Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I guess you haven't heard of oil? :lol:

If Saudi Arabia hadn't lucked out and won the natural resources lottery 70-80 years ago, it would have remained economically, in the words of a Lebanese friend, a tribal s**thole, struggling to diversify away from pearl fishing and other basic activities.

Why should values have kept up with new found oil wealth (which in turn has retarded other processes of modernisation and institution-building). It is an utter outlier and probably the worst example you could find to support your point.

Maybe their religion is the main reason why values haven't kept up?

If Saudi Arabia was a Christian country do you think homosexuality would have the death penalty and women be in the same disadvantaged position?

Edited by aintforever

Lol. The rabid pack have now turned against Verbal. Careful not to sound too knowledgable!

But thanks for the interesting and illuminating read.

Hold on, the vast majority of people on this thread have thanked verbal for his input. Turkish wrote a non serious reply (standard) and shurlock replied to verbal, otherwise no one else mentioned him other than CB Fry who was complimentary. Whether his last post is all relevant is arguable but he's still a very intelligent individual with a lot of interesting bits to offer. But you can pretend that there's a pack of people on here ready to pounce on anyone who writes anything too intelligent if it suits your narrative.

Edited by hypochondriac

Of course your point still stands, apart from all the easy "outliers", it is spot on :lol:

You're still not actually saying anything of substance, sharia mash. The lols don't count. I'll take it that you can't respond, won't respond -or as is practice on here, you're way out of your depth. Keep going, though.

You're still not actually saying anything of substance, sharia mash. The lols don't count. I'll take it that you can't respond, won't respond -or as is practice on here, you're way out of your depth. Keep going, though.

Well seeing as you responded to Verbal's eloquent post with ridicule, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a proper debate considering that's how you respond to someone whose intelligence clearly surpasses your own.

Don't get upset because your deeply thought out post is so easily proven wrong.

on a slightly different note.

I see the petition to ban Trump from the UK has hit 100k signatures.

is that right? I mean, we have plenty of nobbers spouting shyte here against western values etc and it would be against their human rights to stop them from coming. Hate preachers have been coming to universities in the UK for years?

Lol. The rabid pack have now turned against Verbal. Careful not to sound too knowledgable!

But thanks for the interesting and illuminating read.

not sure who the rabid pack are but it would be really intersting having a venn diagram or similar of who gets on with who or who consistently argues with who Allowing we are all mostly grumpy bastrds

From what i can see Shurlock argues with most but frequently speaks sense.

Sour Mash has a massive anti immigration agenda.

Hypo is often reasonable but hard hearted and will alwys go for SOG who 'ignores' him

SOG is a nice guy just naive and possibly bored. Doesn't irritate me as much as others

Verbal is very knowledgeable and doesn't have anyone who doesn't like him

CB Fry is always sensible and will never let anything go but makes me laugh. Hates Shurlock?

Turkish is very smart and amusing although pretty infrequent contributer. Hard hearted as well

Pretty much spree with all of that whelk. Good post. I think it's fair to say I can be hard hearted on here though I don't think that translates to offline. I've always tried to look at the other point of view from the generally accepted opinion. It's why I'm interesting in listening to the likes of tyson fury rather than silencing him or signing a useless petition.

Edited by hypochondriac

is that right? I mean, we have plenty of nobbers spouting shyte here against western values etc and it would be against their human rights to stop them from coming. Hate preachers have been coming to universities in the UK for years?

It's much better in my opinion to let people we don't agree with speak and then defeat them with argument. It's why it's so frustrating when the likes of nick griffin are invited onto question time and then shouted down the entire time so he can slink off and say it's a media conspiracy.

Well seeing as you responded to Verbal's eloquent post with ridicule, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a proper debate considering that's how you respond to someone whose intelligence clearly surpasses your own.

Clearly what? Because I happen to disagree with Verbal and by extension you on this specific issue -never mind I have happened to show you up in the past. Don't take it so personally.

