Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Hull, Aston Villa, Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham, Newcastle have all recently been in Europe. No guarantee of future success.

Good god you are miserable - simply existing in the premier league is not enough for the majority of us. Away trips around Europe are brilliant and getting he chance to win something is even better!

If we, and i think we will, get through to the knock out phase i'm expecting a massive U-Turn from everyone on here who is moaning about the EL.

Hull, Aston Villa, Wigan, Birmingham, Fulham, Newcastle have all recently been in Europe. No guarantee of future success.

Honestly couldn't give a ****. I bet supporters of those clubs have got some amazing memories/ stories around travelling to the ars£ end of Europe with their mates supporting the club they love. This is what being a football fan is all about, a (long) shot at glory and a chance to visit cities/ stadiums/ pubs/ Hospitals/ Police stations you'd never imagine existed all in the name of your City/ Football Club. It could be 20/ 30 years before it happens again (we more than most clubs should know that) so I fully intend to make the most of it.

The Premier League and all the Sky led hyperbole around it can do one for a season, footballs about the glory and the memories, I want us to go for both this season.

Up the Saints!

What is future success exactly and what is the thing that does guarantee future success? Just so we're clear.

Honestly couldn't give a ****. I bet supporters of those clubs have got some amazing memories/ stories around travelling to the ars£ end of Europe with their mates supporting the club they love. This is what being a football fan is all about, a (long) shot at glory and a chance to visit cities/ stadiums/ pubs/ Hospitals/ Police stations you'd never imagine existed all in the name of your City/ Football Club. It could be 20/ 30 years before it happens again (we more than most clubs should know that) so I fully intend to make the most of it.

The Premier League and all the Sky led hyperbole around it can do one for a season, footballs about the glory and the memories, I want us to go for both this season.

Up the Saints!

Exactly.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Can't ****ing wait for this draw and can't wait to see my team play away in Europe. **** all those who moan about the Europa league. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. COYS!!!

Agree 100%! These things don't come around very often so lets make the most of it!

Agree also! I've taken today off work to be able to watch it and then spend the afternoon booking flights and hotels!

To all those negative posters, enjoy watching it on tv on a cold and rainy night in England. I'll be having a blast watching the team I love playing around Europe!

Agree also! I've taken today off work to be able to watch it and then spend the afternoon booking flights and hotels!

To all those negative posters, enjoy watching it on tv on a cold and rainy night in England. I'll be having a blast watching the team I love playing around Europe!

Couldn't agree more with you mate. If I was in the position money wise I would be the same. Fingers crossed for a fairly local one I might get too.

I'm going to enjoy overthinking it.

Assuming based on last year that if Pot 1's Man U are in group A-F we'll be somewhere from G-L. From that we can work out that the other Pot 1 and 2 teams in Man U's half of the draw won't be playing us either.