Manchester City Build up & Match Thread

niceandfriendly

We do seem to be sitting off which must be the tactic. Does seem very risky though to allow City to dominate the ball under no pressure. They are more than good enough to make chances.

Always do in the first half - conserves energy and allows us to continually improve our performance after halftime right up to the end of the game. Look at how many of our goals have been scored in the second half this season.

Always do in the first half - conserves energy and allows us to continually improve our performance after halftime right up to the end of the game. Look at how many of our goals have been scored in the second half this season.

Wasn't there some stat the other day about how many 0-0 half time scores we've had recently?

Near post corners statistically result in the most goals so I can always understand going for that.

I think it's tactically smart actually. Extra forward player means our weakened fullback positions won't be able to get forward as much, leaving our 3 attackers to get past 2 DM and 3 CBs.

I agree - based purely on our attacking so far this season, City have no reason to play this one particularly conservatively, especially when most of the talent in their squad is up front.

Quite frustrating when we get an attack going, turn sideways, then back a bit, sideways, back some more.... momentum gone.

We need to take more risks up front. I know it's early-isa in the game still, but come on! Take some chances.

Yup, we had a great break brewing down the left just before their disallowed equaliser. If I'm not mistaken, the usual suspect was responsible for the decision to pick a high percentage ball into midfield rather than the riskier ball down the line, and as a result we handed possession back and almost gave up the lead. It doesn't even make a lot of sense - I'd much rather lose the ball near city's corner flag than on the centre circle.