Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

Hard to get excited over a tweet from Alex Crook..

Jordan Sibley's reply

Jordan Sibley ‏@jordansibley 55s55 seconds ago

.@alex_crook That must have been his identical twin brother I flew back to England with last night then ��

Think it's pretty clear he wants to come here and confident this one gets done - him and VW will be the CMs next season and if expect Reed to get more game time. JWP is powder puff which is a shame as he no doubt has the passing and vision to play CM but he's not physical or dominant enough

As funny as it is, that's a bit of a daft move by Mr. Sibley. The club needs the press as much as the press needs the club. Anyone who works in communications will tell you that.

But it's blatant rubbish from Crook!?

As funny as it is, that's a bit of a daft move by Mr. Sibley. The club needs the press as much as the press needs the club. Anyone who works in communications will tell you that.

I work in communications. That's not true. Besides, Crook would do well to laugh along with everyone else.

What a vile, arrogant club Feyehampton are. Why do they think they can just pick off our players as and when it suits them? They should develop their own. I don't mind Claise leaving but to anyone but them. They got our manager and our centre forward now they're taking the p*ss.

Feyehampton clearly lack the imagination to develop their own strategy and system so they are stealing ours. Horrible arrogant club with deluded fans.

I know you're trying to be funny, but because we are in different leagues in different countrys its not really the same as Spuds n Pool. Besides I have more of a problem with Rodgers than the club itself, always disliked spurs. Suppose they were bareable when they had Modric, Van Der Vaart and Bale on fire as they were good watch

Crook is a complete shyster, they should just ban him from the press conferences.

I can't recall any info that he has found which wasn't either already known, a quite from a press conference, or made up.

Yet you read other club messageboards and many think he's as close to the action as any journo.

Why is it a daft move?

Doesn't media coverage matter on FM?

If they are making things up regardless for clickbait, why does it matter negatively on the club if you expose it on your personal twitter account? If anything it will help as more of the public will be aware of it.

They are making things up regardless of what the club do or their staff say on personal accounts. In what manner could this "haunt" them?

I realise they don't teach this in spreadsheet school so don't worry about not understanding. Let's say an issue crops up a few months from now and the club have a PR problem. They've given a journalist an excuse to capitalise on their bad relationship and write something potentially damaging - unrelated to this particular matter. I don't think there was any particular need to show him up on Twitter. If it's wrong like you think he is then he'll be found out anyway won't he?

Personally, I would have just sent him a quick message, out of the public eye, to say no, it's not true.

I've said this plenty of times, there is a lot more truth to football 'rumours' than people believe. The automatic response these days is 'lazy journalists lol omfg' unfortunately.

Fortunately it was only Alex Crook ;)

Indeed, it is amusing because it's him and the whole 'meltdown' thing.

I don't think you can really class Crook as a journalist.

You can't class many of them as journalists anymore, but I can actually say that he's better than most. I sound like I'm defending him but I'm really not.

If you can do CTRL + C followed by CTRL + V then you've got guaranteed entry to somewhere like the Metro or Daily Mail Online. I have seen press releases copied straight into publications, they haven't even taken the 'notes to editors' section out, or my contact details!

nah hes a complete wombat and the club shouldnt allow him anywhere near SFC media.

I realise they don't teach this in spreadsheet school so don't worry about not understanding. Let's say an issue crops up a few months from now and the club have a PR problem. They've given a journalist an excuse to capitalise on their bad relationship and write something potentially damaging - unrelated to this particular matter. I don't think there was any particular need to show him up on Twitter. If it's wrong like you think he is then he'll be found out anyway won't he?

Personally, I would have just sent him a quick message, out of the public eye, to say no, it's not true.

I've said this plenty of times, there is a lot more truth to football 'rumours' than people believe. The automatic response these days is 'lazy journalists lol omfg' unfortunately.

He doesn't appear to have any football contacts, his stories come from attending press conferences at Staplewood/St Mary's and rehashing articles that were in local or foreign press days earlier. He also has a habit of making things up as click bait to sell to newspapers.

Alex Crook born in bournemouth and is a Man United fans, which says it all !

Anyone licking his arse needs a doctor.

But they should brush their teeth before seeing said doctor, obviously.

He doesn't appear to have any football contacts, his stories come from attending press conferences at Staplewood/St Mary's and rehashing articles that were in local or foreign press days earlier. He also has a habit of making things up as click bait to sell to newspapers.

Bit unwise to say he doesn't have football contacts. Looks to me as if he does.

Unfortunately, I can't think of a publication or news network that doesn't do click bait. This last week I've noticed it's been particularly bad.

Bit unwise to say he doesn't have football contacts. Looks to me as if he does.

What makes you think that? Pretty much every article or tweet I've seen him make about Saints is something from a press conference he's attended, a rehash of either someone else on twitter or a rehash of a local/foreign article from days earlier. Whenever that hasn't been the case its turned out to not be true, so probably made up. I can't find any examples of articles from him that look to have been from a good football contact and aren't a rehash of someone else's work.

Compare that to Simon Peach... the clubs' media department actually tell him things in advance. He clearly uses them for information and they are happy to give it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

This is awesome, love Clasie and after yesterday's midfield performance only Vic could be said to have a good game and clasie's drive to win is just what we need, he is a gun.

This photo makes me laugh

BGJd7-xCYAADpYD.jpg

Really? I thought Reed was pretty decent tbh. Still, would be happy with Clasie.

Edited by mulletsaint

What makes you think that? Pretty much every article or tweet I've seen him make about Saints is something from a press conference he's attended, a rehash of either someone else on twitter or a rehash of a local/foreign article from days earlier. Whenever that hasn't been the case its turned out to not be true, so probably made up. I can't find any examples of articles from him that look to have been from a good football contact and aren't a rehash of someone else's work.

Compare that to Simon Peach... the clubs' media department actually tell him things in advance. He clearly uses them for information and they are happy to give it.

Yep. Peach is a good'un. But I still don't think you can say Crook (unfortunate surname and all) doesn't have contacts.

Shock horror "football journalist makes something up", unfollowed him on twitter years ago. Only follow a very small number of footy journalists now who all seem reliable and don't just post for the attention, like most of them do.

Yep. Peach is a good'un. But I still don't think you can say Crook (unfortunate surname and all) doesn't have contacts.

Can you link to an article from Crook that provides evidence that he has good football contacts and isn't a rehash of something someone else has put on the internet for him to source and not credit?

Can you link to an article from Crook that provides evidence that he has good football contacts and isn't a rehash of something someone else has put on the internet for him to source and not credit?

Could you write a book or run a news agency if you didn't have contacts? You wouldn't get very far.