The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

To be fair, you did ask him the question.

I am guessing you are buddies with Weston as well as Turkish? Makes sense.

Yeah we’re all mates. Meeting up for a few bevies tonight where the big titted mix raced barmaid will serve us some beers and we’ll talk about you all night 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yeah we’re all mates. Meeting up for a few bevies tonight where the big titted mix raced barmaid will serve us some beers and we’ll talk about you all night 

Half 6 at the Four Horseshoes? 

2 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Let’s be honest, it’s a pretty rubbish ‘nickname’. I was hoping for better.

It’s one of the shitest ones I’ve ever heard to be honest. Amusing aintclever latched onto it like it was a master stroke in mongboard sledging though 

3 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Let’s be honest, it’s a pretty rubbish ‘nickname’. I was hoping for better.

I am quite happy with it. Please tell me... What would be a better one??

Edited by Tamesaint

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Sorry lads, running a bit late at work, but I'm on my way now so should be there in about twenty mins.

Sort me out with a pint if my usual Bacardi and Coke and I'll see you at the bar.

See you shortly pal, egg, weston and I are two pints in already we’ve got a lot to talk about this week! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

It’s one of the shitest ones I’ve ever heard to be honest. Amusing aintclever latched onto it like it was a master stroke in mongboard sledging though 

He says using a hilarious ‘nickname’ he copied from Porky. :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

At least it didn’t need explaining, it’s pretty obvious why you’re called it

Brilliant! From the guy who’s best contribution to the climate change thread was “my mate Dave is on holiday in Greece and he said it’s not too hot”. :lol:

Stick to chicks with dicks mate, that’s your level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Brilliant! From the guy who’s best contribution to the climate change thread was “my mate Dave is on holiday in Greece and he said it’s not too hot”. :lol:

Stick to chicks with dicks mate, that’s your level.

Yes that’s exactly what I said 🤦‍♂️

31 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Sorry lads, running a bit late at work, but I'm on my way now so should be there in about twenty mins.

Sort me out with a pint if my usual Bacardi and Coke and I'll see you at the bar.

I can’t make it tonight lads as me anger management class. But hope it doesn’t kick off with those Sotonian cunts again

10 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

This stuff ought to be on the Israel page and I posted this there earlier in the discussion, but in case you missed it here it is again. It puts the case about the use of the anti-semitism label as a weapon better than I do.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/opinions/2023/6/22/weaponisation-of-anti-semitism-is-bad-for-palestinians-and-jews

Back on topic, here’s hoping for a right royal pasting for the Tories in the by elections today. It would seem that the GE is Starmer’s to lose right now. His situation has been likened to carrying a Ming vase across an ice rink in the run up. You can see he is doing all he can to appeal to the floating voters and the disaffected Tory voters to the extent that there is currently little clear water between the two parties policy wise other than they f*cked it up, now it’s our turn.

It will be interesting to see the party manifestos when they are published as I doubt if there will be little in Labour’s that will frighten the horses. As Starmer says himself, he is laser focused on winning the election and, to that end, seems more concerned on gaining the trust of people who haven’t voted Labour for a while, probably at the expense of some old, hardened dyed in the wool Labour voters. 

The issue over child care is a case in point. It is clearly something you would expect Labour to reverse immediately but in order to show voters that there will be fiscal responsibility under Labour, Starmer has taken a very unpopular decision   not to reverse the policy for a time. In doing so he has weighed up the unpopularity that it will cause amongst his base support against new votes from elsewhere. On this one I think he is wrong. There are certain things you expect from a Labour government and helping children out of poverty is one of them. It just helps the argument that Starmer is a Tory in Labour clothing, which I don't believe that he is.

As for Farage, what a lot of fuss about nothing. Businesses are entitled to pick and choose who they do business with. Coutts is an apex business and the only surprising thing is that they did business with Farage at all given his reputation. I can only imagine they took him on before he was internationally recognised as a scumbag. NatWest is where he belongs, with the rest of us plebs 😉

It’s been pointed out to you a few times that there will be a range of views within any group of people. That applies to both sides of a dispute. So, both sides will have ranges leading to extremism. And where extremist elements of both sides will try to gain an advantage.

Bear that range in mind.

The article states “To assume that a Jewish person in New York has “loyalty” to Israel – or is responsible for its actions – is undoubtedly anti-Semitic.”

Yet you’ve spent recent days telling us that:-

“You would expect Jewish people to feel aggrieved if members of a political party were sympathetic towards the Palestinians wouldn’t you?”

“Perhaps look further into the reasons why 87% of Jewish people in the UK support that view.”

“Jewish people have done a better job with the label “antisemitic”

And the show stopping, reassessment of the holocaust with…

“If you can’t see the difference between the prejudice shown against Jewish people under the Nazis in the 1930s and 40s and people supporting Palestinians now.”

So, the author of the article would consider you to be anti semitic. Because blaming all Jewish people is exactly what you‘ve been doing.

That’s a writer on a platform that was only too happy to let a guy have his own show who supported the suicide bombing of Israelis, and that it was the will of Allah that Jewish people were killed by Hitler.

You’ve only just been able to separate Israeli policy from Jewish people. Instead of this article being brought out as a point of discussion, it comes across as simply cover for your actual views quoted above.

And that doesn’t even work, because the author finds your view to be anti-semitic too. Just like the president of Palestine example from yesterday, who didn’t share them. Your views are defintiely not shared by the person he’s discussing in the article either. Going by the article, she was at pains to specifically not endorse the things that you’re doing here.

Oh, and on…

“Businesses are entitled to pick and choose who they do business with.”