Let's be clear: I agree with some of Verbal's comments -and acknowledge that religion matters, all other things being equal- though ultimately Verbal's worldview is so obvious (it's relevance here less so) it's not that much more difficult to situate than Pap's - one reason they make curiously natural bedfellows.

Go read Roy's work on Islamic radicalism; Jones on the relationship between culture and economic development (Landes doesn't count); Cohen and Inglehart on modernisation and globalisation- I could go on and on. Then we can begin to have a proper grown up discussion instead of trading anecdotes or travelogue vignettes for Vice. But this is a chatboard -and I come here for a laugh. I charge for all other advice :smug:

Edited by shurlock

Except that it's not a petition and it hasn't got any signatures. But other than that...

I hate to introduce shades of grey into a black-and-white argument, but here goes.

Any question asked publicly by PEW or anyone else in Pakistan will elicit a public answer. Privately, things are very different.

Homosexuality is not punishable by death in Pakistan – but it is if you are ‘convicted’ of it in ‘shura’ courts in some more extreme areas. Yet amongst the Taliban homosexuality is rife.

You wouldn’t think there’d be much in the way of an LGBT movement in Pakistan. In fact, it’s been there in one form since the Mughals. Hijras – transgender men-to-women – are despised publicly, but because they are also thought to be bringers of good luck are regularly invited to Pakistani weddings. Hijras have this status partly because they were essential items at the Mughal court, and have remained deeply ingrained in the culture. In the hijra tradition, the most famous TV chat show host a few years ago was an ostentatiously gay man dressed as a woman.

Islam in its modern virulent Wahhabi form is sexually repressive, including in its alien presence in Pakistan. Yet the country’s most famous living painter is the son of a prostitute, who paints prostitutes for a living, who exhibits these paintings in a building that overlooks and faces onto one of the world’s most important Islamic sites, the Badshahi mosque in Lahore. You can view his paintings and then go upstairs and sit and have food on his veranda with the most spectacular view of the mosque.

His house is in the city’s red light district, which is now in the process of being preserved. I think it’s even been designated a world heritage site. In that red light district is a rather grand and very beautiful house which is a kind of Playboy mansion. During the festival of Basant (kite-flying, ostensibly), the house parties were something to behold, with its ‘harem rooms’ – it felt like the last days of the Roman Empire. Let’s leave it at that.

I remember asking a Karachi-ite what people did of an evening and he said: we’re in the midst of a population explosion – what do you think?

Intoxication of any kind of prohibited, but in the tribal areas alcohol runs like water. In fact, that’s what it’s called – Khyber water. It’s purest, neatest hooch and will knock you out. Drug-taking is also publicly taboo. Yet in Karachi there is an entire street (by the main bus station if you’re curious) in which every single of about thirty shops sells various kinds of hasheesh. People I knew there had a taste for it so refined that they were like the most committed wine connoisseurs. When I once asked for fake bundles of hash as a film prop they brought in the real stuff.

Outwardly, all Pakistanis dress more or less alike in shalwas, etc. But go into the walled-off fashion college in Lahore and you’ll see the most daring stuff being designed and cat-walked.

If you go to see Pakistan’s most famous Sufi musicians, including those who perform around mosques, you’ll be joining in a drugged-up, hippy-ish audience – and the drugs are very much part of the experience. Always have been. This is because Sufism has always been the most popular form of Islam in the population centre of Pakistan (basically the Indus Valley), and spiritualism is accessed by way of some variant of cannabis. It’s also why Kabul was the terminus of the hippy trail up until the 1970s – you wouldn’t know or even guess today that Afghanistan was also the centre of a Sufi tune in/drop out religion that dominated a people’s lives. Go to a place like Sehwan Sharif in Sindh province, and you’ll be in a headlong party every single night. Sehwan Sharif is so holy that Hindus travel to it from India, with all the risks that entails. Or go to the wondrous Sufi shrines in outwardly super-conservative Multan – and you’ll notice that the shrines themselves dominate the skyline, and have tiny mosques attached – a very physical representation of priorities.

