Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

Liverpool Echo are speculating that Everton are interested in Pelle but baulking at the £20m price tag Saints have put on him

Baulking at 20m? Surely not what an ambitious club like Everton should be doing.;)

Liverpool Echo are speculating that Everton are interested in Pelle but baulking at the £20m price tag Saints have put on him

20 million for a 31 year old with a year on his contract? They let Victor go for 12 million but the club want 20 million for Pelle? Either that's a special Everton price or the club know there are other interested parties who will cough up closer to that price would be kind of amusing if we sold Pelle for more than we sold Victor

Mixed feelings, would like to see him another year in Southampton but when some idiot wants to pay 15m or more... that's a lot of cash for him and Feyenoord gets 10% and they can really use the money. Hmm, it is said Pelle wants to leave and looking at his age maybe it's better to let him go.

I hate these summers when we seem to sell everybody but if we get 50m for Mane and Pelle and invest in some strikers who can score goals in the Winter as well as the Spring and Autumn then we will have a better season than the last 5

If we can get £16 million and upwards for him then very happy to sell him, though would prefer to see him go outside of the league.

I'd go £20 million to any premiership club, £12 million to anyone else.

Re-invest the money in Behrahino, or add another £10-12 and make a bid for Bony or Benteke.

I feel mixed about Pelle. On one hand he has been a really good player for us, and I the Euros has looked one of the best. One the other hand if we were to get between 10-15m as has been mentioned for a player his age I think it would be too good to turn down.

Assuming he does go then we clearly need another out and out striker and although I would be happy with Berahino or Benteke my preference actually is Andy Carroll. I can't see WHU selling him but he has the qualities we need, tall and powerful.

Long, JRod, Austin, Tadic, Redmond plus at least one real quality attacker is a formidable set of front players. Hopefully though we get two!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offered £150K/week at Shanghai Greenland [Daily Star]

If I were him, I would take it. Shanghai is a vibrant city, and the wage will set him up for life. Remember, this £150k a week is tax free, so would be the equivalent of say £250k a week pre tax.

If I were him, I would take it. Shanghai is a vibrant city, and the wage will set him up for life. Remember, this £150k a week is tax free, so would be the equivalent of say £250k a week pre tax.
It depends whether he's been told he will go to the world cup if he stays in a competitive league, he'll only be 32 and he's never been before. As a footballer that is the pinnacle, or should be. If he gets the chance to go to Chelsea on £60-£70k a week I think he'll take that instead.

Or maybe he'll stay at saints!

Bizarre. Yesterday you made a couple of slightly pompous posts about how awful the money in the game was and now you think someone on £2.5m pa wont be set for life and people should leave for more money.

Bizarre. Yesterday you made a couple of slightly pompous posts about how awful the money in the game was and now you think someone on £2.5m pa wont be set for life and people should leave for more money.

Pompous - why, or is that a throw away comment?

I was criticising those handing it out, not accepting it. If you read my post above carefully, it stats off "If I were him". I didn't actually pass judgement on Shanghai, but if you want it, £150k for him is ridiculous, as is them spending £46.3m on Hulk.

Pompous - why, or is that a throw away comment?

I was criticising those handing it out, not accepting it. If you read my post above carefully, it stats off "If I were him". I didn't actually pass judgement on Shanghai, but if you want it, £150k for him is ridiculous, as is them spending £46.3m on Hulk.

You posted this "some can prioritize life and see what is important and what is just a crock of ****". I'd say that was pompous.

Then you posted this "this is why I hate football. Money, money, money. Is there nothing more to football than how much money you can spend? What a truly **** "sport" it is if that is it" Tbf thats less pompous and more hypocritical

You posted this "some can prioritize life and see what is important and what is just a crock of ****". I'd say that was pompous.

When you have to worry (and I hope you don't find yourself in that position) who is going to look after your kid when you die, because he can't ever look after himself and frankly no one else will want to, it gives a different perspective on life and what is important. There, that is my greatest concern in life. Football isn't important (to me at least).

Then you posted this "this is why I hate football. Money, money, money. Is there nothing more to football than how much money you can spend? What a truly **** "sport" it is if that is it" Tbf thats less pompous and more hypocritical

Again, it is ignoring the difference between the giver and the taker. If you turned round to, say, Rooney aged 10 and said that he was going to be a pro football player and that he was only ever going to earn a max of £300k a year (as opposed to his weekly wage) along with every other football player, I don't think he would turn around and say that he wasn't going to get out of bed for so little, which after all is 10 times the national average. I'm not going to criticise any of the players for trying to maximise their wages, I criticise the business that throws such obscene amounts of money around. If you take on board that difference, then it isn't hypocritical. If we want Saints to survive in the league, then we too have to be part of this, and yes, there is where I face a dichotomy. My love of Saints and my dislike of football. Hypocrisy? Maybe, although not in my eyes

When you have to worry (and I hope you don't find yourself in that position) who is going to look after your kid when you die, because he can't ever look after himself and frankly no one else will want to, it gives a different perspective on life and what is important. There, that is my greatest concern in life. Football isn't important (to me at least).

