Redmond

9-3

Did well today IMO.
Yes, that's what's most frustrating about him. When he receives the ball on the turn and drives at the opposition he looks quite decent, even if the end product is often lacking.

But the majority of the season he's consistently chickened out of taking such responsibility and merely passed backwards (whilst *****ing to everyone else about it being their fault).

An improved performance and attitude these last couple of days. And his "WTF" death stare at Cedric after he again smashed a hopeless shot into the stands, certainly summed up the feeling of all of us.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yes, that's what's most frustrating about him. When he receives the ball on the turn and drives at the opposition he looks quite decent, even if the end product is often lacking.

But the majority of the season he's consistently chickened out of taking such responsibility and merely passed backwards (whilst *****ing to everyone else about it being their fault).

An improved performance and attitude these last couple of days. And his "WTF" death stare at Cedric after he again smashed a hopeless shot into the stands, certainly summed up the feeling of all of us.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yea but has he got the right to make that stare? Redmond seems to think he is something special when actually he is an imposter. He did OK today by his standards but for me he sums us up this season.

Had Boufal played like Redmond did today there would be gushing praise. He played well today, him & Sims both looked dangerous. Best performance since Liverpool away in semi final. His confidence must have been rock bottom, so it shows a bit of mettle to comeback and turn in a performance like that. Gave his all today, more than can be said of others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good today, should be playing right though

Everyone sees this, except the ****ing clown. He was better than usual (on the left), but nothing special. Won a few corners and always works hard. But when he belatedly moved to the right (with Tadic subbed not playing there :mcinnes:) he showed his ability, and put in some good balls.

Redmond was our most threatening player yesterday. Although he seems to have negative impact on Bertrand. It's odd how Bertrand is more effective when redmond not on left or in the side at all. Bertrand was pants yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Sims was more threatening. Redmond wasn't bad but does too many needless stepovers and slows down too much. He should be attacking with pace. Never seems to. And can't finish. But yes, was better yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't do a great deal in the first half. Tried to link up with Bertrand and they did manage to create a couple of openings, but overall I thought Sims movement on the other side showed how stationary and lethargic Redmond was.

Second half was a different story. He beat men and was a threat, even on the left. When we went 4-4-2 he and Sims made it work. You could not ask for a lot more other than better quality and power to his curling shot. When he moved to the right he showed exactly what fans have been so annoyed with him about. He collected the ball just inside his own half and his first thought is to stop and look for support and the safer option. As a winger in a 433 I don't ever want to see that. In a 4-4-2 you perhaps need to be more cautious.

On this occasion the support wasn't there so he continued down the line. Still no support so he had no option now but to attack and having got to the byeline he put in an absolute beauty of a cross that Boufal should have buried. Thats what fans want. Get the ball and dribble it down the line. Go forward. First thought, can I take the full back on? Forget keeping possession, go for it.

It goes without saying that he should play on the right side. If we are playing two up front it becomes a no brainer. The question is will MP go 442 and who will he play in those wide roles.

Edited by Chez

Had Boufal played like Redmond did today there would be gushing praise. He played well today, him & Sims both looked dangerous. Best performance since Liverpool away in semi final. His confidence must have been rock bottom, so it shows a bit of mettle to comeback and turn in a performance like that. Gave his all today, more than can be said of others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i even saw that somebody put on here that Redmond was disgraceful that he missed the chance in the 87 th minute!!! Not realising it was Boufal. What a miss that was. Add that to Gabbis airshot, but fans will be calling for them over Redmond.

I only saw highlights but he was very creative

i even saw that somebody put on here that Redmond was disgraceful that he missed the chance in the 87 th minute!!! Not realising it was Boufal. What a miss that was. Add that to Gabbis airshot, but fans will be calling for them over Redmond.

I only saw highlights but he was very creative

He was Nick best game for ages hope he copies what Sims tries that will get best from him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk