LGBT+ Discussion

Turkish

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

No, I’ll say it again slowly. It’s gay rights for gay Qataris, in Qatar. Gay Qataris have the same right to their own beliefs as Islamic fundamentalist Qataris, that’s the issue here. 

How many gay Qataris are there in a country that follows strict Sharia laws?

If there are any gay Qataris in Qatar, why the fuck are they still there?  No one is telling them they can't leave the country, just that they can't be homosexual IN the country.

Also, why is it such a big issue for you that Qatar criminalises homosexuality, yet you've never raised it as an issue for the dozens of other countries that do as well (Barbados, Jamaica, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore etc)?

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How many gay Qataris are there in a country that follows strict Sharia laws?

If there are any gay Qataris in Qatar, why the fuck are they still there?  No one is telling them they can't leave the country, just that they can't be homosexual IN the country.

Also, why is it such a big issue for you that Qatar criminalises homosexuality, yet you've never raised it as an issue for the dozens of other countries that do as well (Barbados, Jamaica, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore etc)

Homosexuality is not illegal in Barbados. 

41 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good job Alan Turing didn’t follow your logic

Edited by The Left Back

4 hours ago, egg said:

According to you, who it has fuck all to do with. Qatar domestic issues and gay rights is a matter for Qatar and it's people.

Well if you don’t give a fuck about other people’s human rights it’s never going to be an issue for you. Some people do think of others though.

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

Well if you don’t give a fuck about other people’s human rights it’s never going to be an issue for you. Some people do think of others though.

Given your noble support for the human rights of other countries, are you boycotting American products after their change to their abortion law which impact only their people? Or do gay people matter more than women to you?  Do you refuse to buy Chinese made products? Must be tough having to put back clothes made in Bangladesh? Are you lobbying your MP to stop sales of arms to Saudi Arabia?

Or are you just another div banging on about LGBTQ rights in Qatar ignorant to the fact that homosexuality was illegal in the USA until not long ago (did you spend your evenings pushing for the change, and never watch a Hollywood movie until they did it? Thought not), and that it is illegal in 60+ other countries, many of them former colonies of ours, some still in the commonwealth, but that you'll sit down and watch the matches anyway?!

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Where would he have gone?  Homosexuality was illegal in nearly every country (not sure if it was legal in any?) when Alan Turing was alive.  Unlike modern day gay Qataris, he would not have had any safe countries to go to.

He could have gone to Turkey.

Edited by badgerx16

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I am in Barbados now. 😜😜

The 2 gays in the apartment upstairs, like most couples who have been together for umpteen years, do not show affection to each other in public. They do not however go round in fear of persecution for their sexuality. Comparing countries like Barbados to Qatar in this instance is complete bollocks. 

12 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

I am in Barbados now. 😜😜

The 2 gays in the apartment upstairs, like most couples who have been together for umpteen years, do not show affection to each other in public. They do not however go round in fear of persecution for their sexuality. Comparing countries like Barbados to Qatar in this instance is complete bollocks. 

If they don't show their sexuality, how do people know what it is? Presumably though they went to Barbados knowing the laws, and probably wouldn't go to Qatar knowing the laws? From a tourist perspective, the choice is go or don't go, and if you don't like what a country has to offer, then go elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

I am in Barbados now. 😜😜

Doesn't mean it isn't illegal, as you claimed.

I'm assuming since you know for certain they are homosexual, despite showing no affection to each other in public, it's a group trip ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aintforever said:

I hope you aren’t talking about yourself as being on of those who cares about other peoples human rights issues. We all know you talk about it a lot  on here but when it comes to actually do anything that might have a negative impact on you, much like the footballers at the World Cup, suddenly it isn’t much of a priority. 

Edited by Turkish

5 hours ago, egg said:

Given your noble support for the human rights of other countries, are you boycotting American products after their change to their abortion law which impact only their people? Or do gay people matter more than women to you?  Do you refuse to buy Chinese made products? Must be tough having to put back clothes made in Bangladesh? Are you lobbying your MP to stop sales of arms to Saudi Arabia?

Or are you just another div banging on about LGBTQ rights in Qatar ignorant to the fact that homosexuality was illegal in the USA until not long ago (did you spend your evenings pushing for the change, and never watch a Hollywood movie until they did it? Thought not), and that it is illegal in 60+ other countries, many of them former colonies of ours, some still in the commonwealth, but that you'll sit down and watch the matches anyway?!

What are you dribbling on about? I don’t claim to be some sort of human rights hero, I just don’t agree with your statement that the human rights of people in other countries is nothing to do with us. The world would be a much worse place if everyone thought like that. Luckily our governments don’t and politicians of all colours do try to effect change in human rights around the world. The best thing we can do is vote for people who take it seriously.

