Wigan Away Match Thread

Goalie66

This is outrageous. ****ing **** **** ******s tossing ****ty sticky for something that is ****ting well not ****ing confirmed.

What has the world come to. I’m so ****ing dissapointed. What a ****ty travesty this thread is.

Oh no wait, it was just someone trying to share news they saw on an official club website.

This is outrageous. ****ing **** **** ******s tossing ****ty sticky for something that is ****ting well not ****ing confirmed.

What has the world come to. I’m so ****ing dissapointed. What a ****ty travesty this thread is.

Oh no wait, it was just someone trying to share news they saw on an official club website.

i think you're missing the point, or just being a ****?

On sale dates:

Monday 5th March – 2017/18 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least 4 away games from this season

Tuesday 6th March – 2017/18 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least 3 away games from this season

Wednesday 7th March – 2017/18 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least 2 away games from this season

Thursday 8th March – 2017/18 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least 1 away game from this season

Friday 9th March – 2017/18 Season Ticket holders

Monday 12th March – 2017/18 Official Members

Tuesday 13th March – General Sale

All sales dates are subject to remaining ticket availability.

Ticket prices:

£20 for Adults

£15 for Over-65s

£10 for Under-18s

£5 for Under-11s

On Saints OS now. 13:30 Sunday. [smugmodeon] As I predicted frequently. [smigmodeoff]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’ll be joining you in smug mode :)

In all fairness, there was a reason for it not being on any day! But we all agreed Saturday was the least likely date, so everyone was correct (to an extent)

Quick q for those more knowledgeable than I am - how many tickets do you expect us to receive (Man City had the entire stand behind the goal, didn't they?) and do you think we will sell out quickly?

I went years back (early 2014, I think - Morgan put us 2-1 up before Maloney equalised) and I seem to remember us having the majority of the stand behind the goal for that Championship match. Took a decent number up for a League game, but it was a 3pm Sat.

Quick q for those more knowledgeable than I am - how many tickets do you expect us to receive (Man City had the entire stand behind the goal, didn't they?) and do you think we will sell out quickly?

I went years back (early 2014, I think - Morgan put us 2-1 up before Maloney equalised) and I seem to remember us having the majority of the stand behind the goal for that Championship match. Took a decent number up for a League game, but it was a 3pm Sat.

They have to offer us 15% which is about 3700. But we may not take them as lots will struggle to get there by train for the early ko.

It could be like WBA too, where we had to take whole blocks so it was 2800 or 5000.

Edited by Shroppie

As we have only played there once before I think we will take a large number with us. I think we took about 5K in 2014 as everyone wanted to cross it off their list.

2013 just after Poch took over. 2-2 draw. Tickets available at the gate on the day.

Wigan went on to win cup and get relegated. We headed for the dizzy heights and Europe.

History can only repeat one of those scenarios for the victors !

2013. Tickets were available on the day.

Anyone know how plentiful parking is in the area? Will probably drive up. I suppose one can always park in the town centre and walk from there
From footballgroundguide

Car Parking

There is a good sized car park located at the ground behind the away stand, which costs £4. The entrance to this car park is off Bescot Crescent next to the Park Inn Hotel and is signposted as 'Blue Zone'. The car park which is for the use of visiting supporters only (there are two other car parks available at the ground for home fans), normally lends itself to a quick getaway after the match. More or less opposite the away end is*Bescot Railway Station, which also offers pay and display car parking for £2. Alternatively, there is some street parking to be had off Wallowes Lane.There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the Banks's*Stadium via*YourParkingSpace.co.uk.

As expected, the cost of rail tickets from London has rocketed since the draw was made. Not that it changes anything but anyone know why they waited to advise date and time until the first of the replays had been played?

They were waiting until seeing if Swansea or Sheffield Wednesday got through. If Sheff Wed had won, their match would have been on the Sunday, since Sheffield United play at home on the Saturday. As Swansea got through, there are no scheduling issues and our game was able to be put on the Sunday.

As expected, the cost of rail tickets from London has rocketed since the draw was made. Not that it changes anything but anyone know why they waited to advise date and time until the first of the replays had been played?

Only gone up slightly from what i've seen, there's still tickets there for about £66, admittedly it's not the £40 return that i found on the day we went through but still not a massive jump.