Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

Mate you're f*king boring.

Following me around threads..do have a word.

That's the second time I've responded to you :lol: Besides, I couldn't follow you around even if I wanted to, on account of my leg being in a cast :wave:

P.S If you genuinely think I'm "following" you, the only defence I can offer is, one can't help being a fly :thumbup:

Edited by Donatello

FFS.

Koeman has explained his omission from the squad, and going by Pelles instagram post he is taking it professionally and is happy enough.

Looking seriously ****ed off at a tin of beans...not sure if his is ironic or not but i'll take it seriously. Watch back his goal against Liverpool. An equaliser from 2-0 down, you think he'd look ecstatic. Nope he looks p*ssed off to the extreme. Some people just look that way.

Lambert coming back was to do with the testimonial, he will not be signing for Saints again.

You don't do humour very well do you....?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I doubt it. I, and many others, just happen to think we are a much better team without Pelle than with him. We play at a higher tempo and look lethal on the break and I find that style of football far more entertaining to watch.

RK has criticised Pelle for his efforts in training this week and that isn't surprising. He behaves like a spoilt brat on the pitch when things don't go his way so it's not surprising if he acts the same way off it when things go against him.

And yet Ruud Gullit says that Pelle is your man when teams come and park the bus so I guess it is horses for courses. Fair play to Ron for dropping him. Doesn't mean that he is a poor player though.

There are about 50 articles like that about him and numerous other players floating about the Internet at the moment, none of them have any relation to the completely false story that started this thread.

Talk that Conte wants to take him to Chelsea, for £8M. Less than we bought him for and is now proven in the EPL ..... but like a car, older and more miles on the clock.

Unlikely we can take Pelle, Long, Mane, J-Rod and Austin into next season. We just bought Austin so unlikely to be moving him on.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Talk that Conte wants to take him to Chelsea, for £8M. Less than we bought him for and is now proven in the EPL ..... but like a car, older and more miles on the clock.

Unlikely we can take Pelle, Long, Mane, J-Rod and Austin into next season. We just bought Austin so unlikely to be moving him on.

Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Please elaborate.

The club will demand a decent transfer fee if he goes this Summer. If nobody is prepared to pay that price, we will have a forward line of Pelle, Long, J Rod and Austin to mount our title challenge next season. I'm delighted the club have managed to engineer this position.

If someone offers more than £10million I think you take it, but otherwise he's a brilliant option to have. Can't argue with his return, he must average a goal every 3 games? Which is very good really. Not everyone can be Aguero.

He just doesn't fit our style.

He scores goals but he needs it planted at his feet.

Good in the air. That's what he offers.

Ballcocks.

Palace had a back 8 at times today. That's why we brought Pelle on. He can deal with it better than others and actually is vital in giving us another option.

He seemed to have the right hump when he wasn't allowed to take the penalty. Didn't go over to congratulate Ryan but Virgil looked like he had words and Pelle soon sorted himself out. Thought he played really well today. The two blokes in front of me did their best to find something to complain about him but soon shut up today.

Seriously you're being a pain in the arse tonight. He was superb today and made 1 and scored 1 in a half. Go to bed please.

And if our style isn't working, like first half today? Palace packed the box and reduced us to shooting from range, we needed someone who could either batter a hole in their defence or shoot out of nowhere, Pelle was perfect for that.

And for his size he actually isn't that great in the air, Shane Long wins more headers for me.

Seriously you're being a pain in the arse tonight. He was superb today and made 1 and scored 1 in a half. Go to bed please.

Sorry for having an opinion.

F'me.

Have I driven a car into peoples houses on here and forgot about it or something?...

Bloody hell.

I didn't say he was bad.

As per your points about the goal and assist..

Again..YES..he's good in the air.

^which is what I wrote.

I have no particular issues either way keep or sell. He's been a good player for us but he's at an age if he wants to return to italy and we can recoup some of our initial outlay on him it may well suit both parties. We won't be getting anywhere near 10 million for him if he does go though.

He offers something that our other strikers cannot, today proved his quality.

Nothing wrong with having alternative options, particularly of his ability. He has made such an impact and contribution over the last two years.

A couple of points:

01) Pelle has been instrumental to the club's success these past two years. To deny it is crazy.

02) If we can't get more than 10 million for his transfer I would consider keeping him this year and let him be a free agent at the end of next season (if he is ok with that). His value on the pitch for an entire season is worth more than a 6 million transfer fee.

03) He showed pure class going over the bench and including KDavis in the goal celebration. He embraced this club the minute he arrived here and shown nothing but respect and class. Some time in the near future when he is no longer with the team, we are suddenly going to realize how much we miss that perfect hair, the big smile and the pure joy he always shows after a goal score.

