The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

15 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Robert Jenrick making the big decisions to stop the migrants

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66132158

( And renforcing the fact that he is a complete twat ).

That’s fucking heartless.

Look at their poor little faces, a little bit of Donald Duck or Micky Mouse would really help them settle in. 

IMG_6803.jpeg

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

That’s fucking heartless.

Look at their poor little faces, a little bit of Donald Duck or Micky Mouse would really help them settle in. 

IMG_6803.jpeg

And you take today's prize for being a complete arsehole.

Congratulations.

What part of 'unaccompanied children' did you not understand?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

And you take today's prize for being a complete arsehole.

Congratulations.

What part of 'unaccompanied children' did you not understand?

He votes for the likes of the “Iron Lady”, Johnson, Farage and UKIP so don’t expect him to have a shred of compassion for frightened unaccompanied children pitching up in a foreign land. It’s the likes of Duckhunter that Patel and Braverman speak to because they know that is what he likes to hear. More red meat for the nation’s knuckle draggers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

He votes for the likes of the “Iron Lady”, Johnson, Farage and UKIP so don’t expect him to have a shred of compassion for frightened unaccompanied children pitching up in a foreign land. 

Thanks for yet again proving how clueless you are, and how your ridiculous “right wing” pony is based on pure ignorance.

Boris is pro immigration, has always been pro immigration. He’s even proposed an amnesty for illegal immigrants in the past, something that Starmer won’t be talking about anytime soon. Boris is probably nearer your position than Starmer is, yet because he’s a Tory who voted Leave he’s “hard right” in your child like view of politics. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Perhaps they should have stayed in France then. I believe they’ve got Asterix cartoons on the walls of their detention centres. 

Even Nigel Farage called it ‘mean’. It does nothing to deter those organising or contemplating boat crossings but might be a small help to young children left in a scenario not of their own making in a distressing situation.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/all-the-times-robert-jenrick-has-faced-corruption-charges-260587/

Simply trying to compete with Braverman the Buffoon, his boss (can you imagine?). Robert should get his own house in order - allegedly involved in tax evasion and expenses problems which have already triggered one resignation https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/all-the-times-robert-jenrick-has-faced-corruption-charges-260587/

• Like 1

People are deluded if they think the Tory party actually want lower immigration. They’ve  into  “immigration increases GDP” even more than the Labour Party. Obviously, the party of business want higher immigration, it’s good for business. They just pretend they’re trying to control it & soft arsed lefties like Soggy buy into that narrative just as much as the “knuckle draggers” he so despises do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

People are deluded if they think the Tory party actually want lower immigration. They’ve  into  “immigration increases GDP” even more than the Labour Party. Obviously, the party of business want higher immigration, it’s good for business. They just pretend they’re trying to control it & soft arsed lefties like Soggy buy into that narrative just as much as the “knuckle draggers” he so despises do. 

You really are deluded if you think that the Tory government of the last few years have the interests of business at the heart of their policies. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

You really are deluded if you think that the Tory government of the last few years have the interests of business at the heart of their policies. 

When it comes to immigration they have. They were forced by the people to curb free movement, but they’re addicted to cheap immigrant labour and have been for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Even Nigel Farage called it ‘mean’. It does nothing to deter those organising or contemplating boat crossings but might be a small help to young children left in a scenario not of their own making in a distressing situation.

It’s a sad state of affairs when you have to spell something out like this to a grown man with children of his own.

I wonder if he would have said the same about the Kinder-transport children down at his local ale house if he had been around in the late 30’s?

9 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

When it comes to immigration they have. They were forced by the people to curb free movement, but they’re addicted to cheap immigrant labour and have been for years. 

"Forced by the people" 😁😁😁

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Depends which part of the Tory party it is. Hunt and the Treasury - they want immigration as the economy and health/social care need it badly, and are not viable without it. Along with the cost of materials houses aren’t getting built at the rates needed either.

