Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

What are the dates for the three matchdays?

15/09/16: Group stage, matchday one

29/09/16: Group stage, matchday two

20/10/16: Group stage, matchday three

03/11/16: Group stage, matchday four

24/11/16: Group stage, matchday five

08/12/16: Group stage, matchday six

Less than a taxi from Malpensa to the city...

http://www.airportmalpensa.com/airport-train.php

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187849-s301/Milan:Italy:Arriving.And.Departing.html

From Malpensa airport to Milan:

- by train: The Malpensa Express train runs two separate services: one goes from the airport to Milan's Cadorna station (departing from the airport train station, located next to the Terminal 1 (T1), every 30 minutes, transit time 37 minutes), and another runs to Milan's Garibaldi and Centrale train stations (departures every 30 minutes, transit time 41 minutes to Garibaldi and 52 minutes to Centrale).

For both services, the cost is €12 one-way (€18 round-trip, valid 30 days if purchased on line, otherwise valid the same day only), half price for children under 14. Tickets can be bought on-line (Malpensa Express homepage) or at self-service machines or from the ticket window. See complete schedule here.

Edited by SO16_Saint

Yeah obviously wouldn't be advising to get taxis (I live in Milan 6 months a year), was just an observation about how cheap it is. You can also get a bus from Malpensa to the center for €10. From experience Linate is a much better option though.

True, went to Milan for work a while back and the company paid for a taxi there/back and it cost a pretty penny!!

True, went to Milan for work a while back and the company paid for a taxi there/back and it cost a pretty penny!!

The airport rates are mental for taxis, €95 MXP-Milan (anywhere in the city, flat rate). It's a 45 min drive.

Getting around the city from the taxi points isn't that bad though, and is the best option late at night after the Metro closes.

Think they do a separate draw later in the day...kind of stupid really and shows yet again how little consideration they give for the travelling fans, as this is the most important information.

My assumption is that they pull 4 balls for group position and then all sit around a table discussing tv kick off times.

Us being opposite Man U is not good for our chances of getting 8pm home games, though we will get 3x 6pm and 3x 8pm there's no guarantee they'll be home games.

My assumption is that they pull 4 balls for group position and then all sit around a table discussing tv kick off times.

Us being opposite Man U is not good for our chances of getting 8pm home games, though we will get 3x 6pm and 3x 8pm there's no guarantee they'll be home games.

Although the time zone in Africa is min +1, so 8pm our time is getting towards bedtime come the 90th minute when they squeak a late goal :-)

Why am I am *****? I'm not going to have some self-validating argument on an internet forum, and I appreciate that this is not the place to discuss such issues, but read Chomsky, read Pappe, research the Nakba, the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, the role of AIPAC plays in american foreign policy the list is endless. Educate yourself. Israel is a terror state based on the threat to displace/erase an indigenous population.

Why am I am *****? I'm not going to have some self-validating argument on an internet forum, and I appreciate that this is not the place to discuss such issues, but read Chomsky, read Pappe, research the Nakba, the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, the role of AIPAC plays in american foreign policy the list is endless. Educate yourself. Israel is a terror state based on the threat to displace/erase an indigenous population.

Probably best not to tell them that when you arrive at their immigration counter.

Appalling comments that should never appear on a forum such as this. Moderators please remove.

The match against Inter just got a little bit trickier...

INTER'S DOUBLE SIGNING

Inter Milan are set to sign Gabriel Barbosa from Santos and Joao Mario from Sporting.

Mario starred for Portugal at Euro 2016, while Barbosa featured for Brazil as they won Olympic gold earlier this month.

Utd's fixtures:

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd

Our @EuropaLeague fixtures:

15 Sep - Feyenoord (A), 18:00 BST

29 Sep - Zorya (H), 20:05 BST

20 Oct - Fenerbahce (H), 20:05 BST

3 Nov - Fenerbahce (A), 18:00 GMT

24 Nov - Feyenoord (H), 20:05 GMT

8 Dec - Zorya (A), 18:00 GMT

Utd's fixtures:

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd

Our @EuropaLeague fixtures:

15 Sep - Feyenoord (A), 18:00 BST

29 Sep - Zorya (H), 20:05 BST

20 Oct - Fenerbahce (H), 20:05 BST

3 Nov - Fenerbahce (A), 18:00 GMT

24 Nov - Feyenoord (H), 20:05 GMT

8 Dec - Zorya (A), 18:00 GMT

So I take it all our home games will be 6pm kick offs because of tv

hmm i had ryan air tickets that nearly tripled (talking about milan btw)

Worth pointing out that the prices on the site quoted might have changed since skyscanner checked - so you could click on something that says £30 but in the previous 24 hours the website you are linked to has put prices up, but it just hasn't been altered on skyscanner.

I trust anyone suggesting Palestinian flags will be travelling over there with them? Rather that than just waving them at the home game while the ones travelling over there take any backlash?

A couple of fans forums to get a feel from the opponents

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13577-UEFA-Europa-League-2016-2017/page5

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e-sparta.cz%2Fmistnost-diskuse-o-ac-sparta-praha-fotbal (may have to right click 'translate')