Pellegrino in

Nordic Saint

That's a 7 match unbeaten we're on run now. We haven't lost a game this year. OK, he's no Pochettino, but I honestly don't think Reed will bring anyone better in if he sacks him. Pellegrino's certainly at least as good as the Pardew and Hughes types and a far more likeable character. His biggest mistake was not playing Austin when he was available earlier in the season. He has been left a squad, which apart from Austin, has no reliable goal scorer up front and that has been the real problem.
when was Kelvin brought in? Is it a coincidence???

We'd be 11th right now if not for that Watford handball. That's a decent position with the quality of our squad.

Yeah, but it's not really the way to measure it, is it?

I'm more worried about points than position - at least assuming we aren't bottom three.

We've gone from getting 60+ points, to 49 last season, to now being in a position where I'd rip your arm off for a final tally of 40. It's a poor trajectory, even if we got an unlucky "non-decision" in one match a couple of weeks ago

Yeah, but it's not really the way to measure it, is it?

I'm more worried about points than position - at least assuming we aren't bottom three.

We've gone from getting 60+ points, to 49 last season, to now being in a position where I'd rip your arm off for a final tally of 40. It's a poor trajectory, even if we got an unlucky "non-decision" in one match a couple of weeks ago

We've gone from having a lot of players good enough to play for top 6 sides to a team with only 1 player capable of it atm. By what right should we be ahead of the teams in 7th-18th place? The top 6 are incredibly far ahead and are having to recruit from overseas to find quality (VVD/Barkley the only exceptions). Huddersfield/Brighton are a lot poorer. But nothing really separates 7th-18th. Our squad is certainly no better than that pack of teams right now. An okay season has us finishing 12th; middle of the pack.

I think we have to remember he's new to the Premier League. It is a ruthless competition and it was always going to take hime time.

I'm still unconvinced, that sub against Brighton was terrible management, but maybe just maybe he is learning that you cannot just defend in this league.

It is a start lets enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think we have to remember he's new to the Premier League. It is a ruthless competition and it was always going to take hime time.

I'm still unconvinced, that sub against Brighton was terrible management, but maybe just maybe he is learning that you cannot just defend in this league.

It is a start lets enjoy it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's played in it and been a first team coach in it at a high profile club. He's spent multiple seasons in this country and in the Premier League.

He's not fresh off the boat.

let’s hope he doesn’t regress..

when we lose, it only ever seems to be MPs fault.

I know some of the managers want you to believe that results are down to them, usually when the team has won, as it helps to enhances their wages, but all this standing up and ranting on the sidelines is just a circus act has almost no effect on what happens on the pitch. The coach/manager is largely powerless...

One swallow doesn’t make a Summer. We’ve narrowly beaten bottom of the league.

It’s bought him some time, and let’s hope he doesn’t regress..

Come on, we bossed them from about twenty minutes in, you can't class that as narrowly beating them.

I say that as someone who thought the Brighton line-up was pretty close to a sackable offence, but give him credit here, we were significantly better than West Brom.

The team selection for the Brighton game was a sackable offence. Period.

I've got to reply, because I can't really remember ever feeling like I agree with anything you've ever posted before, but to give you your due here, I agree with you here.

With you on this one amigo.

the fact we all lamented that he left 3 of our biggest signings on the bench and the team he sent out just said "keep it tight and nick a goal", I feel like I will give him the opportunity to change my mind in the next game after WBA but I hope the board already have a replacement lined up who can either step in now or in the summer after spending the last few months planning and watching our players (Silva/Bosz).

With you on this one amigo.

the fact we all lamented that he left 3 of our biggest signings on the bench and the team he sent out just said "keep it tight and nick a goal", I feel like I will give him the opportunity to change my mind in the next game after WBA but I hope the board already have a replacement lined up who can either step in now or in the summer after spending the last few months planning and watching our players (Silva/Bosz).

I don't disagree with you in principal, but I hope we steer clear of Silva (unless to the end of this season only as a desperate measure if things continue to go down the pan) as he has probably shown his true colours at Watford spending half his time there contemplating his next move to Everton.

when we lose, it only ever seems to be MPs fault.

I know some of the managers want you to believe that results are down to them, usually when the team has won, as it helps to enhances their wages, but all this standing up and ranting on the sidelines is just a circus act has almost no effect on what happens on the pitch. The coach/manager is largely powerless...

Because it usually (note usually) is. Ok genius - explain how 3 of the most influential players that won us this game where left out against Brighton and many other games? Clearly their fault for not making the effort from the bench! This clown would not have picked this team in a million years if he job was not under threat. However if you think he's doing a great job, then good luck to you.

I don't disagree with you in principal, but I hope we steer clear of Silva (unless to the end of this season only as a desperate measure if things continue to go down the pan) as he has probably shown his true colours at Watford spending half his time there contemplating his next move to Everton.

Surely if he wanted to go to Everton he could have just resigned?

The Brighton team showed one change from the team that played well in the previous game against Watford so why make loads of changes

The made two changes and brought in a new player yesterday

Attacking players still not scoring is our main problem at the moment

Surely if he wanted to go to Everton he could have just resigned?

If he had resigned, pretty certain he wouldn’t have been allowed to simply then join Everton as the contract he signed with Watford wouldn’t allow this and Watford would still hold his registration.

If he had resigned, pretty certain he wouldn’t have been allowed to simply then join Everton as the contract he signed with Watford wouldn’t allow this and Watford would still hold his registration.

That doesn’t seem to work for us when our managers choose to go elsewhere.

That doesn’t seem to work for us when our managers choose to go elsewhere.

Because our board accepts the compensation offered by the club who wants them. In Watford’s case they refused to do this. You could argue this was wrong as they ended up sacking him anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, Pellegrine is a game changer, introducing sim and Gabb to save a point. Well done.

Going a goal down was the game changer, because Pellegrino was forced into making changes. If he'd actually tried to be positive (like Dyche was at St. Mary's), then it might have been three points instead of just one.

• 2 weeks later...