The Braverman/ERG element don’t care about the economy or services - they are making their pitch to the most rabid of local associations to get the leadership in opposition after 2025. If immigration is the method and they sound like Enoch Powell, fine from their perspective.

Jenrick is just saying anything to compete with his boss (Braverman).

Edited by Gloucester Saint
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I wonder if he would have said the same about the Kinder-transport children down at his local ale house if he had been around in the late 30’s?

Writes a bloke that spent all day researching whether the Jews are a race, blames “The Jews” for Israeli atrocities and compared the holocaust to the bullying of gingers. Being lectured on anti semitism by Soggy is the equivalent of Keith Richards suggesting you curb your drug use….

On 09/07/2023 at 11:07, Lord Duckhunter said:

Writes a bloke that spent all day researching whether the Jews are a race, blames “The Jews” for Israeli atrocities and compared the holocaust to the bullying of gingers. Being lectured on anti semitism by Soggy is the equivalent of Keith Richards suggesting you curb your drug use….

So “Jews” are not Israelis? Where did I compare the Holocaust to the bullying of gingers? You really are quite stupid. I think we have finally gotten to the bottom of why you write so much nonsense. You have been schooled in the use of drugs by Keith Richards.

If you back back and read what Diane Abbot said she made absolutely NO reference to the Holocaust. Her argument was that only black people experience racism whereas (some) white people experience a different type of prejudice but not racism. She name checked four different groups of white people who experience prejudice. How you have turned this into what you have said above can only been down to the extensive  use of illegal substances and compulsive. obsessive masturbation over pictures of Margaret Thatcher clutching her handbag.

As for whether Jewishness is a religion or a race, I am surprised that an American High Cour judge had to rule on the question. All we had to do was to ask you. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

As for whether Jewishness is a religion or a race,....

Are Catholicism, Islam, or the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints religions or races ?

It is possible to convert to Judaism - does that change your 'race' ?

8 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Soggy, stop it.

I am not sure if this is deliberate or stupidity but you need to go away and rethink how you express your opinions on this subject.

I think we all know the answer to that. Soggy is the world's greatest wind up merchant that has everyone wrapped around his little finger.  Ask Tamesaint, he'll tell ya.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I think we all know the answer to that. Soggy is the world's greatest wind up merchant that has everyone wrapped around his little finger.  Ask Tamesaint, he'll tell ya.

the mask has well and truly slipped. Some of us called it years ago and now more and more people are seeing him for what he is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

So “Jews” are not Israelis? Where did I compare the Holocaust to the bullying of gingers? You really are quite stupid. I think we have finally gotten to the bottom of why you write so much nonsense. You have been schooled in the use of drugs by Keith Richards.

If you back back and read what Diane Abbot said she made absolutely NO reference to the Holocaust.

16 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Soggy, stop it.

I am not sure if this is deliberate or stupidity but you need to go away and rethink how you express your opinions on this subject.

For the record, SoG doesn’t consider it to be anti-semitism *unless* the holocaust is specifically mentioned, with “Can you show me where she denied the Holocaust?”

Never mind the many centuries of other forms or discrimination and persecution. They don't count when defending Abbott. Even when Abbott’s long history of racist, discriminatory comments was pointed out, SoG didn’t want to know.

Abbott had “deliberately lobbed a hand grenade at Starmer before the council elections” and was bravely “trying to redefine what we think we know racism to be.” When the massive flaws in Abbott’s views were pointed out, SoG considered them to be “semantics.”

That's because SoG agreed with Abbott’s view that on the hierarchy of discrimination, and the levels of importance to be given to each rung on it with “If you believe that there is no hierarchy when it comes to bigotry, prejudice and discrimination and that Diane Abbott was wrong…”

SoG then focused on why, in his view, it was only the Jewish aspect of Abbott’s comments that were the focus of the response. SoG said ““Interesting that it has now distilled down to just an issue about Jewish people when she grouped together various other types who also face bigotry, discrimination and prejudice” and “…but there doesn’t seem to be such a backlash from the Irish, travellers or redheads.” That is a well worn anti-semitic path to be going down.  

