Domestic-only transfer window - will Saints do any more business?

SaintJackoInHurworth

Apologies if someone else has already started a thread on this, but I couldn't see it!

Obviously the main transfer window closed on 5 October, but there is still the question of the domestic-only window which closes on 16 October. Will Saints be doing any further business in this window?

My guess is that we probably won't be buying or loaning anyone else (unless perhaps we bring in some youngsters), but I wouldn't be surprised if some of our players are sold or loaned out.

Has anyone else got any news or thoughts about this?

1 hour ago, SKD said:

0 chance of us being interested in deeney. Agent rubbish to pressure someone who might be interested into making a move 

Far be it from me to read too much into your post sir, but are we to think you believe it’s unlikely we will sign Troy Deeney?

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, Dusic said:

Neil Danns is a free agent after leaving Tranmere last season, so he could be a good midfield cover option, and could sign outside of the window.

Aside from Dannzy I can't see anyone else worth looking at.

Elliott Ward would be good, but is sadly under contract at Chelmsford City.

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Wouldn't be against that. Great player if we can get 10 games out of him. Trouble is can't see his legs not getting fucked up doing RH's high pressing game!

Indeed.  Though, if I were him I'd just go to a low intensity league, be a big fish, win some trophies and make some money - rather than struggle on in the prem.

On 11/10/2020 at 21:04, Turkish said:

Far be it from me to read too much into your post sir, but are we to think you believe it’s unlikely we will sign Troy Deeney?

I perhaps naively took from your DM that your source has indicated that the player we will be signing isn’t Deeny? Much more exciting name.... (waiting for Dave fizzy to get a hard on about this one).  

43 minutes ago, SKD said:

I perhaps naively took from your DM that your source has indicated that the player we will be signing isn’t Deeny? Much more exciting name.... (waiting for Dave fizzy to get a hard on about this one).  

No Q&A on here i'm afraid. You may or may not have a PM though.

2 hours ago, SKD said:

What you saying SKD about me? Please be nice ;)

On 11/10/2020 at 21:19, HarvSFC said:

Long and Obafemi are more effective than Deeney and they’re both currently struggling for game time, especially now with the addition of Walcott also. No thank you. 

Have to say I would disagree with this. Deeney would give us some real presence up top for a low-risk outlay, and signing him would be better than Brighton or WBA signing him, that's for sure. He scores goals and is a real handful still, which is more than Obafemi is, and the goals bit kind of rules out Long. IMHO

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DT said:

Have to say I would disagree with this. Deeney would give us some real presence up top for a low-risk outlay, and signing him would be better than Brighton or WBA signing him, that's for sure. He scores goals and is a real handful still, which is more than Obafemi is, and the goals bit kind of rules out Long. IMHO

That may be true, but on the limited budget we are on how could we possibly justify having another attacker? Particularly because if Walcott plays up top as I believe he will, we would have potentially 6 strikers. 

16 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

That may be true, but on the limited budget we are on how could we possibly justify having another attacker? Particularly because if Walcott plays up top as I believe he will, we would have potentially 6 strikers. 

Interestingly, in an interview, he said he'll be playing on the right, but might not be as black and white.

So we have sent Sims on loan to Doncaster. I wonder whether that could eventually lead to him leaving permanently next summer unless he has an absolutely brilliant season and shows he has huge potential in the Premier League.

Any other news? I would imagine it would be more about us loaning out players than anything else. What about any of these:

Tyreke Johnson?

Hesketh?

Slattery?

Lewis?

Gunn?/Forster?

Tella?

Ramsey?

Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So we have sent Sims on loan to Doncaster. I wonder whether that could eventually lead to him leaving permanently next summer unless he has an absolutely brilliant season and shows he has huge potential in the Premier League.

Any other news? I would imagine it would be more about us loaning out players than anything else. What about any of these:

Tyreke Johnson?

Hesketh?

Slattery?

Lewis?

Gunn?/Forster?

Tella?

Ramsey?

Gunn is a maybe if Stoke shift Butland.

30 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

Tyreke Johnson?

Hesketh?

Slattery?

Lewis?

Gunn?/Forster?

Tella?

Ramsey?

Hopefully, just in time for him to turn out against the fishy few this weekend

2 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

Tyreke Johnson?

Hesketh?

Slattery?

Lewis?

Gunn?/Forster?

Tella?

Ramsey?

All these players should be sent on loan and probably moved on ideally. None are really likely first eleven material for a top twelve prem club.