Deadline day thread (closes Tuesday 6-00pm)

Pilchards

Apparently Chelsea have 33 players out on loan. WTF?

It's their business model. Sign tons of youngsters and send them out on loan. Let other clubs develop and progress them. They then sell them on for more money and very little outlay over the period out on loan.

Allows them to then sign a big player with the sales of lots of smaller players.

Rupert got right at least once with his "North london yobbos" quip. Levy and Spurs are scum. Enjoy your dodgy midfield poch and Toby

Everyone knows Levy is a spiv. Everyone detests Spurs. I detest them more than any other club, even more than Liverpool.

Everyone knows Levy is a spiv. Everyone detests Spurs. I detest them more than any other club, even more than Liverpool.

Liverpool for me, then Spuds, WHU, Mourinho's Chelsea, then finally Man U.

Spurs seem to do transfer business very badley. Un-settling players etc.

Would laugh so much if Kane now gets injured on England duty for a long time, well not so much for the player himself but the Spurs fans would go ballistic.

Lot of bad tempers around this window, two involving Spurs unsettling Behrahino and Wanyama, nice to see both us and WBA hold their stance against Levy and wouldn't let them push us around, probably also shows that Spurs just don't exert the power that say a Chelsea or Utd do. Plus the De Gea, Real Madrid saga, which for me both clubs don't really come out so well though you would think that he will now go for free or much less in Jan.

Also difficult to have sympathy with Utd, as it's nice to see a bigger club pick on them for once, like they do for most of their transfers with other premiership teams, though I think our deals with them over Shaw and Morgan have been handled very well and was a good deal for us.

However, you have 3 key players for their club, Wanyama, Behrahinho and De Gea not featuring in games for the team that owns them because of silly transfer speculation in the main stirred up by the attempted buyers.

Very clearly this episode shows that the transfer window should end the day before the season starts.

I've just popped over to the Spuds forum. Worth a read. They're going ape**** at Levy.

Lol - couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. To be fair, I've got a few friends in London who are Spurs fans and who are realistic but I've also met far too many who suffer from delusions similar to those in South East Hampshire.

Nice to see WBA, Saints and other clubs like W Ham and Newcastle telling Levy to get on his bike despite the pathetic toadying efforts of the plastic Loadsamoney Chav hacks and even more pathetic Loadsamoney chav agents and players. Levy and Spurs don't have the money to shop at Southampton, Liverpool can only just afford it on the credit card and it takes a proper big club like Man U to buy from us comfortably.

Levy will no doubt sack MP soon when they are 12th in December. Actually, the stingy so and so even made MP pay his own compo to Saints!

And Spurs fans thought they'd win trophies galore after getting Sugar out :-)

It's their business model. Sign tons of youngsters and send them out on loan. Let other clubs develop and progress them. They then sell them on for more money and very little outlay over the period out on loan.

Allows them to then sign a big player with the sales of lots of smaller players.

It's odd. They've turned into some kind of pan European player farm. At least we've benefitted with Cork, Bertrand and (so far so good) Romeu.

It's odd. They've turned into some kind of pan European player farm. At least we've benefitted with Cork, Bertrand and (so far so good) Romeu.

and at the same time, you see 'Jose' throwing his toys out of the pram for lack of signings

I bet they wish they had bertrand right now. I bet he is better than the chap they have signed...Baba or someone

Agree, would buy from Chelsea again. Don't agree with what they are doing on the whole but if the players and agents keep on falling for it and gobbling up the signing on fees, it leaves Saints some juicy morsels in 3 years time whilst our academy regenerates as the legacy of the late 00s intakes kick in.

anyone find the term of transfers in and out as 'business' a bit tedious.

Saints have done some good business this window

also, the phrase 'the window has slammed shut!'

just **** off

Lol, slammed shut... In that it's closed gradually over the course of months!!! Couldn't be further from the definition of slammed if they tried

It's actually been a very good window for clubs outside the "big six" - not so much because they've made solid signings but because at least three of them (us, Everton, WBA) - and likely more - have stood their ground against the big clubs.

It's nice when you see a spoiled brat find out that money can't always buy them what they really want - especially when they click their fingers late in the window and expect to succeed.

So Spurs have to contend with an inadequate midfield, United have to live with a dodgy keeper, and Chelsea had better hope that neither Terry nor Cahill pick up a bad one.

I''m enjoying the day, not just as a Saints fan but as a football fan as well. :lol:

Agree, would buy from Chelsea again. Don't agree with what they are doing on the whole but if the players and agents keep on falling for it and gobbling up the signing on fees, it leaves Saints some juicy morsels in 3 years time whilst our academy regenerates as the legacy of the late 00s intakes kick in.

It kind of works for us, Romeu has had a decent apprenticeship and comes to us ready to play.

For Chelsea, though, you do need to ask what the point of it is. They'll buy in front line players anyway, hardly any of these kids ever break through. Genuinely they needn't bother.

TBH, I hope she is "skimming off the top". Maybe she has fallen in love with Saints and decides not to - that of course would be best. But the other way, and possibly more realistic, is for her to look at it as an investment. OK she could probably sell up now and make a healthy profit, but to me, if I was treating it as an investment, then I would expect a dividend. Why shouldn't she get a dividend? She can still be a good owner (and I think that she is) and take money out.

She deserves a dividend. Even if she doesn't need it.

However, you have 3 key players for their club, Wanyama, Behrahinho and De Gea not featuring in games for the team that owns them because of silly transfer speculation in the main stirred up by the attempted buyers.

Very clearly this episode shows that the transfer window should end the day before the season starts.

I think the tide's turning that way. I wouldn't be surprised if some managers started lobbying for it. I mean, leaving the team hotel to try and get a transfer?

Lol, slammed shut... In that it's closed gradually over the course of months!!! Couldn't be further from the definition of slammed if they tried

Well, that's debatable! The window wasn't any less open today than it was a month ago, and as Real Madrid and Man Utd have found out, it does close pretty firmly.

[

I think the tide's turning that way. I wouldn't be surprised if some managers started lobbying for it. I mean, leaving the team hotel to try and get a transfer?

Well, that's debatable! The window wasn't any less open today than it was a month ago, and as Real Madrid and Man Utd have found out, it does close pretty firmly.

Conspiracy theories about De Gea :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/david-de-gea-deal-sabotaged-6360491