Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

Cant see him at Chelsea. They must have had their fill of over the hill strikers by now, none of which have delivered.

Conte picks him because he has limited choice. At Chelsea he will have his choice of the best strikers in the world. At best Pelle would be 3rd of 4th choice.

If he goes back to Italy and/or we spend big on a replacement I have no problem with him leaving but I really don't think we should be loosing him to a mid table premiership club unless we have someone younger and better already lined up.

Lazio apparently. Replacement for Klose.

Lazio may want him, but Italy is not his first choice. He feels he has at least 2yrs left at the top level and wants that to be in the Premier League - preferably at Saints or a London club. It would take both a continued lack of a 1yr contract extension offer from Saints, plus a big offer from any other club to make him even consider a move to a Midlands/Northern PL club.

Lazio may want him, but Italy is not his first choice. He feels he has at least 2yrs left at the top level and wants that to be in the Premier League - preferably at Saints or a London club. It would take both a continued lack of a 1yr contract extension offer from Saints, plus a big offer from any other club to make him even consider a move to a Midlands/Northern PL club.

I reckon he'll be wanted @ Chelsea.

Since I know where this will have come from I know it'll be correct.

Since I know where this will have come from I know it'll be correct.

Your version didn't come from Graziano's mouth, that's for sure! As I said, the only way he'll even consider a move to Italy is if Saints don't offer a 1yr extension and/or if he doesn't get a minimum 2yr deal from another Premier League club.

Your version didn't come from Graziano's mouth, that's for sure! As I said, the only way he'll even consider a move to Italy is if Saints don't offer a 1yr extension and/or if he doesn't get a minimum 2yr deal from another Premier League club.

Err I think he was agreeing with you because he knows what you do, most of us do and thus take whatever you might say as

fairly reliable.

While there might be nice rational and Les Reed-y reasons to let him go - his value never higher, his age, one year left - clearly we would be utterly freaking nuts to let him go. He's great, we love him (except Batman) and just for Christ's sake let's be seen to keep a player now and again.

If all he wants from us is a one year extension give it him now now now now. Even a two year extension means we'd still get a fee next year. Do it.

Don't be a p rick about it Les.

I vote for Pelle to Remain.

Edited by CB Fry

While there might be nice rational and Les Reed-y reasons to let him go - his value never higher, his age, one year left - clearly we would be utterly freaking nuts to let him go. He's great, we love him (except Batman) and just for Christ's sake let's be seen to keep a player now and again.

If all he wants from us is a one year extension give it him now now now now. Even a two year extension means we'd still get a fee next year. Do it.

Me too. We don't want a Pellexit.

Err I think he was agreeing with you because he knows what you do, most of us do and thus take whatever you might say as

fairly reliable.

Oops, that'll teach me to not properly read all the recent posts! I thought VFTT was backing up a previous comment he made.

I'll accept my apology :blush:

Oops, that'll teach me to not properly read all the recent posts! I thought VFTT was backing up a previous comment he made.

I'll accept my apology :blush:

Wow, that must be a first, Essruu getting it wrong

[emoji106][emoji106]

Most definitely this.

For most clubs, a one year extension for Italy's no 9 would be a no brainer whether he's 30 odd or not. Look at Man U, they're signing a 34 year old has-been from Sweden... :D

Yep

We'd be mad to let Pelle go, he's shown his class in the Euros and even against two class centre backs in Ramos & Pique, proving how pivotal he can be for the team, scoring goals or not. In the Premier League he has scored double figures both seasons for us, scoring some great goals along the way (Liverpool comeback & QPR bicycle kick spring to mind). He apparently loves living here & all things considered I think he'd be a sizeable loss to Saints, more so than Mane. Give him an extension for a couple of years & I'd be happy

Pelle wants an extension of his contract but we will not offer him a 2 year one on top of his current one.

I guess they have to get the best price now otherwise he will walk away free next week.

It's a real shame as he is a good holding player to bring in the likes of Redmond and Long.

We'd be mad to let Pelle go

The clubs ambitions and goals have changed. Pelle could potentially score the goals to take us to the next level which the board cannot risk right now. We've a new strategy and we can't possibly achieve those with quality internationals like Pelle and Mane leading the line.

I'd be wary of buying players after a good tournament, as time and time again players flop after looking great for their country and sealing a dream move. I'd apply the same caution here . I hope the club stick to any decision they made prior to this , rather than base it on his form during the euros . His great form could result in a few more quid for us or could result in a few more quid bring added to his salary, but base any extension on the past 12 months, not the past 3 weeks. Remember our decent form occurred when he was out, and he was dire during our horrendous run

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/03/graziano-pelle-to-leave-southampton-in-summer-transfer-window-wi/

The Telegraph (club's pet paper) reporting that Pelle isn't being offered a new contract and club is looking to sell him.

Not surprised take the emotion out of it and he is a 31 year old centre forward who scores about 10 goals a season whose value isn't going to go up from the clubs point of view I doubt they see the point in giving him a new contract.

Not surprised take the emotion out of it and he is a 31 year old centre forward who scores about 10 goals a season whose value isn't going to go up from the clubs point of view I doubt they see the point in giving him a new contract.

Between £10m - £20m would be an excellent fee, would be stupid to turn it down.

The writing was on the wall back end of last season. Our style has developed and moved on.

The club may also feel he is blocking Gallagher's development.

If we get back what we paid that will have been an excellent return. By and large I've enjoyed his contribution, but his time here is up I feel.

So if he goes thats what 20+ goals gone from our team from last season? Going to take a couple of excellent signings to negate that. I'd much prefer to actually get use out of the guy and if true he wants to stay keep him on. The board have to realise this constant chasing of pounds is a bit galling to fans. He does a job and like him or not he does score goals. 12-14 goals a season is not to be sniffed at from a club at our level.