This was all before SoG was the only person on the planet to see the part of a newspaper cartoon that wasn’t anti-semitic, and defend it. It was also before the inevitable entry onto a thread about Israel, where he clumsily confused Jewish people with Israeli policy.

The flaws and implications of the posts have been pointed out numerous times.

I know I pointed out that with 3 posts a day, and perhaps a lot to get in/ time constraints, things might not come across as intended. But there comes a point when that can’t apply over numerous posts.

I get that we probably all have things we instinctively like to defend, whether through upbringing, or allegiances on other areas, such as general political support. I note “Corbyn”, “Abbott” and the “Guardian” in the above, for example. I’d advise that if those trigger words come up, that a step back is taken and that a response is carefully worded. The best way not to be labelled a toxic anti-semite, is to not post like one, or reinforce earlier posts that are.

There’s a wide group of people on this forum waving warning flags, pointing out the obvious, frankly horrific, implications of the thoughts being defended.  Hopefully, they’re not all automatically grouped into some gang out to get SoG.

Anyway, back on the subject of the bloated and corrupt Russian-backed Eton clusterfuck, is the lying serial shagger still playing a blinder?

If he is, it's time he got a fucking guide dog because his whole career is starting to look like the slowest car crash on record.

Now let's see what mad shit is on his WhatsApp.... 🍿

• Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 22:36, badgerx16 said:

Soggy, stop it.

What do Palestinians living within the state of Israel identify as? Israeli’s? It is a genuine question because I really don’t know and it seems that if you assume that when you are talking about Israel as a state and their policies that you are talking about Jewish policies.

As for Judaism,  it is clearly a religion but there is also a debate about whether Jews are a “race” too. Duckie seems to have had his cage rattled by the fact that I spent some time one day looking into the question. Guess what, it seems there is no definitive answer. There are plenty of papers published online arguing that they are and plenty arguing that they are not. The reason I mentioned the American High Court judge is that one of them made a ruling that they were. It would appear that the issue is not clear cut.

My opinions on this subject are quite simple. I have no problem at all with the religion or Jewish people. I have a problem with the way their Government are handling the issues with the Palestinians. I think that there are an awful lot of people who feel the same. To label us all as antisemitic is disingenuous  and ridiculous. As I have pointed out before, I think people can  see the difference between hating Putin and his regime but not hating the Russian people but as soon as you criticise the Israeli governments actions against the Palestinians you are labelled antisemitic! 

28 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

What do Palestinians living within the state of Israel identify as? Israeli’s? Many of them - yes, Palestinian by nationality but Israeli by citizenship.

It is a genuine question because I really don’t know and it seems that if you assume that when you are talking about Israel as a state and their policies that you are talking about Jewish policies. Exactly. It is not Jewish policies, but the policies of a particular group of political parties, propped up by some fairly radical religious extremists. There is plenty of internal opposition to what the Israelis are doing in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Just take a bit more care with how you phrase things.

As for Judaism,  it is clearly a religion but there is also a debate about whether Jews are a “race” too. Duckie seems to have had his cage rattled by the fact that I spent some time one day looking into the question. Guess what, it seems there is no definitive answer. There are plenty of papers published online arguing that they are and plenty arguing that they are not. The reason I mentioned the American High Court judge is that one of them made a ruling that they were. It would appear that the issue is not clear cut. Jews as classically imagined are not, themselves, a race, but are one of the Semitic peoples, a term developed in the 18th century to group peoples of Middle Eastern descent which includes amongst others the Arabs.