Ensuring the security of your kid is of course the most important. I'd venture Pelle could do that on £2.5m pa and doesn't need to leave in order to get £7.5m pa. Uprooting your family just to get more money than you need is not "prioritizing life and see what is important and what is just a crock of ****".

He may well not want to go. Time will tell whether Viky will want to live in Shanghai, London or Liverpool. I would go to China if I had little keeping me here, as I would find it fascinating and a wonderful experience (of course while being paid an obscene amount).

Was very good at the Euros (apart from the calamitous penalty), but time to sell considering there's only one year left on his contract. Cash in now straight after the Euros and bring in a replacement quickly. Whether the replacement will be target man , or a different type of striker , is dependant on what Puel wants . We will need to bring in some type of striker, my preference is a hard working striker with pace to burn , good movement , good runs and plenty of stamina

Was very good at the Euros (apart from the calamitous penalty), but time to sell considering there's only one year left on his contract. Cash in now straight after the Euros and bring in a replacement quickly. Whether the replacement will be target man , or a different type of striker , is dependant on what Puel wants . We will need to bring in some type of striker, my preference is a hard working striker with pace to burn , good movement , good runs and plenty of stamina

I think most teams are looking for that kind of striker tbh

It's nuts we won't offer a extension, it reckon he will come back as different player from the euros we have seen him boss 2 of the worlds best defenders in Ramos and Pique and ttha kind of expertise will be invaluable in Europe

Has it been stated from the club that we are not offering a new contract...i may have missed it

I don't think the club is in the habit of issuing statements on not offering contracts but a couple of (alleged) ITKs have stated that this is the case (but I'm not searching them up for you because my lunch break is over :D )

Obviously you don't want to lose players for free but I think we have brought enough money in that you can afford to let one player see their contract out and if ever there was one then surely its Pelle?

With Mane already gone it would be risky to sell your two top scorers unless you sign proven top quality replacements (which isn't usually our style).

As he is well liked in the dressing room and an experienced player alongside being a regular scorer and one of the few very physical players we have then whats the incentive to sell, especially with additional games this season.

Surely he is worth a one year extension offer or another good season then to leave for free. He will have them cost about £3m per season plus wages which is hardly extortionate these days.

he's the ideal plan b/alternative attacking option. Big man, decent touch and can finish (when the sun shines). Take him and Wanyama out of the side and we lose don't half lose some height defensively at set pieces. Just a couple of reasons why we should be looking to keep him.

It's nuts we won't offer a extension, it reckon he will come back as different player from the euros we have seen him boss 2 of the worlds best defenders in Ramos and Pique and ttha kind of expertise will be invaluable in Europe

Perfect. He's still under contract for a year so we'll benefit from that unless someone makes a big offer.

I think the general vibe is he doesn't want to leave but he wants a new contract and the club seem reluctant.

I imagine that the manager will have a say in things. Who knows exactly what goes on. While we hear that RK wants him at EFC, maybe it was him who didn't want to offer a contract. If CP turns around and says he HAS to have him, then I imagine the board should/would listen. Given the cost of players at the moment, it would be to me, best to keep him even if the cash in value is zero.

I really don't understand why we are trying to force Pelle out. he has been excellent for us and is a proven commodity. We complain enough when players look to leave yet think it would be good business to force Pelle out. You can't have it both ways.

I will be very sorry to see Pelle leave if indeed that happens. If he truly wants to stay why not offer him a 1 or 2 year contract extension? For sure, it is unlikely we would be unable to find a similar quality striker for the 8 million we paid.

On his day he is unplayable

I really don't understand why we are trying to force Pelle out. he has been excellent for us and is a proven commodity. We complain enough when players look to leave yet think it would be good business to force Pelle out. You can't have it both ways.

I will be very sorry to see Pelle leave if indeed that happens. If he truly wants to stay why not offer him a 1 or 2 year contract extension? For sure, it is unlikely we would be unable to find a similar quality striker for the 8 million we paid.

100%

This. He brings qualities to the team which a few on here don't seem to recognise. Even when he's not scoring, he adds so much in the way of hold-up play and outlet for other strikers.

Could not agree more...

The ability to chop and change and combine Long and Pelle during the second half of last season was a winning formula. I can't believe we would feck it up for ourselves. We can't gamble on J Rod being fit all season, Mane has gone, Austin is unproven as yet in our team and our system and please let's not allow Gallagher anywhere near the first team again.

Totally and wholeheartedly agree. He has always shown great passion and commitment to the club. We are always looking for heroes and club stalwarts yet people want Pelle moved on and moan about Davis and Warde Prowse.

Far ar too sensible a post. Are these allowed on here amongst the usual tosh?