity = 3020)

Cyprus APOEL 22859 (5% capacity = 1142)

Belarus BATE Borisov 13126 (5% capacity = 656)

Croatia Dinamo Zagreb 35123 (5% capacity = 1756)

Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 34915 (Playing in Lviv due to conflict) (5% capacity = 1745)

Champions League Play off non-seeded teams (Any losers drop into Europa League Group Stage)

Serbia Partizan 32710 (5% capacity = 1635)

Sweden Malmö FF 24000 (5% capacity = 1200)

Albania Skënderbeu Korçë 12000 (5% capacity = 600)

Kazakhstan Astana 30000 (5% capacity = 1500)

Austria Rapid Wien 50865 (5% capacity = 2543)

So, the Champions League Play off matches start this evening.

What do we want...... Teams with lower coefficient scores to lose and drop into the Europa league so that we are possibly ranked higher or the bigger teams with a higher capacity and resulting higher away allocation to go drop into the Europa League so more of us can have a party? :)

Edited by marc_saint

So, the Champions League Play off matches start this evening.

What do we want...... Teams with lower coefficient scores to lose and drop into the Europa league so that we are possibly ranked higher or the bigger teams with a higher capacity and resulting higher away allocation to go drop into the Europa League so more of us can have a party? :)

We want lower teams to drop in so we're ranked higher (we're almost certainly going to be in Pot 3 anyway but being in Pot 2 would make things much easier), and the lowest ranked team in our group to be Rapid Vienna (though due to the proximity to our coeffecient it's unlikely we'll be in different pots). :)

I'd also like the really silly furthest east sides like Astana and BATE to stay in the CL so we don't get them. :D

I could do without needing to go to the awkward to get to bits of the Balkans too. Not so worried about Albania for some reason, that would be quite amusing.

Edited by The9

Ah, thanks, didnt realise that. Not including the travel? If I had realised, I probably would've bought one for the priority! Still the 3 aways bit is confusing

Not including travel. They realised they weren't going to sell the travel packages with only 2 days left so put them on sale at 2.30 in the afternoon. Think there were only something like 100 tickets

If anybody is desperate I have tickets that I cant use due to work commitments.

We want lower teams to drop in so we're ranked higher (we're almost certainly going to be in Pot 3 anyway but being in Pot 2 would make things much easier), and the lowest ranked team in our group to be Rapid Vienna (though due to the proximity to our coeffecient it's unlikely we'll be in different pots). :)

I'd also like the really silly furthest east sides like Astana and BATE to stay in the CL so we don't get them. :D

I could do without needing to go to the awkward to get to bits of the Balkans too. Not so worried about Albania for some reason, that would be quite amusing.

Desperate for 2 tickets in away end. Flights and hotel all booked. Would really appreciate?

Just for the record, I've now moved the 3 I had in the home end on, and ain't nobody having my away. Just a week and a bit to look forward to it now... and 2 other Saints matches in the meantime to distract me. :D

Still not sure how anyone with 3 aways could have got a Vitesse ticket unless they sold tickets for the travel club to those without the necessary entitlement - you'd HAVE to have had people with fewer than 3 aways for that category to exist (and people who didn't go to Newcastle as well).

Edited by The9

Just for the record, I've now moved the 3 I had in the home end on, and ain't nobody having my away. Just a week and a bit to look forward to it now... and 2 other Saints matches in the meantime to distract me. :D

Still not sure how anyone with 3 aways could have got a Vitesse ticket unless they sold tickets for the travel club to those without the necessary entitlement - you'd HAVE to have had people with fewer than 3 aways for that category to exist (and people who didn't go to Newcastle as well).

Actually, looking back at the tweets from SouthamptonFC on the 4th, Vitesse tickets were sold to fans who had attended 3 away games last season.

There will also be 10 Champions League Losers dropping in from the CL Play-Off Round - those in bold (potentially 5 more) would be lower ranked than Saints:

Astana Kazakhstan 3.825 v APOEL FC Cyp 35.460

KS Skënderbeu Alb 5.575 v Dinamo Zagreb Cro 24.700

Celtic Sco 39.080 v Malmö FF Swe 12.545

FC BATE Borisov Blr 35.150 v FK Partizan Srb 14.775

Rapid Wien Austria 15.635 v Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk 86.033

Astana v APOEL have just kicked off. Live on BT Sport Europe.

Astana just gone 1-0 up

Astana v APOEL have just kicked off. Live on BT Sport Europe.

Astana just gone 1-0 up

Finished 1-0 and APOEL will feel disappointed they didn't get at least a draw. I'd expect APOEL to turn it around in the return leg next week.

If Astana do drop into the Europa league I hope we don't get them. The flights on skyscanner are horrendous!

1-1

very nice goal from Depay

LOL, owen saying the carrick pass to Depay was 'pass of the season'.....moron

Depay's control made it look good - very few players would have been able to take down a ball fizzed in at chest height like that.

Once the rozzers get wind of Brentford selling tickets for the away end there is going to be hell to pay. Could be some serious trouble in the Northam if many have been sold, would advise caution for those traveling with young families. How has this has been allowed to happen?

Just keep your heads down, don't wear colours and keep your fingers crossed the police manage the Brentford mob well.

Once the rozzers get wind of Brentford selling tickets for the away end there is going to be hell to pay. Could be some serious trouble in the Northam if many have been sold, would advise caution for those traveling with young families. How has this has been allowed to happen?

Just keep your heads down, don't wear colours and keep your fingers crossed the police manage the Brentford mob well.

Brentford managed just shy of 900 away fans for Bristol City, you think they'll have similar on Thursday then?

Sarcasm assumed.

New eligibility for away game.......

Tickets for this game will go on sale with the following criteria:

Thursday 20th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least six domestic away games since the start of the 2014/15 season

Thursday 20th August (12am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least three domestic away games since the start of the 2014/15 season

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-fc-midtjylland-southampton-uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-2606549.aspx#GY9lciS0sT1CmhPT.99

Thursday 20th August (9am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least six domestic away games since the start of the 2014/15 season

Thursday 20th August (12am) 2015/16 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least three domestic away games since the start of the 2014/15 season

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-fc-midtjylland-southampton-uefa-europa-league-play-off-round-2606549.aspx#GY9lciS0sT1CmhPT.99

Tinpot.

Why the **** have we not sold out before this?

Why the **** have we not sold out before this?

Because the eligibility criteria has meant that we were selling to a subset of only 1500 people to begin with, all of whom have already been to an away match in Europe this month.

Because the eligibility criteria has meant that we were selling to a subset of only 1500 people to begin with, all of whom have already been to an away match in Europe this month.

Not any old 1500, though: largely the most committed segment of the fanbase.

Not any old 1500, though: largely the most committed segment of the fanbase.

Not when half the tickets (conservative estimate) ended up in the hands of others, with those whose customer numbers were used being unable/unwilling to travel to Arnhem, thereby ruling them out of Midtjylland because of the "collection with ID" thing.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})