This isn’t the half of it – there’s lots I can’t say because it might put people at risk. But it does illustrate the difficulty of cut-and-dried categorisation. So Pakistanis in Pakistan aren’t so much different to us – they just party harder.

And answer PEW questions with pre-approved censoriousness. Things are not always as they seem.

Excellent post, a return to best form. So much more interesting than the Corbynista tosh.

Edited by buctootim

Go read Roy's work on Islamic radicalism; Jones on the relationship between culture and economic development (Landes doesn't count); Cohen and Inglehart on modernisation and globalisation- I could go on and on. Then we can begin to have a proper grown up discussion instead of trading anecdotes or travelogue vignettes for Vice. But this is a chatboard -and I come here for a laugh. I charge for all other advice :smug:

Do they still teach that old **** at IDS? They should seriously update their reading lists.

Excellent post, a return to best form. So much more interesting than the Corbynista tosh.

Oh, and vis-a-vis Paris, Corbyn is still a cretin whose acolytes have all the moral superiority of a teenager who's just discovered vegetarianism.

Do they still teach that old **** at IDS? They should seriously update their reading lists.

IDS? Does it have Steven Pinker's "The Better Angels of Our Nature" on it? :lol:

Seems all those hash-fueled Sufi nights have gone to your head, my media luvvie friend. Stick to your Judith Chalmers does a poor man's Steve Coll routine -Channel 4 laps up that c**p, so I understand.

Edited by shurlock

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the dictionary definitions where a petition is a document on a bit of paper and signing involves a pen.

People liking an on-line campaign on their mobile phone isn't quite the same thing in my book.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer the dictionary definitions where a petition is a document on a bit of paper and signing involves a pen.

People liking an on-line campaign on their mobile phone isn't quite the same thing in my book.

ok, may want to tell the whole world that.

get your drift anyway

Hold on, the vast majority of people on this thread have thanked verbal for his input. Turkish wrote a non serious reply (standard) and shurlock replied to verbal, otherwise no one else mentioned him other than CB Fry who was complimentary. Whether his last post is all relevant is arguable but he's still a very intelligent individual with a lot of interesting bits to offer. But you can pretend that there's a pack of people on here ready to pounce on anyone who writes anything too intelligent if it suits your narrative.

Jeez, lighten up, Hypo. I was joking!

I too liked Whelk's sum up.

And that's me three posts and out for the day.

No, I generally don't get a bee in my bonnet about anything, I just dislike those who spam threads endlessly hoping that if they repeat the same phrases ad nauseum, people will get tired of the onslaught and leave the thread, or think "Hmm, didn't agree with the argument the first hundred times, but the second century really knocked my existing beliefs for six". As for Ideology, if there's a god of serial contrarians who fancy themselves iconoclasts, then surely you worship at his alter.

You say you resent being called a troll, yet in the run up to military strikes in Syria you were happy to invent phrases and positions that other posters had not expressed, and then argued against them. Most damning of all, just 4 posts previously, you wrote this:

As amusing as your flippant response might be to you, I'm not sure the victims of horrific gang-rape, long term beatings and burnings would find your feigned ignorance as humorous. And you have the gall to bring up taste and decency about a factual account of a massacre, presented without editing for reasons of verity?

Thanks for the lecture Guan. As for my "flippant response", I genuinely don't know what is meant by Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford etc. That is why I asked for clarification, I still don't know what they mean. As for my gall to bring up taste and decency, I am sure the relatives and loved ones of the slain in that Paris Club would be delighted to know that you posted a picture of their bodies on a football forum before the poor sods were even buried. Way to go fella!

ps the bit about inventing phrases and positions didn't actually happen the way you would like to believe it happened. I tried to explain it to Hypo but it seemed to be too much for him as it does for you. Your flowery style leads me to believe that you know something of hyperbole? By the way, it was interesting that no one jumped on the bloke for saying that a Muslim woman had 15 kids but when I said that there are plenty on non Muslim women with 15 kids in Ashford I got ripped apart! ;)