My opinions on this subject are quite simple. I have no problem at all with the religion or Jewish people. I have a problem with the way their Government are handling the issues with the Palestinians. I think that there are an awful lot of people who feel the same. To label us all as antisemitic is disingenuous  and ridiculous. As I have pointed out before, I think people can  see the difference between hating Putin and his regime but not hating the Russian people but as soon as you criticise the Israeli governments actions against the Palestinians you are labelled antisemitic! In which case make it clear that it is the Israeli Government's, and not 'Jewish', policies you take objection to. ( As per the answer above, technically the policies enacted against the Palestinians are 'Anti-Semitic'. The term itself has just become a lazy trope ).

Edited by badgerx16

I know you get all MLG about these things, but I assume when talking about Israeli policies or Jewish policies that they are the same thing. Arabs living within the state of Israel have hardly any input into political decisions and the Israeli government is voted for by its people, who are predominately Jewish. Surely it is a given that Israeli policies are effectively Jewish policies (with the understanding that not every Jew is in favour of every policy just as with Brexit, it is UK policy and affects millions but is not supported by all).

As I have said before, we talk about WW2 as being at war with Germany not Hilter’s Nazi Party but we accept that not all Germans supported the war.

Russia have invaded Ukraine not Putin but we accept that not all Russians support the war.

When Argentina invaded the Falkland Isles it was perfectly acceptable to criticise the invasion without being labelled as hating all South Americans.

We use these generalisations all the time. Sadly some on here chose to misinterpret those as antisemitism when talking about issues in the Middle East.

Your point about the Jewish people is interesting but does not give a definitive answer as to whether they are actually a race or not and even many of their own faith cannot decide. Clearly there are people of the same faith who are, genetically, of a different “race”, so that raises questions if you are looking for a clear definition. As I said before, Google it and you will find many different views.

The issue, I believe, grew from whether Jewish people could be subjected to “racism” if they were not actually a “race”. The same has been said about Muslims. As we know, not all Muslims are Arabic. 

The term racist seems to be the issue here and it all comes down to semantics. It has more clout than “something phobic”. If you label someone a racists it has more punch than, say, Islamophobic, as you are directing it at someone’s genetic make up rather than their religious belief (or sexual orientation).

Conversely, Jewish people have done a better job with the label “antisemitic” as that, arguably, now carries more of a pejorative punch than “racist”.

The point of all this rambling is that I think the problem with Abbot’s last letter is that she is trying to make out that one kind of discrimination is worse than another. My argument is that discrimination is discrimination no matter what other label you put on it. 

Racism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia etc. are all just types of discrimination and are, as I see it, equally as unacceptable (read this twice Weston).

Fortunately now we have stopped going through periods where we either burnt Catholics or Protestants at the stake for heresy, but their persecution came from exactly the same place as the persecution of black people in the southern states of America or the persecution of the Jews, Slavs, homosexuals etc in some European countries in the mid 20th century or the ethnic cleansing of the more recent Balkan war.

To my mind, Abbot’s mistake was not one of antisemitic prose on this occasion, but to try and differentiate between prejudice aimed at black people and prejudice aimed at white people and that one was fundamentally different because it was based a skin colour (race). Clearly it isn’t, but she wasn’t saying that white people do not face discrimination too.

If you are that hung up on our use of language, perhaps you should request that the thread entitled “Israel” clarifies whether it covers the actual landmass and all those living within it, or the current actions of the elected Jewish government?

Ramble over 😉

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I know you get all MLG about these things, but I assume when talking about Israeli policies or Jewish policies that they are the same thing. Arabs living within the state of Israel have hardly any input into political decisions and the Israeli government is voted for by its people, who are predominately Jewish. Surely it is a given that Israeli policies are effectively Jewish policies (with the understanding that not every Jew is in favour of every policy just as with Brexit, it is UK policy and affects millions but is not supported by all).

As I have said before, we talk about WW2 as being at war with Germany not Hilter’s Nazi Party but we accept that not all Germans supported the war.

Russia have invaded Ukraine not Putin but we accept that not all Russians support the war.

When Argentina invaded the Falkland Isles it was perfectly acceptable to criticise the invasion without being labelled as hating all South Americans.

