Has Koeman lost it?

Mr X

Bottom four budget = that came from koeman, pal.

You have so someone in the club talking about having a bottom four budget; and another talking up finishing top four as a realistic aspiration, that's a picture of perfect consistency :lol:

Then again, some people don't know whether the s**t comes out of their mouth or out of their àršè.

Thanks Shurlock. Indeed Koeman is on video stating that, and no body from the club has said different after his comment.

It does not mean he expects to finish bottom four, just that we have to be clever with how we spend, and mostly so far we have, but in my view (NOTE for the drama queens - in my view only) this cannot go on forever. RK has clearly stated many times that he will stay at Saints if we are still progressing and there is still a challenge to meet, so if he now believes otherwise - why is it so incredulous to assume he will walk?

No where have I criticised the club or board - just that an honest and open ambition / intent is passed on to the fans - isn't that the message we are constantly fed by the whole club after all?

I guess my request for a polite discussion was in utter vain - c'est la vie! Didn't realise this forum was the only for the elite few only!

I still cant believe that Clasie has been written off so soon???

Explain to us exactly why he isn't selected game after game then.. Perhaps he has another mystery injury or something.

Supposedly a top notch international (well not really only 12 caps so far) and yet he's not a regular starter. It's not the fans who've written him off unjustly, it's the manager who just doesn't seem keen to play him.

If you consider reason it's because he isn't fit enough or strong enough for the rigours of English football. We're almost half way through the season, knocked out of Europe, knocked out of the League Cup and 12th in the league and the lad has played what 7 or 8 times out of 22 games, there has to be a reason for that really and don't bleat about pre-season.,

Clasie will be ok when he has full fitness, reckon his second season will be better than his first, as with a lot of people from abroad. As for Morgan, can't get in a poor ManU team, but he's a millionaire, so he'll be happy. As for the OP question, Koeman hasn't lost it but the Board has and that must make him dispirited and affect the teaam

Clasie will be ok when he has full fitness, reckon his second season will be better than his first, as with a lot of people from abroad. As for Morgan, can't get in a poor ManU team, but he's a millionaire, so he'll be happy. As for the OP question, Koeman hasn't lost it but the Board has and that must make him dispirited and affect the teaam

Interesting comment during the Bournemouth game last Saturday to the effect that players often have injuries when changing clubs due to the different fitness regimes.

Just watching the Leicester game and the thought struck me with the similarities of Vardy and Mane that if Vardy was at Saints would Koeman play him wide. Maybe we are losing out playing a big immobile lump up front on his own. I'd like to see Mane up front in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

I still cant believe that Clasie has been written off so soon???

Personally I think he's still learning a new role previously he was the captain and main man running his midfield , id like to see him play a couple of games without Wanyama or Romeu playing!

Just watching the Leicester game and the thought struck me with the similarities of Vardy and Mane that if Vardy was at Saints would Koeman play him wide. Maybe we are losing out playing a big immobile lump up front on his own. I'd like to see Mane up front in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

Perhaps he could play as part of 2 up front like Leicester did with ulloa as their imobile lump

Perhaps he could play as part of 2 up front like Leicester did with ulloa as their imobile lump

Koeman seems set in his ways, two up front equates to five defenders and three holding midfielders. Leicester play 4-4-2 and as soon as the ball is played forward the break is on for half the team. We play like Chelsea did last night slow oh so slow in the build up. Back five is OK but the midfield is utterly negative.

Koeman seems set in his ways, two up front equates to five defenders and three holding midfielders. Leicester play 4-4-2 and as soon as the ball is played forward the break is on for half the team. We play like Chelsea did last night slow oh so slow in the build up. Back five is OK but the midfield is utterly negative.

Most European managers who play 2 up front will play 3 at the back as that means having 5 in midfield as they're obsessed about being outnumbered in midfield. I'm really surprised Leicester play 4 , especially with an Italian manager.