Edited by sadoldgit
added ps

Trump is a knob, a fleeting star who wont get elected. The much more worrying thing is that over 100,000 people are prepared to ban someone from Britain because they didnt like an American saying something about banning people from entering America. Whoosh doesnt seem adequate. Goodbye freedom of speech and freedom of movement in one easy kneejerk.

not sure who the rabid pack are but it would be really intersting having a venn diagram or similar of who gets on with who or who consistently argues with who Allowing we are all mostly grumpy bastrds

From what i can see Shurlock argues with most but frequently speaks sense.

Sour Mash has a massive anti immigration agenda.

Hypo is often reasonable but hard hearted and will alwys go for SOG who 'ignores' him

SOG is a nice guy just naive and possibly bored. Doesn't irritate me as much as others

Verbal is very knowledgeable and doesn't have anyone who doesn't like him

CB Fry is always sensible and will never let anything go but makes me laugh. Hates Shurlock?

Turkish is very smart and amusing although pretty infrequent contributer. Hard hearted as well

Hi Whelk, for naïve I would prefer humanitarian. As for possibly bored. Nail on head. I really need to find a new job! ;)

Trump is a knob, a fleeting star who wont get elected. The much more worrying thing is that over 100,000 people are prepared to ban someone from Britain because they didnt like an American saying something about banning people from entering America. Whoosh doesnt seem adequate. Goodbye freedom of speech and freedom of movement in one easy kneejerk.

Totally agree with you. Good post for once Tim.

Well the fact that you continue to try to debate in this topic despite blocking those you disagree with and despite being embarrassed frequently suggests you are very troll like.

Lets get a few things straight. I am perfectly entitled to carry on the debate on this thread. I haven't blocked those who disagree with me, just the few that tend to gang up and attack people they decide they have something against. Even when on ignore you can still read posts if you wish and occasionally I read some of your posts. I don't agree that I have been embarrassed. Your efforts fell well short I am afraid but its nice to see that Guan has at least taken your side, bless him. Now you are trying to infer that I am a troll too LOL. Nice. By the way, have you forgotten so quickly all of those posts where you called me a liar and then said that you hadn't (It is true Guan, go and look them up, poor Hypo embarrassed himself). I see that other people have sussed you out too. What happened Hypo? You were quite a reasonable poster on Sotonians. Perhaps you should go back there and stop being so silly.

What survey "again"? The survey I quoted is from a report called "the global divide on homosexuality" by the PEW research centre and is a report based on a survey taken in multiple countries asking Muslims about their views about homosexuality. I've never used it or referenced it ever before on any thread on any topic. So, as usual, more lies from SOG.

And as we are talking about embarrassment, I am still waiting for an explanation for your statement that people are "not that bothered" about the Ku Klux Klan. Any chance you are ever going to attempt to explain that pearler?

And, lets be clear, the attitude towards homosexuality in, say, Pakistan, is not "extremism", it's normal. If you are saying you abhor that, then great, but it kinda goes against your previous statement that "We all need to accept the diversity and differences in our societies and become more accepting of things we do not understand."

SOG - always prepared to get apesh it outraged at percieved homophobia on Saints Web. Blanket homophobia, in somewhere like Pakistan, not so much.

No it wasn't that survey. It was the one that was spun one way and when I span it the other way you went all "CB Fry " on it. Oh and I don't agree with homophobia be it on Saintweb or in Pakistan. Ok?

Edited by sadoldgit

Lets get a few things straight. I am perfectly entitled to carry on the debate on this thread. I haven't blocked those who disagree with me, just the few that tend to gang up and attack people they decide they have something against. Even when on ignore you can still read posts if you wish and occasionally I read some of your posts. I don't agree that I have been embarrassed. Your efforts fell well short I am afraid but its nice to see that Guan has at least taken your side, bless him. Now you are trying to infer that I am a troll too LOL. Nice. By the way, have you forgotten so quickly all of those posts where you called me a liar and then said that you hadn't (It is true Guan, go and look them up, poor Hypo embarrassed himself). I see that other people have sussed you out too. What happened Hypo? You were quite a reasonable poster on Sotonians. Perhaps you should go back there and stop being so silly.