The armband idea was pretty lame, I would have much preferred a boycott but I understand why they didn’t. A footballer’s career is a short one and they are there to do a job. However lame the virtual signalling, the lads, just like the BBC should be applauded for at least trying to highlight the issues and not giving the scumbags at FIFA and in Qatar an easy ride.

Edited by aintforever

7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

What are you dribbling on about? I don’t claim to be some sort of human rights hero, I just don’t agree with your statement that the human rights of people in other countries is nothing to do with us. The world would be a much worse place if everyone thought like that. Luckily our governments don’t and politicians of all colours do try to effect change in human rights around the world. The best thing we can do is vote for people who take it seriously.

The armband idea was pretty lame, I would have much preferred a boycott but I understand why they didn’t. A footballer’s career is a short one and they are there to do a job. However lame the virtual signalling, the lads, just like the BBC should be applauded for at least trying to highlight the issues and not giving the scumbags at FIFA and in Qatar an easy ride.

I'm highlighting the inconsistency of people. Poor gay people in Qatar, bit let's watch the tournament yeah. Bollox to the poor human rights in USA, Bangladesh, China, etc though. Hypocrites are irritating. You're a hypocrite. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, egg said:

I'm highlighting the inconsistency of people. Poor gay people in Qatar, bit let's watch the tournament yeah. Bollox to the poor human rights in USA, Bangladesh, China, etc though. Hypocrites are irritating. You're a hypocrite. 

They are highlighting the issues in Qatar because the World Cup is in Qatar you bell-end.

Carry on pissing you pants over a bit of virtual signalling if you want but most sensible people understand the situation they are in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

They are highlighting the issues in Qatar because the World Cup is in Qatar you bell-end.

Carry on pissing you pants over a bit of virtual signalling if you want but most sensible people understand the situation they are in.

I'm not the one getting upset about the LGBTQ+ situation in Qatar petal, that's you. Most sensible people realise that other countries rules and laws are exactly they. It's idiots like you who get all upset about the Qatar situation, but take no issue with human rights in other countries, who sensible people shake their head at. Anyway, I'll end the discussion with you because you're clearly a thick cunt and there's a game on.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Doesn't mean it isn't illegal, as you claimed.

I'm assuming since you know for certain they are homosexual, despite showing no affection to each other in public, it's a group trip ;) 

I can tell that you are jealous. 😁😁😁😁

Edited by Tamesaint
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Heavens no.

It must be horrendous if you have nothing better to do than post on a mong board, let alone post on one at around 06:30 whilst on holiday 😉

Up watching Tunisia v Australia at that time and unlike this mong board that game wasn't the most enthralling. 😁😁

5 hours ago, buctootim said:

The only Caribbean island I've been to was Grand Cayman but fancy trying out one or more others. Currently thinking about Barbuda, Tortola and Barbados. 

Does anyone have as strong views about best Caribbean islands as they do about LBQT in Qatar?  

I went to Jamaica just before lock down. I thought it was fabulous, such a a chilled out couple of weeks, fabulous island with great people. Have your wits about you in certain areas but a fantastic place. Dunns river falls and ricks bar are the highlights for us but will be back soon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buctootim said:

The only Caribbean island I've been to was Grand Cayman but fancy trying out one or more others. Currently thinking about Barbuda, Tortola and Barbados. 

Does anyone have as strong views about best Caribbean islands as they do about LBQT in Qatar?  

You can't beat Barbados. If you are loaded and want wall to wall luxury, English style cream teas and monogrammed towels then the west coast is for you. Some of the hotels there  start at 3 grand plus a night in the high season.

If you want good beaches, crystal clear seas, beer, fine food and rum almost as cheap as milk then try the rest of the island. Really friendly,helpful  people  who enjoy a laugh. Surprisingly English in so many ways (Tesco or Waitrose food in restaurants, English football in bars etc) the Bajan way of life is probably not for control freaks. If though you can accept the occasional slowness in restaurants and realise that a Bajan 10 minutes is more like an hour you will love it. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2022 at 23:17, Turkish said:

I went to Jamaica just before lock down. I thought it was fabulous, such a a chilled out couple of weeks, fabulous island with great people. Have your wits about you in certain areas but a fantastic place. Dunns river falls and ricks bar are the highlights for us but will be back soon.

On 27/11/2022 at 01:30, Tamesaint said:

You can't beat Barbados. If you are loaded and want wall to wall luxury, English style cream teas and monogrammed towels then the west coast is for you. Some of the hotels there  start at 3 grand plus a night in the high season.

