Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

If he wants to stay I would definitely keep him.

If he wants to go then I would wish him well at a big Italian side as he hasnt really succeeded in his homeland before. Has been a really good signing, effectively replacing a club legend.

Imagine the club would feel similar. Would be decent to get our money back on someone who is out of contract next summer.

Would need a replacement though obviously with the extra European games.

If he wants to go then I would wish him well at a big Italian side as he hasnt really succeeded in his homeland before. Has been a really good signing, effectively replacing a club legend.

Imagine the club would feel similar. Would be decent to get our money back on someone who is out of contract next summer.

This. Frustrating, but on the whole, has made an excellent contribution to us. If he leaves, thank you Graziano

If he stays then great, If he goes then he goes with mine and probably most of our fans blessings. He had very big boots to fill and he's come in and done a great job. If we did sell him, i'd like Lukaku. ;)

Not sure we would - A good tournament would help. Guessing Juve have more ££'s than Lazio.

I like him too though. I'd be happy if he stays - Not easy to replace.

Quite a robust player too. Hasn't missed many games and I get the impression he has played through quite a few knocks. For what we paid and considering he didnt have experience of a league this strong, he has been really good.

What did we pay for him? £8m'ish?

Always considered selling Lambert for £4m mean't we got a 50% discount-code on Pelle.

At least there is a bright side to Koeman leaving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really get that. Not like we have a queue of reliable (performance and fitness wise) strikers. You know what you get with Pelle.

Fair enough if he goes but can't fathom why anyone would actively want to get rid of him?

If Austin matches Pelle's record from the past two seasons he will have done very well. Of the two I would have Pelle.

I don't really get that. Not like we have a queue of reliable (performance and fitness wise) strikers.

Fair enough if he goes but can't fathom why anyone would actively want to get rid of him?

Was just being mischievous. But I have seen an awful lot of bad performances from him followed by him getting selected to start again next game when Long was the better option. Those flick-ons!

Was just being mischievous. But I have seen an awful lot of bad performances from him followed by him getting selected to start again next game when Long was the better option. Those flick-ons!

Got as many league goal and assists as Mane last season. Pelle can still do a job.

Got as many league goal and assists as Mane last season. Pelle can still do a job.

Yes. But his leaving is not unexpected or the end of the world

Yes. But his leaving is not unexpected or the end of the world

Of course not. Would wish him well. Just wouldn't actively look to sell unless we bring in someone better and largely that would cost a lot of money. Pelle will start as the Italy no9 at the Euros, albeit in a squad below their usual quality.

Teams like Saints shouldn't actively be looking to sell proven strikers like that IMO especially as we will get about £8m for him. His worth in the squad is higher than that.

But as above if he wanted to go and went to a big Italian side then all the best to him. But letting him go to Everton or Stoke would a silly decision.

Pelle if used properly can change & win games for us. 2nd half against Palace for example

100% different from Long,J-rod & Austin style of play,we could sell for £8-10m but you would not get anything for that,I would offer him a 1-2 year extension and keep him,from snippets we hear he wasn't happy with Koeman,whos not to say a new manager wont get 15-20 goals from him

Pelle if used properly can change & win games for us. 2nd half against Palace for example

100% different from Long,J-rod & Austin style of play,we could sell for £8-10m but you would not get anything for that,I would offer him a 1-2 year extension and keep him,from snippets we hear he wasn't happy with Koeman,whos not to say a new manager wont get 15-20 goals from him

We definitely need someone like him. When teams double up at the back, we can't run through them. As you say, Palace, they had 8 defenders and Pelle being a target man who actually when he has the ball, is hard to knock over.

Now we might have someone who could do the job in a year or two. Sam Gallagher. Both he and Pelle are 1.94m but as far as I can remember SG's physical presence is no where near GP's. Of course their respective experience cannot be compared at this stage and nor their development. SG is still 20, and not sure when a big centre forward generally comes into his peak, but I can't imagine it is until mid 20s. GP didn't really kick in until 2012 when he was 26ish.

From what I know, this is purely 'paper talk' to fill a few lines.

It's an open secret that Pelle and Koeman did not always see eye-to-eye. (Likewise Mane and Tadic).

Pelle also wants to return and play in his homeland, Italy.

From what I can ascertain, Pelle is happy at Southampton, wants European football, and is waiting to see whom the new manager is before making any decisions. However, if, an Italian club, (Lazio has been rumoured) made an acceptable offer he would move there.

I like him but if we want to progress now we need better, and more movement. Long and Austin isn't a bad start, just like to see them invest heavily on a striker now.

I still like him too - But we what he offers would be a loss if he left. We don't have anyone else who does what he does.

Although we didnt think Koeman would - would Pelle (Italy's starting striker at the Euros) sacrifice a top 6 prem team in Europa league to join Stoke or Everton? I think he might unfortunately leave, but surely back to Italy or at least to another Europa / Champions League team

Amazing to think that we have the current Italy No 9 in our squad - would we ever have thought that when we were in administration. So proud of saints

THIS!

I don't think that many fans would be too disappointed if he left either, which is even more astonishing!

Says allot about Saints rise (and a bit about the decline in the Italian national team!)

I do rate Pelle, he gets allot of stick because he's not very flamboyant but he's a solid player and i'd be sad to see him go.

Pelle has done a good job for us over the last 2 years.

However i don't have an issue with him moving elsewhere even if that is another prem club.

He's at an age where it makes sense and we've clearly spent money and wages to bring in Austin to play rather than sit on the bench. Equally i doubt Pelle at this stage wants to play second fiddle to Long/Austin.

It's a funny one....Strikers are the most expensive position to buy. We have one that can still do a job for a couple of years. Gallagher may or may not make the grade in a few years, and we are a little short of a big target man other than him.

So

Do we extend the contract and write off say an £8m sale, with him retiring/going on a free at the end of the contract? Or do we go out and spend £10-15-20m on another striker and sell with one year left of a contract for maybe what we paid, maybe less? I would almost go for the former depending on wage demands, or even keeping him and letting him go on a free next season's end.

When we say "leave on a free" - isn't there a chance, if we keep him until the contract end, we can re-sign him 'on a free' (on admittedly a better wage packet) depending on how well he/we do next season?

Does that ever happen? Where we see how well a player/club does and then offer them a deal once out of contract?

Sorry if that's a stupid Q

It's a funny one....Strikers are the most expensive position to buy. We have one that can still do a job for a couple of years. Gallagher may or may not make the grade in a few years, and we are a little short of a big target man other than him.

So

Do we extend the contract and write off say an £8m sale, with him retiring/going on a free at the end of the contract? Or do we go out and spend £10-15-20m on another striker and sell with one year left of a contract for maybe what we paid, maybe less? I would almost go for the former depending on wage demands, or even keeping him and letting him go on a free next season's end.

I also see this as being " a bit strange " Angelman.

Conflicting stories that he liked Saints and didn't want to leave, but the club (read Koeman)....wasn't keen to keep him, and he hadn't been offered a new contract.

All sorts of Italian clubs mentioned and a good Euro will put his price up.(?). now stories of Stoke and Everton talking to him ( well, his agent, of course) as it's illegal to approach a player directly without the club's OK...(unless we actually have approved it ).

A lot depends on who comes in as new manager ....if there were to be a new exodus, the idea of a strike force without Austin, Rodriguez, Long or Mane might mean it would be a good idea to keep him. Keeping him a bit longer....and eventually giving him a free in 2-3 years might mean we get no return..but after the money we wasted on Ramirez and ....Osvaldo :scared: (it feels like a knife in the ribs everytime I say his name).... then not getting a few million back won't matter ....if HDAJFU.