Saints v Middlesbrough Match thread!

Gunnery

Reed needs to come out and explain to us why we've decided as a club to regress so much. It was a clear plan appointing Puel to dish these kinds of performances up, he knew exactly what he was getting when he made the appointment. I think we'd all be fairly happy to accept that, so long as they come out and be completely open about it.

LOL!!! Yeah sack the manager and all our problems will be gone...

I take it back - you're a total bellend.

I would rather anything than watching this 'play' week in week out. It is utter crap and we are so defensive it is no wonder we don't create chances. Our midfield is expected to sit just in front of the back 4 which means Jrod is totally isolated and we are inviting them to come at us.

Utter, utter garbage and I am sick of it

Awful so far. Relegation battle this season the way this is going. Can't score (or even threaten) and seem determined to give the opposition clear cut chances at our goal.

Puel needs to go if he can't turn this around fast. Him and Reed should both be gone anyway if we come anywhere in lower mid table or lower in may. Unacceptable down turn in team performance, and once you start on that road it leads to eventual relegation.

I would rather anything than watching this 'play' week in week out. It is utter crap and we are so defensive it is no wonder we don't create chances. Our midfield is expected to sit just in front of the back 4 which means Jrod is totally isolated and we are inviting them to come at us.

You're not watching it, you're on an Internet forum same as me....bellend.

Boro are a very organised side, but for some reason some members of this forum think we should be smashing them...

Not saying that Boro are not a good side, but it is fair to say that last season we would have expected to beat a side like Boro. Now they look like our rivals, which would suggest we are are lowering our ambitions to staying up.

Awful so far. Relegation battle this season the way this is going. Can't score (or even threaten) and seem determined to give the opposition clear cut chances at our goal.

Puel needs to go if he can't turn this around fast. Him and Reed should both be gone anyway if we come anywhere in lower mid table or lower in may. Unacceptable down turn in team performance, and once you start on that road it leads to eventual relegation.

No surprise to me.

Agreed. This "style" is absolutely awful on the eye.

just think for a moment.

THIS IS the reaction from the last 2 results.

I do not think I will be far off when I said puel wont last beyond the new year

Yep after the bull**** result against Palace, we were going to bounce back against Beer Sheva(that went well) then all the usual troops were out saying we would bounce back against Middlesbrough, and as usual we haven't looked like scoring. I fear Puel is out of his depth and has lost the dressing room as they are certainly not putting it all on the line for him. We are just dour and lifeless.

This is why I hesitate when people just see we don't score goals and say "we have to get a striker". Austin has been scoring fine, Long has showed he can score just last year, and Jay Rod has shown he can score when healthy. Forwards make runs to get open and need to score when they get service on those runs. If the midfield is not hitting them, supporting them, or attacking at all, the strikers are isolated and can't do anything. Its a team game and everyone has a role. I think our issue is more the offensive side of the midfield game.