LGBT+ Discussion

Turkish

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

The same old same old from Batman. I think the give away here is “mentally ill” Batman. No one thinks that the abnormal actions of people who are mentally ill are “normal.”

Not quite as clear cut as you might think. Is he saying people who think they are women are mentally ill, which is a very different question than if someone who is mentally ill AND thinks they’re a women was doing this. 

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Not quite as clear cut as you might think. Is he saying people who think they are women are mentally ill, which is a very different question than if someone who is mentally ill AND thinks they’re a women was doing this. 

I think the author of the twitter post is a 'she' not a 'he'.  But she does have a bit of form when it comes to trans hatred....

https://meaww.com/ashley-st-clair-anti-trans-children-book-elephants-are-not-birds-sick-gender-propaganda-543581

As per the New York Post, St Clair, the author of the book says it’s an unapologetic rebuke of transgender acceptance and the growing number of young people identifying as transgender.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I think I have been moved to a parallel universe.

However, in effect a person born female ( with a fully functioning gender specific reproductive system ), has carried to term a baby, born from an egg fertilised by sperm from a person born male, ( similarly with the gender specific reproductive organs ).

Edited by badgerx16

7 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

I think I have been moved to a parallel universe.

However, in effect a person born female ( with a fully functioning gender specific reproductive system ), has carried to term a baby, born from an egg fertilised by sperm from a person born male, ( similarly with the gender specific reproductive organs ).

Welcome to our modern, progressive country where not only is this stuff normalised it’s celebrated!

1 hour ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

So about 0.000001% of the population have transitioned yet the ramming down our throats of trans rights for these people who are poorly is endless. 

I know we’ve got to be nice to them until they find a cure for it but seriously.

Edited by Turkish

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So about 0.000001% of the population have transitioned yet the ramming down our throats of trans rights for these people who are poorly is endless. 

I know we’ve got to be nice to them until they find a cure for it but seriously.

0.000001%, yet you Daily Mail lot continue to piss your pants over it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64313367

BBC News spoke to several bishops present at the meeting who said the Church's teaching that Holy Matrimony is only between one man and one woman would not change and would not be put to a vote.

I guess it's still OK to interfere with the choirboys though, just as long as they don't get married....

• Confused 1

On 23/01/2023 at 22:21, trousers said:

Now look, may just be me, but that seems an awful lot of words to just say, "you can book your free cervical screening today..."

How would phrasing it like that be offensive... 

Edited by Saint86

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

difficult to say, but there is a lot to un-pick in that article

Indeed. Assume the baby has two dads from the photo. She its a transgender gay man now that had a womb that’s just given birth to a child. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to LGBT+ Discussion