Is that a new function then? I'm pretty sure you have to click on the post in order to read it. If you have someone on ignore then why bring it up so much? It's very attention seeking and troll-like. Seems a bit pointless to stick me on ignore if you read all my posts anyway but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Also :lol: you are a liar and I have called you it many times because that is exactly what you are. I denied calling you a liar in one post because I hadn't called you a liar when you said I had (but I had many times previously because you have made things up routinely on this thread alone.) it's hilarious how many people have called you out and you have simply ignored them or brushed it off and then you say people have sussed ME out? Have a look in the mirror love.

Go and squinny on your other forum or pretend you have blocked me again. I love that.

Tyson Fury is being investigated for 'hate crimes'...

much like the Idiot, Trump, had either of them been a Muslim 'hate' preacher, probably brought over or invited to speak by a student union. I doubt anything would be happening

Edited by Batman

Is that a new function then? I'm pretty sure you have to click on the post in order to read it. If you have someone on ignore then why bring it up so much? It's very attention seeking and troll-like. Seems a bit pointless to stick me on ignore if you read all my posts anyway but whatever floats your boat I suppose. Also :lol: you are a liar and I have called you it many times because that is exactly what you are. I denied calling you a liar in one post because I hadn't called you a liar when you said I had (but I had many times previously because you have made things up routinely on this thread alone.) it's hilarious how many people have called you out and you have simply ignored them or brushed it off and then you say people have sussed ME out? Have a look in the mirror love.

Go and squinny on your other forum or pretend you have blocked me again. I love that.

I doubt if it is a new function but as you probably know if you have some on ignore the post still comes up and it gives you an option to read it. Simples. Why bring it up so much? How many times exactly? I don't think I have brought up that much but I know I can rely on to tell me exactly how many times. I don't read all of your posts just some. As for the liar name calling, you really do need to grow up. I am not a liar and no matter how hard you and your cabal try and make out otherwise it doesn't make it so. By the way, as we are in schoolground mode you had called me a liar when I said you had I I showed the post to prove it. Made things up routinely? Really? The only people who have called me on it are your buddies which says it all. Yes, people have sussed you out. Now this is the bit I really love. After brown nosing your buddy Fry earlier you then use one of his words. Awesome!

By the way, did you ever say why you stopped posting on Sotonians? (Squinny LOL)

Quite right. Anyone who "signed" that is, simply, an idiot.

No it wasn't that survey. It was the one that was spun one way and when I span it the other way you went all "CB Fry " on it. Oh and I don't agree with homophobia be it on Saintweb or in Pakistan. Ok?

Any news on who the people are that aren't overly bothered by the Ku Klux Klan?

Any "proof"/"evidence" whenever you're ready.

I doubt if it is a new function but as you probably know if you have some on ignore the post still comes up and it gives you an option to read it. Simples.

Rather defeats the point of ignoring someone. If you're looking at a load of my posts then you aren't ignoring me! Seems a bit pointless to stick me on ignore and then publicise that fact. A lot of attention seeking behaviour.

Why bring it up so much? How many times exactly? I don't think I have brought up that much but I know I can rely on to tell me exactly how many times.

About five times now.

I don't read all of your posts just some. As for the liar name calling, you really do need to grow up. I am not a liar and no matter how hard you and your cabal try and make out otherwise it doesn't make it so.

Plenty of people have called you out as a liar. You still refused to answer my previous posts where I asked you very simple questions. I can go back and keep asking them if you like but little point as you just gloss over it despite not answering it. You're a liar and I'm not the only person to point that out.

By the way, as we are in schoolground mode you had called me a liar when I said you had I I showed the post to prove it.

