Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

Is your source some bloke on twitter by any chance? :p

Obviously yes :)

Can people stop trying to be in the know on this one, it's obvious it's happening so let's wait for this afternoon.

Not pretending to be itk, just reading Twitter.

Let's all sit in silence till its done.

Can people stop trying to be in the know on this one, it's obvious it's happening so let's wait for this afternoon.

It does make me chuckle at these posters passing themselves off as having insider info... just admit its rumour you read somewhere.

My brother is very well connected at the club and tells me NOTHING. Never has and never will. I don't bother asking. Not that he would be privy to anything regarding player recruitment but he would possibly hear things and could pass them on. He doesn't. Therefore, despite having family connection with the club I am very much not ITK.

Having said all that.. I hope Clasie signs rapido in order for us to begin integrating him into the system and team. Man United seemed very concerned about getting their signings done before their trip so I would hope we would follow suit (negotiations permitting of course).

It does make me chuckle at these posters passing themselves off as having insider info... just admit its rumour you read somewhere.

My brother is very well connected at the club and tells me NOTHING. Never has and never will. I don't bother asking. Not that he would be privy to anything regarding player recruitment but he would possibly hear things and could pass them on. He doesn't. Therefore, despite having family connection with the club I am very much not ITK.

Having said all that.. I hope Clasie signs rapido in order for us to begin integrating him into the system and team. Man United seemed very concerned about getting their signings done before their trip so I would hope we would follow suit (negotiations permitting of course).

You need to sort your brother out, if I had a brother well connected I'd be on his case for little snippets of info.

Oh, and I heard from a bloke who read it on twitter from someone who made it up that Clasie is signing in the next 2 hours....

You need to sort your brother out, if I had a brother well connected I'd be on his case for little snippets of info.

Oh, and I heard from a bloke who read it on twitter from someone who made it up that Clasie is signing in the next 2 hours....

He passes me his tickets if he's not using them when I'm down so I can't complain too much :)

Clasie and '****' Van Dijk double signing would be luvvverlly :)

When was the last time Saints did a double signing?

Last summer's transfer window...

14th August 2014 - Gardos and Long

If you count loans...

1st September 2014 - Mane and Alderweireld

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just thought I try and give come comparison height wise for where Clasie is with some famous names.

Claise Height 1.69cm

Historical

Maradona - 1.65cm

Vogts - 1.68cm

Pele - 1.73cm

Matthaus - 1.74cm

Current

Sanchez - 1.68cm

Carzola - 1.68cm

Shaqiri - 1.69cm

Messi - 1.69cm

Xavi - 1.70 cm

Lahm - 1.70cm

Ribery - 1.70cm

Sneijder - 1.70 cm

Inesita - 1.70 cm

Mata - 1.70cm

Di Natale - 1.70cm

Arshavin - 1.72cm

Wilshire - 1.72cm

D Silva - 1.73cm

Hazard - 1.73cm

Ageruo - 1.73cm

Mascherano - 1.74cm

De Jong - 1.74cm

Modric - 1.74cm

Pirlo - 1.77cm

I read somewhere they had reject £10M but I reckon it might be about adding a few add-ons to get it through.

Just thought I try and give come comparison height wise for where Clasie is with some famous names.

Claise Height 1.69cm

Historical

Maradona - 1.65cm

Vogts - 1.68cm

Pele - 1.73cm

Matthaus - 1.74cm

Current

Sanchez - 1.68cm

Carzola - 1.68cm

Shaqiri - 1.69cm

Messi - 1.69cm

Xavi - 1.70 cm

Lahm - 1.70cm

Ribery - 1.70cm

Sneijder - 1.70 cm

Inesita - 1.70 cm

Mata - 1.70cm

Di Natale - 1.70cm

Arshavin - 1.72cm

Wilshire - 1.72cm

D Silva - 1.73cm

Hazard - 1.73cm

Ageruo - 1.73cm

Mascherano - 1.74cm

De Jong - 1.74cm

Modric - 1.74cm

Pirlo - 1.77cm

Very useful, thanks. Suppose only really xavi, pirlo, de jong and modric have been used that far back regularly, just glancing quickly through the list. all the others play further up the pitch as no.10/11, or out wide. I'd be interested to know of players that sit above the back four where he would compare