So if he goes thats what 20+ goals gone from our team from last season? Going to take a couple of excellent signings to negate that. I'd much prefer to actually get use out of the guy and if true he wants to stay keep him on. The board have to realise this constant chasing of pounds is a bit galling to fans. He does a job and like him or not he does score goals. 12-14 goals a season is not to be sniffed at from a club at our level.

we have been selling players like never seen before. not going to stop now

Austin got 18 the season before last in a crap relegated team. I'd back him to get similar this season with plenty of game time given the better quality of our side has over QPR. If ( big if at the moment granted) Jrod can find some form he should easily be capable of 10 goals a season to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/03/graziano-pelle-to-leave-southampton-in-summer-transfer-window-wi/

The Telegraph (club's pet paper) reporting that Pelle isn't being offered a new contract and club is looking to sell him.

Pretty much what we thought, I suppose. "between £10 million and £20 million" is such a random amount to want - I guess we'll take £10m then!

Are we to assume we won't sign a replacement as we signed Austin? I don't see anyone in the squad who can really hold the ball up as well as Graziano.

I'd very happily lose Pelle for 5-10m and spend 16m on Berahino to be honest. More mobile, takes penalties and his value would go up. I like Pelle but he's pretty limited and unlikely to score loads. I'd back Long to get 15+ playing up front all season more than I would Pelle, but don't think either are anything special really.

I don't believe the link, but I'm weirdly warming to the Berahino idea. Very "Sadio-esque" and if he keeps his head straight, he's a difference make in this division - And we'd make him better.

It would be good if we brought in some real quality this window. Not impressed with who we have been linked to since Puel came in. If Pelle goes (and I hope he doesn't) then I certainly hope we have a top notch replacement lined up. RObson Kanu, Berahino, et al are not what I would call top notch. Be great if we got the guy from CSKA but looks like he is going to Leicester.

It would be good if we brought in some real quality this window. Not impressed with who we have been linked to since Puel came in. If Pelle goes (and I hope he doesn't) then I certainly hope we have a top notch replacement lined up. RObson Kanu, Berahino, et al are not what I would call top notch. Be great if we got the guy from CSKA but looks like he is going to Leicester.

Well, Bas Dost would be a replacement for Pelle. A Berahino-type would just further strengthen our attacking options which is probably what we'll need to do after losing the likes of Mane/Gaston/Juanmi.

Fingers crossed we keep Tadic. Don't like the notion of rebuilding the attack every couple of seasons.

Shanghai have lots of money, maybe they could buy him from us for a lot now that the Euros are over. Wasn't there a bid from China at the end of last season that GP dismissed out of hand?

I think he did. I still think he'll go to Chelsea.

Happy for Pelle to go as long as we get a decent younger replacement. Berahino could work but the new manager is a hard ass . Berahino may clash with him .

Hoping Mane gets replaced too . Surely Redmond isn't his replacement? Hell of a step down if true

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Latest rumour suggests China ! for very big money....maybe Graziano can quickly get used to sweet and sour instead of pasta?

I assumed that if he wanted to go there for f*ck loads of money, he could've gone there in January?

I assumed that if he wanted to go there for f*ck loads of money, he could've gone there in January?

No. If he had, he would likely have missed Euro16. Now the question is, is he likely to make Russia? I doubt it, so going there won't affect his international career as it is likely to be over. Or am I doing his international career a disservice?

No. If he had, he would likely have missed Euro16. Now the question is, is he likely to make Russia? I doubt it, so going there won't affect his international career as it is likely to be over. Or am I doing his international career a disservice?

My opinion: If Graziano goes to China his international career will probably be over. It was a minor miracle he got in the Italian squad playing for Saints here given historically so few overseas players ever make the first team for Italy ~ but China would be a continent too far i feel. But he would be made up financially for him and family for the rest of his life if he does go.Pragmatically for him its probably the right thing IF its really those big numbers mentioned and a 3 year deal.

IF he stays at Saints OR moves to Chelsea he will still be in the Italian WC squad for Russia, probably as a starter but that's not 100% certain under the new Italian manager nor the new Saints Manager. I guess some reassurances from Claude will be required to that end. If Claude says Graziano is a probable starter in the majority of matches when fit rather than hes a probable impact player off the bench the majority of the time, well that may be material to what happens now and influence a decision more than anything else....i'm certain with Graziano it will be playing time and honour first (and how he feels within the group) then the money, but money is still very important! Ditto if he is to be the main man or an impact (put the big man up top and lob the ball to him) player at the other clubs mentioned. I think he'd regard the latter as demeaning no matter what the pay.

He will be very well off financially staying or extending (my personal preference is an extension of a year at least) at Saints where he is well loved by fans ~ and even better off financially going to Chelsea though who knows what there fans will think of him and they have an age and contract policy that's relatively inflexible.Drogba was an exception rather than the rule. If he goes to some other team (like Everton) there is even more uncertainty and im personally not convinced he would be so massively better paid at Everton or feel the love or feel honourable for example as to compensate for that uncertainty. Lastly there is the prospect of playing in Europa League this season which neither Chelsea, Shanghai, Everton or Inter or Milan can provide.

He can stay easily if Claude says he loves him and he gets a nice pay rise plus a year or two. If not he can also leave quite easily in the absence of those things. Given that, if Saints do NOT offer him an extension they are as good as saying he is for sale and is not loved anymore. My interpretation is that the ball is in saints court. I don't know enough about Charlie Austin to comment upon if hes a direct replacement but i do think that thre will be certain games in which a player like Graziano will be very useful/instrumental in breaking down defences as he has shown he can be very effective indeed at the highest level if used correctly.

It would be a shame to loee him at his peak, but i guess that's when his value is the highest too and Les +co have the books to balance...