Nope. As usual you misunderstood my post. I said I didn't call you a liar in my previous post (which I didn't.) You can go back and check if you like. I never denied not calling you a liar ever, what reason would I have to say I didn't? I clearly did and I still am now.

Made things up routinely? Really? The only people who have called me on it are your buddies which says it all.

Eh? All the people who have called you a liar and disagreed with your odd arguments are my buddies? Don't think so pal. They are simply people who agree with me. If you want to pretend they are my buddies and we are somehow forming some sort of conspiracy against you then that's up to you though. It's not true though.

Yes, people have sussed you out. Now this is the bit I really love. After brown nosing your buddy Fry earlier you then use one of his words. Awesome!

Any objective person can see a lot of boring and long posts from both me and you. Not sure what you mean by suss me out. I've made the same arguments consistently and you have lied and made up things people have said. Again, I can go and get the post from earlier if you prefer?

By the way, did you ever say why you stopped posting on Sotonians? (Squinny LOL)

Which poster used stats to show that all Muslims are a threat?

Edited by hypochondriac

Any news on who the people are that aren't overly bothered by the Ku Klux Klan?

Any "proof"/"evidence" whenever you're ready.

I'd actually have some respect for soggy if he simply admitted that a few of his comments were a bit rash. He rushed in with both feet and made some unsubstantiated claims which he has thus far failed to find any evidence for. What he will do though is claim he has already answered it (but provide no evidence of this) or ignore the questions entirely. It's very weaselly and is why he has been mocked by quite a few now (my "buddies" apparently :lol: )

I'd actually have some respect for soggy if he simply admitted that a few of his comments were a bit rash. He rushed in with both feet and made some unsubstantiated claims which he has thus far failed to find any evidence for. What he will do though is claim he has already answered it (but provide no evidence of this) or ignore the questions entirely. It's very weaselly and is why he has been mocked by quite a few now (my "buddies" apparently [emoji38] )

Quite right buddy. Or me. Or something.

Thanks for the lecture Guan. As for my "flippant response", I genuinely don't know what is meant by Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxford etc.

Of course you don't. You have a viewpoint on all current affairs, and a job that leaves you bored, but when it come to areas of the country where extremely high rates of child abuse have taken place, garnering widespread and high profile coverage, and debated in parliament and police reform inquests, but the issue must have just passed you by. Perhaps you were looking the other way that week. Oh, and you haven't googled anything about it scince it's been mentioned. It's almost ludicrous enough to make me refuse to answer the rest of your fanciful little diatribe, but it does seem like that's what you wish for, so here goes.

That is why I asked for clarification, I still don't know what they mean.

Of course my friend, of course. I'm also willing to believe that Hillsborough means only the home of Sheffield Wednesday to you, and Trojan Horse is only associated with Troy in your mind. But hell, i'll bite and cut and paste the exact order of words you typed into your response, but somehow neglected to google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rotherham%2C+Rochdale%2C+Oxford+ only the 900,000 results for 5 seconds of effort, so it was obviously just a small local news thing, eh?

As for my gall to bring up taste and decency, I am sure the relatives and loved ones of the slain in that Paris Club would be delighted to know that you posted a picture of their bodies on a football forum before the poor sods were even buried. Way to go fella!

Fella? Why not end it with 'Pal' and use the full on lexicon of The Sun? As I posted earlier, the display of images that show the aftermath of unjustified slaughter and mayhem are regrettably the only way to convey the full savagery of the perpetrators, and the right to show them has been fought for by those who would not see the Truth censored. The Falling Man (September 11th Attacks), The Falling Soldier (Spanish Civil War) and Phan Thi Kim Phuc (Vietnam war) (the young girl famously running burnt and naked from a napalm air strike attack on her village) are just three such examples. The press fought for and won the right to broadcast the utter inhumanity shown to the victims of the Rwandan Genocide. The holocaust was denied until the unfiltered images came out of the concentration camps. The Bataclan photo is just as necessary, no matter how difficult it is to look at. Top marks for shifting the onus to those who inform others of atrocities, from those who carry them out.