We use these generalisations all the time. Sadly some on here chose to misinterpret those as antisemitism when talking about issues in the Middle East.

Your point about the Jewish people is interesting but does not give a definitive answer as to whether they are actually a race or not and even many of their own faith cannot decide. Clearly there are people of the same faith who are, genetically, of a different “race”, so that raises questions if you are looking for a clear definition. As I said before, Google it and you will find many different views.

The issue, I believe, grew from whether Jewish people could be subjected to “racism” if they were not actually a “race”. The same has been said about Muslims. As we know, not all Muslims are Arabic. 

The term racist seems to be the issue here and it all comes down to semantics. It has more clout than “something phobic”. If you label someone a racists it has more punch than, say, Islamophobic, as you are directing it at someone’s genetic make up rather than their religious belief (or sexual orientation).

Conversely, Jewish people have done a better job with the label “antisemitic” as that, arguably, now carries more of a pejorative punch than “racist”.

The point of all this rambling is that I think the problem with Abbot’s last letter is that she is trying to make out that one kind of discrimination is worse than another. My argument is that discrimination is discrimination no matter what other label you put on it. 

Racism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia etc. are all just types of discrimination and are, as I see it, equally as unacceptable (read this twice Weston).

Fortunately now we have stopped going through periods where we either burnt Catholics or Protestants at the stake for heresy, but their persecution came from exactly the same place as the persecution of black people in the southern states of America or the persecution of the Jews, Slavs, homosexuals etc in some European countries in the mid 20th century or the ethnic cleansing of the more recent Balkan war.

To my mind, Abbot’s mistake was not one of antisemitic prose on this occasion, but to try and differentiate between prejudice aimed at black people and prejudice aimed at white people and that one was fundamentally different because it was based a skin colour (race). Clearly it isn’t, but she wasn’t saying that white people do not face discrimination too.

If you are that hung up on our use of language, perhaps you should request that the thread entitled “Israel” clarifies whether it covers the actual landmass and all those living within it, or the current actions of the elected Jewish government?

Ramble over 😉

Coming from someone who had repeatedly labelled people racists and far right for basically having a view slightly differently to yours this is quite frankly an incredible post. Absolutely hilarious lack of self awareness 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I know you get all MLG about these things, but I assume when talking about Israeli policies or Jewish policies that they are the same thing.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out where Soggy gets his disturbed views from, really no idea.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/ofcom-finds-lbc-broke-broadcast-rules-with-jewish-embassy-reports/

Announcing its findings on Monday an Ofcom spokesperson said: “Our investigation found that LBC News broke our rules on due accuracy in news and offence, by repeatedly describing the Israeli Embassy as the ‘Jewish Embassy’ during three news reports.

“Given these reports aired at a time of increasing antisemitic attacks against Jewish communities in London, we considered it was particularly important that these reports were accurate. We also recognised the clear offence this conflation was likely to cause to listeners.”

No idea at all :suspicious:

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I know you get all MLG about these things, but I assume when talking about Israeli policies or Jewish policies that they are the same thing.

Why? Judaism is a religion. Israel is a country. It shouldn't be difficult to comprehend that. 

About 80% of the population of India are Hindu's. About 74% of the population of Israel are Jewish. Most of the Hindu's in the world live on India. Many of the Jews in the world live in Israel.

If you can separate India the country from Hinduism the religion (I'm giving you credit assuming in that you do), why can't you make the same separation between Israel and Judaism? 

Edited by egg
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Turkish said:

Coming from someone who had repeatedly labelled people racists and far right for basically having a view slightly differently to yours this is quite frankly an incredible post. Absolutely hilarious lack of self awareness 

Quite. I brought this up with him before on another thread. He failed to acknowledge or reply. It is painfully clear this person has sever double standards issues. It is high way or no way.

4 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Quite. I brought this up with him before on another thread. He failed to acknowledge or reply. It is painfully clear this person has sever double standards issues. It is high way or no way.

I assume that you are referring to me?

