Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

I really don't understand why we are trying to force Pelle out. he has been excellent for us and is a proven commodity. We complain enough when players look to leave yet think it would be good business to force Pelle out. You can't have it both ways.

I will be very sorry to see Pelle leave if indeed that happens. If he truly wants to stay why not offer him a 1 or 2 year contract extension? For sure, it is unlikely we would be unable to find a similar quality striker for the 8 million we paid.

On his day he is unplayable

I wish the idiots at the club would take note of this post which is completely spot on.

Totally and wholeheartedly agree. He has always shown great passion and commitment to the club. We are always looking for heroes and club stalwarts yet people want Pelle moved on and moan about Davis and Warde Prowse.[/quote

Except when he flounces out of training in a huff after being told off for not trying

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/serie-a/esclusiva-tmw-criscitiello-pelle-vicino-l-accordo-con-lo-shandong-851395

He is getting closer to land in China for Graziano Pellè. As learned from Michele Criscitiello The center of Southampton is in fact close to an agreement with the Chinese club Shandong has prepared for him an offer mind-boggling. Looms a deal worth around 40 million between club and player, which could give the court a number of European clubs to accept the proposal of the Chinese team.

Darren Lewis of the Mirror saying £13m for Pellè.

The tweet Ivan is referring too:

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren

Southampton and Italy striker Graziano Pelle is closing in on a £13million move to China. Player wants the move. More @MirrorFootball

A China move would be miles better for us than losing him to another PL side.

£13m a decent fee but slight concern at losing his and Mane's goals in one summer. Vital to keep Tadic now.

Caveat: The Mirror usually just recycle foreign reports.

Edited by Slugger

I like pelle and everything and he has done great service for the team and scored some good goals but letting him go isn't about not appreciating him its us getting back to how we want to play.

Can you imagine him being part of a high pressing, hard working team that breaks quickly ? I can't but I can imagine Shane doing that as that is what he does already.

He was brought in to be the hold up man for runners and he has done that job but he has got less mobile each season.

Time to say thanks and I hope your hair stays intact in the chinese humidity.

I really don't understand why we are trying to force Pelle out. he has been excellent for us and is a proven commodity. We complain enough when players look to leave yet think it would be good business to force Pelle out. You can't have it both ways.

I will be very sorry to see Pelle leave if indeed that happens. If he truly wants to stay why not offer him a 1 or 2 year contract extension? For sure, it is unlikely we would be unable to find a similar quality striker for the 8 million we paid.

On his day he is unplayable

:thumbup:

I like pelle and everything and he has done great service for the team and scored some good goals but letting him go isn't about not appreciating him its us getting back to how we want to play.

I know what you are saying Convict, but when you include Rickie as well, we've had a big target man as part of our DNA for years.

If he does go to China, can you imagine what they have offered him? (Chelsea & Everton wouldn't be paying him peanuts)

Looks like Bas Dost will be the replacement at around £7-8M. Which is pretty good business, a like for like player - realistically not as good as Pelle, but he's just turned 27.

Forwards - Austin, Dost, Long - pretty good variety in that.

Looks like Bas Dost will be the replacement at around £7-8M. Which is pretty good business, a like for like player - realistically not as good as Pelle, but he's just turned 27.

J-Rod

Needs an elusive Mane type player to be added otherwise looks a little short of quality if not effort.

I think we have got splendid value for money out of Pelle however it is time to part ways. He has a dodgy knee and has the mobility of an out of service tank. It was clear when he played we invited opposition on to us and dropped off far too deep. Seems like CP likes to play a counter attacking style so we need quick players to do that.

The tweet Ivan is referring too:

Darren Lewis ‏@MirrorDarren

Southampton and Italy striker Graziano Pelle is closing in on a £13million move to China. Player wants the move. More @MirrorFootball

Can't say I see the club standing in his way to be honest. I'm ok with it only caveat being we have to replace with better.

I think pre season will show whether we need to replace. Failing that Sam G has to step up and grab his chance.

Gallagher would have to have improved immeasurably in the last 2 months to be a PL quality player IMO.

£5m profit on a soon-to-be 31-year-old Pellè with a dodgy knee and patchy goalscoring form (although a good overall return).

I can't see how we should turn that down. Take the money and run but slightly concerned they don't think we need to buy a replacement.

This. I thought we'd see a few more coming in. Replacing Sadio not exactly the easiest thing to do.

Whilst not involved, squad would be stronger if Juanmi / Gaston were replaced with 1 player. Need a keeper too.

I can see it from the perspective of Austin/Rodriguez though.

Going into this preseason you've got to assume they're behind Graziano and Shane, for the one central striker's position.

Graziano goes, but if you buy in another one then those two are knocked down to 3rd and 4th and are left wondering if their future belongs here. Personally, if I was them and I saw another striker brought into the club this summer to start games then I'd start to question whether I should be instructing my agent to find me a new club.

Hopefully, and I'm crossing everything, both of them will swerve major injuries or consistent niggles and if they do, I think it'll work out well for us.

Slightly concerning if they both get laid up and we're reliant on just Shane and Sam G though.

If the Echo are spot on with this, I have to say, I'm starting to feel concerned for the first time this window.

Not that we are letting Pelle go, but opting not to replace him is a very odd move? JRod has showed no glimpses that he is anywhere near the player he was, Austin has not been able to stay fit, and Gallagher isn't anywhere near good enough (if he was a signing rather than academy people would be slating him).

Equally, I hardly see right back as a priority - it was fine the season just gone and both Cedric and Cuco should be better this year.

Redmond is a great replacement for Juanmi, but for me we will now need a new striker, new winger, new powerful holding midfielder and probably a top AM as well, just to be back at the level we were last season, let alone improve as we have previously.

Not sure where this apparent tightening of the belt chat is coming from but when there is more money than ever in the Prem, this would seem an odd and potentially foolish move.

Caveat - we've been before, we like to do things quietly, let's judge in a few weeks time.

Doesn't stop me starting to worry though

I can see it from the perspective of Austin/Rodriguez though.

Going into this preseason you've got to assume they're behind Graziano and Shane, for the one central striker's position.

Graziano goes, but if you buy in another one then those two are knocked down to 3rd and 4th and are left wondering if their future belongs here. Personally, if I was them and I saw another striker brought into the club this summer to start games then I'd start to question whether I should be instructing my agent to find me a new club.

Hopefully, and I'm crossing everything, both of them will swerve major injuries or consistent niggles and if they do, I think it'll work out well for us.

Slightly concerning if they both get laid up and we're reliant on just Shane and Sam G though.

With European games and Jay Rod's ability to play wide there would be plenty of chances even with another striker.

Especially with a new Manager with no historical tie to any of them.

We are a 6th place PL team, in Europe, if theyare available and show they are good enough then they would play with Pelle here or not.

If we all think replacements are needed, do you not think the club and the professionals who work there know it or at least know what they are doing? Or is it just us amateurs who can see things?

How very dare you!!! To suggest such a thing is downright rude!!! If only others got it..............

With European games and Jay Rod's ability to play wide there would be plenty of chances even with another striker.

Especially with a new Manager with no historical tie to any of them.

We are a 6th place PL team, in Europe, if theyare available and show they are good enough then they would play with Pelle here or not.

Hmm, I'd agree but there were several times in the past couple of seasons where Koeman just picked Pellè out of blind loyalty when he was awful.

Let's not forget it was only when Pellè got injured that he actually gave Long a run of games and ended up having to stick with him.

So the club are going to gamble on Jrod and Austin staying fit Long having another season of his life and 2 kids (1 currently injured)? I'm not liking the sounds coming from the club these last few days!