The uncensored truth matters, especially during a open and frank discussion on the aftermath of the Paris massacre, whether that's on a subforum or elsewhere. But I know you don't actually care about any of that, and were just trying to get in a cheap dig because someone called you on trivialising targeted child abuse by pretenting you had never heard of it in named areas of the country, or subsequently taken 5 seconds to google the areas mentioned to you.

ps the bit about inventing phrases and positions didn't actually happen the way you would like to believe it happened. I tried to explain it to Hypo but it seemed to be too much for him as it does for you.

You made untrue allegations about other poster's remarks, and when I and others reposted or pointed to the post numbers and it was shown they did not say anything of the sort, you ignored it and carried on regardless. This thread has all the posts still if you want to go back and look. But I realise if more than one person points this out they are a bully.

Your flowery style leads me to believe that you know something of hyperbole? [/quoteIf you mean words such as verity, that's not flowery language, but only of used in conjunction with images, short documentaries and takes it's cue from Cinéma vérité , where the moving image portrays reality without a leading voice. I'm not completely sure how that engenders hyperbole, but at least we now know that words with relations to the subject at hand are 'flowery' and terms and locations that are easily searched for are beyond your comprehension or ability to investigate.

By the way, it was interesting that no one jumped on the bloke for saying that a Muslim woman had 15 kids but when I said that there are plenty on non Muslim women with 15 kids in Ashford I got ripped apart! ;)
There is more than one family with fifteen children, in the world that is. What does this have to do with anything?

Ok Guan pull up a chair...

I have a viewpoint on some current affairs, not all. I don't work at the moment so I am not bored with my job. There was talk about Harriet Harman and Muslim women and then a number of towns were mentioned. I asked for clarification because I didn't get the link. If you chose not to believe me that is your prerogative. Yes, perhaps I was looking the other way that week. No I didn't Google the place names, do you know what you get if you Google Oxford? I just got the weather. By the way it is "since" and not "scince" but given my spelling is carp too we shall let that slide. I know that Hillsborough is the home of Sheffield Wednesday. I know that people died there watching a football match. I am sorry but I don't know what it has to do with Harriet Harman?

Yes somehow I neglected to google http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Rotherham%2C+Rochdale%2C+Oxford+ silly me eh? Being a chat forum I just though someone would give me the heads up if I asked.

You don't like "fella" and prefer "pal." Sorry. Perhaps Fitzhugh Fella needs to change his name to Fitzhugh Pal? ;)

I wont use either again if it helps?

I find you attempt to justify posting those pictures strange. Sorry, I didn't realise that all of those famous photos had first been posted on an internet football forum. If posting the Bataclan pictures shortly after the event was so necessary why were they not posted via mainstream media? It has nothing at all to do with censorship. It has to do with common decency. How do you think that loved ones and relatives of the deceased would feel if they knew these picture had been posted on a football forum? Do you think they would be okay with that? I cant say for sure, but my gut feeling tells me no.

Tell me what these untrue allegations were again? I do remember explaining to you at the time but I really cant be bothered to go ploughing back through this stuff so a little heads up would be nice and then hopefully we can put this to bed (we don't want you becoming obsessed like Hypo do we?).

The bit about flowery language has completely lost me I'm afraid. Yes you are right, I just don't understand.

Yes there are lots of large families, and not all of then are Muslim families. That was my point.

Ok for now?

I'd actually have some respect for soggy if he simply admitted that a few of his comments were a bit rash. He rushed in with both feet and made some unsubstantiated claims which he has thus far failed to find any evidence for. What he will do though is claim he has already answered it (but provide no evidence of this) or ignore the questions entirely. It's very weaselly and is why he has been mocked by quite a few now (my "buddies" apparently :lol: )

And as if by magic! How incredibly predictable. And then he has the nerve to ask guan (again!) the posts where he made things up?

Which poster used stats to show that all Muslims are a threat soggy?