If so, have you watched the excellent programme “Succession”? The lead character, Logan Roy, based very much on Rupert Murdoch, dismisses his overly entitled and completely deluded children as “not serious people”.

There are a small group of posters here who usually follow each other round and jump all over posters who dare to call out far right policies and agendas. Whether they are racists or not, who knows, but they tend to get very agitated if you call out anything remotely connected with far right thinking. They are not what you could call “serious people”.

Double standards? I am not sure what you mean by that. Where is a double standard in calling out Patel and Braverman for their appalling policies on migrants and asylum seekers? Where is the double standard in calling out those who criticise footballers who decided to do something to highlight racism in football? Where is the double standard in calling out the likes of Johnson and Farage for their lies and misinformation during the Brexit campaign? Where is the double standard in calling out people who hold views that are based on self interest and benefit a few rather than our society as a whole?

It is pointless bothering with this small group of people because they have no interest in having a serious discussion, they are mostly just on the wind up. They don’t read what you post and respond to what they think that you have posted according to their filters. One of them has already been kicked off of another forum for disruption and another has had two different identities here already, he must be due another one soon.

If you constantly post anything vaguely left of centre on a regular basis you can guarantee that the same names will respond, sometimes within seconds of you posting. Try mentioning the likes of Katie Hopkins, Tommy Robinson, Lawrence Fox or any other far right mouthpiece and it is like throwing chum into a tank filled with sharks. When you call them out for supporting the far right, they accuse you of calling them racist (if the cap fits…). In the same way, if you call out the Israeli foreign policy against the Palestinians on the West Bank they label you anti-Semitic. As I say, they are not “serious people”.

“It is high way or no way”. What does that even mean? Having read some of your other posts, I get the feeling that you are right at home with this small group of people.

For the record, of course people are entitled to hold far right views just as people are entitled to challenge them. Just don’t pretend that you (they) don’t hold those views.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

...... In the same way, if you call out the Israeli foreign policy against the Palestinians on the West Bank they label you anti-Semitic.

Nobody is going to call you out as anti-Semitic for that post. At least you finally seem to be acknowledging the difference between "Israeli" and "Jewish".

48 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If so, have you watched the excellent programme “Succession”? The lead character, Logan Roy, based very much on Rupert Murdoch, dismisses his overly entitled and completely deluded children as “not serious people”.

There are a small group of posters here who usually follow each other round and jump all over posters who dare to call out far right policies and agendas. Whether they are racists or not, who knows, but they tend to get very agitated if you call out anything remotely connected with far right thinking. They are not what you could call “serious people”.

Double standards? I am not sure what you mean by that. Where is a double standard in calling out Patel and Braverman for their appalling policies on migrants and asylum seekers? Where is the double standard in calling out those who criticise footballers who decided to do something to highlight racism in football? Where is the double standard in calling out the likes of Johnson and Farage for their lies and misinformation during the Brexit campaign? Where is the double standard in calling out people who hold views that are based on self interest and benefit a few rather than our society as a whole?

It is pointless bothering with this small group of people because they have no interest in having a serious discussion, they are mostly just on the wind up. They don’t read what you post and respond to what they think that you have posted according to their filters. One of them has already been kicked off of another forum for disruption and another has had two different identities here already, he must be due another one soon.

If you constantly post anything vaguely left of centre on a regular basis you can guarantee that the same names will respond, sometimes within seconds of you posting. Try mentioning the likes of Katie Hopkins, Tommy Robinson, Lawrence Fox or any other far right mouthpiece and it is like throwing chum into a tank filled with sharks. When you call them out for supporting the far right, they accuse you of calling them racist (if the cap fits…). In the same way, if you call out the Israeli foreign policy against the Palestinians on the West Bank they label you anti-Semitic. As I say, they are not “serious people”.

“It is high way or no way”. What does that even mean? Having read some of your other posts, I get the feeling that you are right at home with this small group of people.