Actually, there’s equality acts that tell them that’s exactly what they can’t do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Even Ben Wallace is leaving the sinking ship. Then again, he is part of the reason it is sinking.

Lots of good PR, little to show for it.

Victim mindset - things are Terrible it’s all someone else’s fault

optimist mindset things are okay but one day it’ll get better 

warrior mindset I know I’m going to face challenges but I’m looking forward to overcoming them and whatever happens I’ll be better for it

8 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The entire Tory party is terrible.

Is there anyone on here that backs them?
I asked a couple of weeks back and no one piped up.

Rishie Sunak does, he is a Saints Supporter so must be on this site with some name or other.

8 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

The entire Tory party is terrible.

Is there anyone on here that backs them?
I asked a couple of weeks back and no one piped up.

What you don’t think they got the big decisions right? Only thing they have in their favour is press still largely supportive. Imagine if Starmer had a budget like Truss’s - they’d be out of power for decade with press constantly reminding of doesn’t understand economics? These cunts just print Rishi is going to solve it after championing ‘Liz’. Although I truly cannot imagine what it must be like to be an Express reader and get headlines like this,

Really chimes with the electorate - maybe a sixth pledge to stop the woke banks?

IMG_0091.jpeg

• Like 2

Rishi has been badly miscast in a poorly-written soap.

Boris was great at lying, an expert experienced in making up the maddest shit on the spot and parroting the craziest party lines with such belief that even sensible people started to question the actual facts.

Rishi is just rubbish at lying, you can tell he doesn't believe them himself and the scripts they are asking him to deliver are not plausible.

Stop the boats, integrity and transparency, we lead the world, delivering for the British people, union paymasters, Labour will crash the economy, Starmer flip-flopping etc - and now Woke banks?

It's laughable, they really are scraping the bottom of the messaging barrel and they no longer have the distracting clown frontman to carry it off.

This is just a short guy telling fibs - it looks like a modest legal practice is missing a conveyancer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whelk said:

What you don’t think they got the big decisions right? Only thing they have in their favour is press still largely supportive. Imagine if Starmer had a budget like Truss’s - they’d be out of power for decade with press constantly reminding of doesn’t understand economics? These cunts just print Rishi is going to solve it after championing ‘Liz’. Although I truly cannot imagine what it must be like to be an Express reader and get headlines like this,

Really chimes with the electorate - maybe a sixth pledge to stop the woke banks?

IMG_0091.jpeg

Did their sports writers even watch the dire, turgid, disjointed match where England beat Haiti 1-0 ?

Hardly "Roarsome".

Edited by badgerx16

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

Did their sports writers even watch the dire, turgid, disjointed match where England beat Haiti 1-0 ?

Hardly "Roarsome".

If the men’s team had played like that they’d get roasted 

Suella Braverman, yet again, shows us what a despicable, heartless person she is. This is the person lining up to be the next leader of the Tory Party. Don’t let anyone tell you that this isn’t a far right leaning party.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/23/suella-braverman-refuses-plea-of-man-barred-from-uk-to-be-reunited-with-son-siyabonga-twala

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Suella Braverman, yet again, shows us what a despicable, heartless person she is. This is the person lining up to be the next leader of the Tory Party. Don’t let anyone tell you that this isn’t a far right leaning party.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/23/suella-braverman-refuses-plea-of-man-barred-from-uk-to-be-reunited-with-son-siyabonga-twala

Or alternative view is Home Secretary steps in to stop convicted drug dealer banned from the UK from reentering. Some of the shit you spout beggars belief 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Or alternative view is Home Secretary steps in to stop convicted drug dealer banned from the UK from reentering. Some of the shit you spout beggars belief 

Correction, he wasn't banned from the UK, his one offence wasn't originally deemed servere enough. He has now effectively been banned by the back door. There is a massive difference.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

This smells of Braverman wanting to start a fight with the supreme court. 

I wonder whether there are members on the Government front bench looking enviously at Netanyahu's latest fit of pique.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I wonder whether there are members on the Government front bench looking enviously at Netanyahu's latest fit of pique.

There will be a few that's for sure and plenty more in the back benches, the ones a strong leader could ignore. But unfortunately Sunak feels he needs to keep on board, to stop a big tory party bust up.

5 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Sunak claiming today that Labour are on the side of criminal gangs is just pathetic and desperate nonsense.

He's evolved into a small clueless man who will spout any mad shit to try and look big.

obviously, you have no issue with this...if you did, I apologise, but please re-quote your post...

F15NEcuWIAIGY0V.jpeg

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

If you read the right wing press you wouldn't know that ULEZ was invented by Boris Johnson and the expansion was required by Grant Shapps as part of the post covid bail out settlement. 

It was, but also read somewhere that their boundary was the north and south circular... No idea if the latest scheme is within those...

Still, you can kill as many people as you like with your 4x4 emission, just got to pay £15 for the thrill of it.

16 hours ago, Fan The Flames said:

Correction, he wasn't banned from the UK, his one offence wasn't originally deemed servere enough. He has now effectively been banned by the back door. There is a massive difference.

He clearly didn’t bother to to read the article properly, or if he did then perhaps he had the same mindset as Braverman. As stated, this man is not a threat to society and his one misdemeanour concerns a drug a lot milder and more widespread than that used by a number of MPs (Michael Gove being one). It is also below the threshold of non readmittance. Braverman (and Turkish it would appear) are trying to tell us that this man is akin to Pablo Escobar 🙄. Nasty, nasty people with a deeply unpleasant agenda. Who separates a parent from their child under such flimsy circumstances?