I would make this point about Leicester . Vardy is on fire , unbelievable run. Had Mane been as hot , where would we be. Newcastle first day he missed a couple at the end, utd home we murdered them, villa missed a simple header . City away at 2-1 we were knocking on the door, we started well against Everton. We should never under estimate the impact a guy who scores in 11 out of 12 games . The confidence of the rest will grow and grow as the striker wins tight games for you ,and you get on a roll. Personally I think mane is as good as Vardy , but he's having a career defining spell. Not knocking Leicester as you cant discount vardy, they signed him & picked the formation. However , lets see what happens if he hits a sticky spell. If Mane scores 11 in the next 2 months , we'll be banging on the door of Europe . Kane last year , Vardy this, makes more difference than formations

Most European managers who play 2 up front will play 3 at the back as that means having 5 in midfield as they're obsessed about being outnumbered in midfield. I'm really surprised Leicester play 4 , especially with an Italian manager.

I would make this point about Leicester . Vardy is on fire , unbelievable run. Had Mane been as hot , where would we be. Newcastle first day he missed a couple at the end, utd home we murdered them, villa missed a simple header . City away at 2-1 we were knocking on the door, we started well against Everton. We should never under estimate the impact a guy who scores in 11 out of 12 games . The confidence of the rest will grow and grow as the striker wins tight games for you ,and you get on a roll. Personally I think mane is as good as Vardy , but he's having a career defining spell. Not knocking Leicester as you cant discount vardy, they signed him & picked the formation. However , lets see what happens if he hits a sticky spell. If Mane scores 11 in the next 2 months , we'll be banging on the door of Europe . Kane last year , Vardy this, makes more difference than formations

It's not only the formations, it's the willingness of Mahrez, Vardy, Albrighton and Ulloa to make runs and the Kante and the midfielders to pass to the runners and immediately get forward in support. Our midfielders pass it around or pass it forward and hold, nobody makes runs into the channels from midfield. We have become so predictable and easy to counter. A draw v Villa FFs says it all plus 23 shots and only 5 on target.

When did he say that?

Last week.

The last published numbers are from the Pochettino season, and we were 16th, which is not actually the bottom four anyway, if we want to get all MLG about it.

Let's see if we are still 16th when the next tables are published in April 2016 for Koemans first season.

Last week.

The last published numbers are from the Pochettino season, and we were 16th, which is not actually the bottom four anyway, if we want to get all MLG about it.

Let's see if we are still 16th when the next tables are published in April 2016 for Koemans first season.

The Queen Bee of the Saints forum has spoken, I suggest we all bow down to her greater knowledge

• 4 months later...
Not saying he can't change things around but he's been poor on a number of levels recently, baffingling tactics poor subs, poor motivation of players.

It feels like he has run out of ideas & lost interest, def wont be staying past his contract, I think we need a change after this season.

I'd say no.....

What's the point in dragging all these threads back up? Are you suggestion everyone should withhold thoughts and opinions until each season has finished? What a boring forum that would be

Not boring now?

Not really. But then I don't spend all day on here.

What's the point in dragging all these threads back up? Are you suggesting everyone should withhold thoughts and opinions until each season has finished? What a boring forum that would be.

Nope not at all. We all write some right crap on here at times (and I include myself in that) it's quite good to go back over some of the more over the top threads at the end of the season and see who was right/wrong/ brilliant/moronic and so forth IMO.

Koeman's doing a great job. Not surprised we want to extend/re-write his contract, but I expect him to honour the final season then move on to Arsenal, when Wenger has indicated he will step aside.

Don't about you, but I am happy to have Koeman manage us next season, and we look for a new manager when he goes. I don't want him turfed out now because he wants to leave in 12 months time.

Koeman's doing a great job. Not surprised we want to extend/re-write his contract, but I expect him to honour the final season then move on to Arsenal, when Wenger has indicated he will step aside.

Don't about you, but I am happy to have Koeman manage us next season, and we look for a new manager when he goes. I don't want him turfed out now because he wants to leave in 12 months time.

That's an interesting point a few posters are suggesting we make the likes of Vic and Mane see out their contracts and let them go on frees. So why would we not do the same with the manger (more so seeing as mangers don't command fees)?