04) If he desires to go to Italy (his home country) to finish off his career on a high point, I don't blame him one bit. The guy has earned it.

A couple of points:

01) Pelle has been instrumental to the club's success these past two years. To deny it is crazy.

02) If we can't get more than 10 million for his transfer I would consider keeping him this year and let him be a free agent at the end of next season (if he is ok with that). His value on the pitch for an entire season is worth more than a 6 million transfer fee.

03) He showed pure class going over the bench and including KDavis in the goal celebration. He embraced this club the minute he arrived here and shown nothing but respect and class. Some time in the near future when he is no longer with the team, we are suddenly going to realize how much we miss that perfect hair, the big smile and the pure joy he always shows after a goal score.

04) If he desires to go to Italy (his home country) to finish off his career on a high point, I don't blame him one bit. The guy has earned it.

I concur

I'm indifferent as to whether he stays TBH. He's a quality player and has produced some fantastic goals. On the other hand he is one dimensional and a player I do think we can improve upon.

I think if we get an £8-10m offer from Italy, he could leave with our blessing and we can invest that pretty nicely in a replacement.

I think Pelle's one of those players where we'd be making a mistake taking things to either extreme.

For instance here; lets not go nuts, he's done well but we do look better with Long and Mane in the side. I've long defended Pelle against the amount of scapegoating he tends to get but lets be honest, he's hardly the hub of all of our attacking play. I don't think we'd have been able to beat City the way we did with Pelle ahead of Long for instance.

Having said that, he's a useful weapon to have as part of our arsenal and definitely has got a role to play at the club. Useful from a defensive point of view too.

A couple of points:

Agree SaintTex.

Unfortunately one of the problems that Pelle has faced is that he had to replace the irreplaceable Lambert, a recent legend despite the critiscism he had in his last year.

Whatever Pelle does this summer, and if he does leave I think we owe him for the way in which he joined the club at a diifficult time and contributed in stabilising the club and taking it forward from the summer of 2014.

I just think we already have his replacement in Austin.

I fear we might have a recuurence of the David Connolly syndrome here : Austin could be the best striker/goalscorer at the club if he didn't spend so much time on the treatment table.

Can we really go into next season depending on Austin & Rodriguez ?

We need to keep Pelle - with the money available to all Prem clubs next year losing anyone proven at this level for less than £15m is pointless - 23 league goals in 2 seasons with a load of assists mean he is proven. We will really struggle to find a replacement without taking a huge risk or spending £25m. Same with Wanyama - rather do a deal with him to stay at the club one more year then get his payday as a free transfer. Of course you can only do this if the players are happy here - and in Pelle's case he is far from guaranteed 1st team. Agree with Austin/j-Rod comment as well - clearly injury prone so we cannot rely on them - got to look at their contribution next season as a bonus not a guarantee.

I just think we already have his replacement in Austin.

Even when he has played, he's looked a bit iffy to me. VERY selfish, to the point others have had a huge go at him for shooting from distance when they were wide open...but hopefully he can be coached into playing "our" way and recognising what the best option to take is.

indifferent to Pelle going

how he was used yesterday was how he should have been used a lot more

But how many teams have set up to play with 2 banks of 4 defenders sitting deep, which CP did a lot yesterday. Or was it a back 6 with 2 just in front of them? At least it seemed like that. That's when Pelle is vital. Running at a solid mass of the opposition wasn't working and to me, we were fortunate to go in at HT being 1 up. GP came on 2nd half (why wait to HT?) and the dynamic changed.

But how many teams have set up to play with 2 banks of 4 defenders sitting deep, which CP did a lot yesterday. Or was it a back 6 with 2 just in front of them? At least it seemed like that. That's when Pelle is vital. Running at a solid mass of the opposition wasn't working and to me, we were fortunate to go in at HT being 1 up. GP came on 2nd half (why wait to HT?) and the dynamic changed.

I counted seven at the back for them most of the game. Plus the keeper.

Exactly Koeman has shown he will adapt to the opposition so a variety of different attackers is preferable to give us a plan b and c. Pelle when on form is a very good old school CF worth keeping him IMO.

A couple of points:

This......he has without a shadow of a doubt been good for us

It's odd how many people don't appreciate that different opposition calls for different styles of attack - Pelle works well again certain defences...against others, the pace and movement of Long is more effective....horses for courses

Ballcocks.

Palace had a back 8 at times today. That's why we brought Pelle on. He can deal with it better than others and actually is vital in giving us another option.

Which is exactly the point Ruud Gullit made on MotD a couple of weeks back.