Very useful, thanks. Suppose only really xavi, pirlo, de jong and modric have been used that far back regularly, just glancing quickly through the list. all the others play further up the pitch as no.10/11, or out wide. I'd be interested to know of players that sit above the back four where he would compare

Let me see if I can find out, Lahm plays CM for germany

Edited by Convict Colony

Claude Makelele - 1.70cm

Jordy Clasie - 1.69cm

His height didn't stop Makelele having a role named after him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WojjZy7QE

Edited by Matthew Le God

Wasn't he the chap that said Stoke were still favourites to sign Cedric a day or so before he signed for us?

That has the whiff of week old news to me. I reckon things have moved on since then

The price one pays for selling the player to be replaced for lots of dosh before buying the replacement I suppose. (if any truth in the above report, of course)

The price one pays for selling the player to be replaced for lots of dosh before buying the replacement I suppose.

I don't think that really makes a difference. Even if we tried to sign Clasie before Schneiderlin left, Feyenoord would be fully aware we wanted him because Schneiderlin was soon to be leaving for a big fee.

I don't think that really makes a difference. Even if we tried to sign Clasie before Schneiderlin left, Feyenoord would be fully aware we wanted him because Schneiderlin was soon to be leaving for a big fee.

Koeman gave the impression it made a difference. HTH

Right some additions (blue) to CM/DM only heights, also just as a fyi Lallana is only 1.73cm

My list of relatively recent CM's:

Veratti - 1.65cm

Davids - 1.70cm

Xavi - 1.70 cm

Lahm - 1.70cm

Ineista - 1.70 cm

Makelele -1.73cm

Mascherano - 1.74cm

De Jong - 1.74cm

De Guzman - 1.74cm

Modric - 1.74cm

Matuidi - 1.75cm

Cabaye - 1.75cm

Nainggolan - 1.76cm

Pirlo - 1.77cm

Most days I like to spend 1hr :47 watching an old vid where somebody we might sign is just one of 22 players on show.

I only watched 21 minutes and 42 seconds of it....I thought that was clear from the time stamp?

clasie vs luis is an enjoyable sight to behold

I like the look of Simon Gustafson the 20 yr old Swedish interntional Feyenoord are looking to replace Claise with.

Gustafson won't be the replacement of Clasie but an addition for the left flank as we're low on left foot players, especially when Vilhena won't sign a new contract. Wait a minute... Clasie and Vilhena! There's you're double signing... :D

Just kidding.

"... key men – Schneiderlin, Nathaniel Clyne – leaving and Koeman forced to rebuild during the summer window."

Oh ffs! MSM encouraging bedwetters again!

"... key men – Schneiderlin, Nathaniel Clyne – leaving and Koeman forced to rebuild during the summer window."

Oh ffs! MSM encouraging bedwetters again!

So you don't think Schneiderlin, Clyne (and Alderweireld, mentioned in the other linked post) were key men? OK. That's your opinion.

Really think that there are some people on here who had issues in the damp bed department when they were little and now try to make up for that by asserting that anyone who actually shows any concern about what is happening has the same issues that they had when children.

Journalist @mikosgouka reckons Clasie might not come over to Southampton and that we might sign him when we travel to Holland.

We are playing on Saturday so imagine will travel fairly soon, so it probably makes sense!

Makes sense to be honest, was thinking that as the week drifts on, we'll be flying out there in a couple of days.

So you don't think Schneiderlin, Clyne (and Alderweireld, mentioned in the other linked post) were key men? OK. That's your opinion.

Really think that there are some people on here who had issues in the damp bed department when they were little and now try to make up for that by asserting that anyone who actually shows any concern about what is happening has the same issues that they had when children.

I think the point was that it states we are being "forced" to "rebuild" again, which isn't that true. 1, we decided to well when the price and conditions were right; 2, buying 3 new players is not a rebuild, its a touch up.

I think the point was that it states we are being "forced" to "rebuild" again, which isn't that true. 1, we decided to well when the price and conditions were right; 2, buying 3 new players is not a rebuild, its a touch up.

So if your foundations are crumbling but the rest of the house is okay, you just need a touch up isi?