Saints 1 Espanyol 1

alehouseboys

He already has a contracted job from Jan to June on a players wage. Why give that up and drop to a coaches salary. Plus Saints already have a number of keeper coaches Watson, Bartram & Flood.

He might not have been offered a coaching role yet. Does he even have his coaching badges?

Oh, Mr anti-Davis crawls out of his hole, still with his eyes wide shut.

He speaks the truth though, when your playing with 2 defensive midfielders the 3rd midfielder in the 3 man midfield must support the striker! It happened a few times the other night where a few pull backs from Soares went to around the penalty spot area, no-one was running in from midfield into that position and that is what Davis should be doing.

Not really following this, especially as had too much to drink at lunch and the sun has zapped me, but aren't defeats (or even draws) more useful than victories in these sort of games? I really can't get enthusiastic about friendlies.

Do think we need that CB in soon though, and another CM. Biggest thing for me is Koeman knowing his best team, or at least the majority of it. Juanmi, Rodriguez, Tadic, JWP, Davis all seem like they might be in and out for a while which doesn't make it easy.

Intetesting, I think its pretty easy to see Ron's team with what we have at present - Stek, Soares, Fonte, Yoshida, Targett, Wanyama, Classie, Davis, Pelle, Mane, Tadic.

We will sign CB to be ahead of Yoshi and of course Bertrand comes back in when fit, but can't see beyond this yet. JRod will be pushing but think Ron is still a little anxious to make sure he is OK. Good to have option of Juanmi and JRod, and also JWP as backup in MF.

bit of a 'meh' game. as expected really

mish mash team throughout.

Excellent goal from rodriguez. if he gets back to anything like he was, he is our best striker.

you can see why it kicked off on the field at reading. what a horrible, dirty side

CB and importantly a CM with a bit of power and presence in and we are well set for a good season.

Martina looks adequate enough for a backup full back (certainly better than Maya out there) and Juanmi should develop into a class player.

This, make those two additions and we have more than one good option in every outfield position.