Jordy Clasie Signs - Official

Saint-Armstrong

Tried that argument, it's fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it's both funny and totally called for.

Personally I think if you're stupid enough to make a mug of yourself in public you should expect a bit of leg pulling. He'll get over it or he's as much a knob as people on here make out.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 2 hrs2 hours ago

#saintsfc @RonaldKoeman is in France, Holland, or Malta completing an £8m or £10m or £12m deal for @Clasie_Official - u heard it here first

Taking the urine out of of his own industry and/or Mr Crook per chance?

The article I posted up earlier from Sporting Witness (I have no idea how credible they are) state he wants his new kids to have an English passport. God knows how they'd get that info.

Safe to say though that Clasie is on his way which is brilliant news. Just need that first choice CB in and we're sorted.

The original source of the article was http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/feyenoord/24261689/__Clasie_op_weg_naar_Koeman__.html which simply observed that his soon to be born child will have the option of claiming a British passport on account of being born in England. How that mutated into 'he wants his newborn to have an English passport' was either careless reading or a flexing of journalist cut and twist muscles by the sportwitness writer.

Really excited by this (potential) signing. I think we'll see a lot more forward passes and we'll be better able to capitalise on the pace of Mane and JRod. There were times last season when we were crying out for someone to drive forward with purpose and break through some lines, or to play a killer pass. Excited!

Really excited by this (potential) signing. I think we'll see a lot more forward passes and we'll be better able to capitalise on the pace of Mane and JRod. There were times last season when we were crying out for someone to drive forward with purpose and break through some lines, or to play a killer pass. Excited!

Don't forget Pelle, Clasie knows him well... ;)

Seen some more videos of him and he seems a tidy player. Like the way he brings the team forward up the pitch but do have some concerns about what he'll be like when we don't have the ball. Still feel like we need an understudy to Wanyama, and maybe even another 'destroyer' partner for him for some games. Wanyama himself likes a card as well, and with a new central defensive partner for Fonte required I do think we need another physical presence for the centre of the park, even if he isn't an automatic starter.

Seen some more videos of him and he seems a tidy player. Like the way he brings the team forward up the pitch but do have some concerns about what he'll be like when we don't have the ball. Still feel like we need an understudy to Wanyama' date=' and maybe even another 'destroyer' partner for him for some games. Wanyama himself likes a card as well, and with a new central defensive partner for Fonte required I do think we need another physical presence for the centre of the park, even if he isn't an automatic starter.[/quote']

I agree with this I'd like to see us have another central midfielder with a bit of presence about him as backup/option for tough games there must be a young up and coming Belgian available for 7-8 million there seems to be one in every other position!

I agree with this I'd like to see us have another central midfielder with a bit of presence about him as backup/option for tough games there must be a young up and coming Belgian available for 7-8 million there seems to be one in every other position!

Yes - think we missed out on our destroyer target when Imbula went to Porto.

Tielemans plays for Anderleletch

Clasie sounds like a good signing, but still a little concerned by a lack of height/physical strength across the midfielders in our squad. When Wanyama is out/rested, there could be a problem.

Clasie, Reed, JWP, Davis - all of a similar build. Could make us more vulnerable to the Stokes and West Hams of the Prem, who will target us at set pieces and try to bully us in midfield.

Are we likely to sign another taller midfielder as well as Clasie (and a centre back to replace Toby)?

Clasie sounds like a good signing, but still a little concerned by a lack of height/physical strength across the midfielders in our squad. When Wanyama is out/rested, there could be a problem.

Clasie, Reed, JWP, Davis - all of a similar build.

Could make us more vulnerable to the Stokes and West Hams of the Prem, who will target us at set pieces and try to bully us in midfield.

Are we likely to sign another taller midfielder as well as Clasie (and a centre back to replace Toby)?

No !...Koeman's new tactic is having them run between the defenders' legs, whilst they nutmeg them at the same time.:lol:

Dutch friend told me last night a deal has been done, saints will pay upto 15m for him ( probs 10m with another 5m in instalments ) reports in Holland that he's flown out quickly as his wife is expecting, he always wanted to join up with koeman again.

Just from what he's heard btw nothing official.

His little report of him...

He's one of the best players to fight for his team, very passionate, won't score many goals but makes that up with his tackling, a great player but a bit on the short side. Feyenoord Fans are hard to please and they love him.

Yes - think we missed out on our destroyer target when Imbula went to Porto.

Its Virgil Van Dyk I hope. If our MF looks a bit lightweight this recruit would balance that out ~ 6ft 4" and can run with the ball, find a pass, scores free kicks, wins headers and once he's got going has a bit of the Yaya Toure about him shrugging players off on surging runs forward ( yeah i seen the highlights videos i don't know him personally or ever seen him live)

Can play English style footy as been at Celtic two seasons so he wont cry off when he gets kicked a bit. Big Vic will know him,. Fraser might know him too. We seem to do well withy Celtic players. It all looks nice. He can cover for Big Vic when hes suspended also i reckon hes that versatile.

Signing him as a CB (who can play RB btw) to replace Toby would be perfect for me. Ball playing ball winning young dutch big strong wont be more than £10m whats not to like?