For the record, of course people are entitled to hold far right views just as people are entitled to challenge them. Just don’t pretend that you (they) don’t hold those views.

I think we have a full house with this one. 

Have a good Sunday Sadoldgit. I cannot stand the content what you post in general, but respect your right to have these views.

Wimbledon on the Telly box for me, then a roast 

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Nobody is going to call you out as anti-Semitic for that post. At least you finally seem to be acknowledging the difference between "Israeli" and "Jewish".

Comments like just because you suffered the holocaust doesn’t give you a free hit to persecute wasn’t his finest. 

@sadoldgit “I know you get all MLG about these things, but I assume when talking about Israeli policies or Jewish policies that they are the same thing.”

I was shaking my head after two sentences. It’s been pointed out on numerous posts about deflecting, personal digs at posters. As you’re someone who is very quick to label others for such behaviour, remember to play the post, not the poster.

@badgerx16 covered the distinction between Jewish people and Israeli policies, in the post right above your response. Right above it. You couldn’t have missed it. Other posters, including @egg, further down, have also covered this as clearly as possible for you across multiple posts.

I quote you, to make sure that I’m not misrepresenting your comments on a sensitive topic. It also allows others to make up their own minds on your views, as you share and reinforce them, across threads.

Another recurring feature is the habit of nearly recognising some of the flaws in Abbott’s statements, but not being able to help yourself agreeing with them.

Again, her long held comments (which she’s had to apologise for previously) set out a hierarchy of racism, automatically excluding many minorities from legitimacy, a voice, equality and justice. There is no “but” to be added to that, in any attempt to minimise the impact of her comments. She’s let them known before, so it’s not a case of misinterpretation.

The latest example is:-

“Racism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia etc. are all just types of discrimination and are, as I see it.” And you support that with Abbott’s hierarchy of racism argument being wrong with, “Abbot’s mistake was… to try and differentiate between prejudice.”

But then, it’s back on the minimisation of the concerns of those groups, reinforcing that hierarchy.

“Jewish people have done a better job with the label “antisemitic” as that, arguably, now carries more of a pejorative punch than “racist”.”

That just continues your “Interesting that it has now distilled down to just an issue about Jewish people when she grouped together various other types who also face bigotry, discrimination and prejudice” and “…but there doesn’t seem to be such a backlash from the Irish, travellers or redheads.”

So, Jewish people are just getting better optics when it comes to persecution and discrimination, are they? They’re doing a “better job” to make it carry more of a punch than it should?

It’s been pointed out on a number of posts just what an anti-semitic path that was. It’s very offensive. Once again, consider the impact and meaning of your words.

Tring to hand wave that offensiveness away with “semantics” and me being “hung up on our use of language” on a text-based forum, is laughable. That you don’t seem to learn from it is disappointing at best, confirmation of your actual position on the subject at worst.

Apologies to Mods and @whelk for another off-thread post on this one.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
Forgot to add a tag.
  • Like 2

🤣 great excuse.

The terrible thing is that nobody should be surprised in the slightest at the absolute weaponry going on daily in the Conservative Party. Incompetence, immorality and corruption have become the norm and we’ve got to wait another 18 months before the voting public get a chance to hold them to account for it.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Which is exactly what you do with people who post anything right of centre, hence your double standards.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, east-stand-nic said:

Which is exactly what you do with people who post anything right of centre, hence your double standards.

His lack of self awareness is staggering. Anything that is slightly even to the right of what he think and he’s labelling people racists. Who could forget the BLM protests where he denied there was any violence whatsoever and started accusing those that said there was as Tommy Robinson supporters and far right racists. Bloke is a bellend of the highest order. Repeatedly caught out lying and hides under this pretence that he’s a good guy calling out racism on a Southampton football forum.

some of us had his number years ago many more are now starting to see him for what he is. And it’s not just on here, on other forums he gets the same sort of treatment form different sets of people. when you think the problem is everyone else it usually isn’t but he’s too arrogant to realise that himself 

Edited by Turkish