Diallo

washsaint

2 hours ago, igsey said:

Looked brilliant out on the right, I wonder if we'll see him there again? We were all expecting him to play alongside JWP but Romeu has arguably been our best player this season!

And even though Armstrong was good yesterday, I'm glad Ralph let Romeu complete the game, and tweak the formation slightly.

Looked really good on the ball. That turning when receiving the ball is an often underestimated quality, but it can put a team onto the front foot almost immediately.

Doesn't look like your typical powerhouse midfielder, but with that he looks to have good balance and agility with the ball.

Be interesting to see how he grows into the side. He offered so much more than Smallbone ever did in that 'Stuart Armstrong' role in those 5 mins.

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 09:41, OldNick said:

I feel exactly the same, he was good on the ball and energetic. Making probing forward passes.

Early days but

Agreed. I really liked the fact that he was demanding the ball from the moment he came on the pitch and was then looking for the forward pass rather than the 5 yard sideways pass.  That is especially impressive on your first match for a club with new teammates. It suggests someone who not only has confidence but also wants to be a starting player not just a squad player. High hopes for him and wish him the best of luck.

11 hours ago, craig said:

Agreed. I really liked the fact that he was demanding the ball from the moment he came on the pitch and was then looking for the forward pass rather than the 5 yard sideways pass.  That is especially impressive on your first match for a club with new teammates. It suggests someone who not only has confidence but also wants to be a starting player not just a squad player. High hopes for him and wish him the best of luck.

All very easy to do when you come on with 5 minutes left and your team is 2-0 up against 10 men. He did look good but will want to see what hes like when the game is tight and theres more pressure being put on him in possession

10 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

He just has that look about him of quality and confidence, mind you, so did Lemina. With that in mind I will suppress my excitement for a while yet. 

If he gives us the same as what Lemina did in his first 6 months with us then we'll all be pleased

11 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

All very easy to do when you come on with 5 minutes left and your team is 2-0 up against 10 men. He did look good but will want to see what hes like when the game is tight and theres more pressure being put on him in possession

He came on when we were 3-2 down last week and looked decent then too

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

He came on when we were 3-2 down last week and looked decent then too

In the 87th minute. Not sure you can really judge somebody on 3 and 4 minute appearances respectively. Lets get 45 minutes out of him and hopefully he shows the same promise

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 10:33, S-Clarke said:

Looked really good on the ball. That turning when receiving the ball is an often underestimated quality, but it can put a team onto the front foot almost immediately.

Doesn't look like your typical powerhouse midfielder, but with that he looks to have good balance and agility with the ball.

Be interesting to see how he grows into the side. He offered so much more than Smallbone ever did in that 'Stuart Armstrong' role in those 5 mins.

Bit early to write off Smallbone yet.