If you want good beaches, crystal clear seas, beer, fine food and rum almost as cheap as milk then try the rest of the island. Really friendly,helpful  people  who enjoy a laugh. Surprisingly English in so many ways (Tesco or Waitrose food in restaurants, English football in bars etc) the Bajan way of life is probably not for control freaks. If though you can accept the occasional slowness in restaurants and realise that a Bajan 10 minutes is more like an hour you will love it. 

Cheers both. Those tiny specks of islands with  nice beach are quite appealiong but I think Id be bored in a couple of says. I'll check out Barbados and Jamaica.  

9 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Cheers both. Those tiny specks of islands with  nice beach are quite appealiong but I think Id be bored in a couple of says. I'll check out Barbados and Jamaica.  

Can also recommend Cuba, went there a few years ago, great island and Havana is quality for a visit. 

We're looking at doing a cruise year after next, found one where you fly to Barbados, go to Antigua, Dominca, Martinique, St Luca and Grenda ending with a week in Barbados. I wouldn't normally be interested in a cruise but that looks great and even pimping the cruise up to a suite with a sea view cabin and top food and drink package was surprised how reasonable it was price wise.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Can also recommend Cuba, went there a few years ago, great island and Havana is quality for a visit. 

We're looking at doing a cruise year after next, found one where you fly to Barbados, go to Antigua, Dominca, Martinique, St Luca and Grenda ending with a week in Barbados. I wouldn't normally be interested in a cruise but that looks great and even pimping the cruise up to a suite with a sea view cabin and top food and drink package was surprised how reasonable it was price wise.

Good idea. We have done several cruises in that region and Barbados has the right mix of relaxation and things to do. The reggae buses are a great way to travel around. Antigua is our favourite though.

P&O? If you want any tips then feel free to contact me.

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I did my first cruise solely for practical reasons not because I really wanted to.  I had two small kids, was divorced and single and wanted somewhere where they could meet other kids, be free but contained at same time, but also resonably priced and exotic. Was mainland side of Caribbean - Mexico, Belize, Roatan and then Caymans. Actually turned out to be really good, great value for money. Done several since

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

image.png.5750df4717fb604c36a5f6836224ec74.png

It might help promote LGBT rights but look at all that red zone fat, saturates and salt. Some might say it's a thinly veiled plot by the homophobic bosses at M&S to give LGBTs high blood pressure and cholesterol. 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

It might help promote LGBT rights but look at all that red zone fat, saturates and salt. Some might say it's a thinly veiled plot by the homophobic bosses at M&S to give LGBTs high blood pressure and cholesterol. 

You had an open goal there to make a 'trans fats' joke and you made a complete Elyounoussi of it.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

You had an open goal there to make a 'trans fats' joke and you made a complete Elyounoussi of it.

Damn, missed that one! No doubt they will complain calling that Trans fats is offensive and needs to be renamed before too long

Indonesia have just passed a new criminal code that makes being gay illegal :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63869078

Indonesia's parliament on Tuesday approved a new criminal code that will make sex outside of marriage punishable by up to a year in prison.

Given that gay marriage was already illegal in Indonesia, this now closes the door on gay relationships (apart from the purely plutonic ones, although they still won't be allowed to live together and I wouldn't want to put money on it not being outlawed by the 'morality' clauses).

And don't think that tourists can get away with it as the laws apply to them, too - definitely not the place to consider taking your 'bit on the side' for a holiday or even your fiance if you're thinking of having sex.

I thought taking the knee and wearing rainbow shit was supposed to fix all these 'savages', but apparently they just aren't taking any notice.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2022 at 07:07, Weston Super Saint said:

Indonesia have just passed a new criminal code that makes being gay illegal :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63869078

Given that gay marriage was already illegal in Indonesia, this now closes the door on gay relationships (apart from the purely plutonic ones, although they still won't be allowed to live together and I wouldn't want to put money on it not being outlawed by the 'morality' clauses).

And don't think that tourists can get away with it as the laws apply to them, too - definitely not the place to consider taking your 'bit on the side' for a holiday or even your fiance if you're thinking of having sex.

I thought taking the knee and wearing rainbow shit was supposed to fix all these 'savages', but apparently they just aren't taking any notice.

I can We’re going to need someone to start a hard hitting thread on here about it. We need to speak out against this sort of stuff. Look how little airtime Katy Hopkins is getting since we discussed her racism on here. 

14 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Cross fertilisation from the Russia thread;

Why the invasion happened

With 85 genders, how do you name them once you have run out of letters ?

Mental, but to be fair, there probably is about 85 different genders (and sexualities) these days. 

57 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Cross fertilisation from the Russia thread;

Why the invasion happened

With 85 genders, how do you name them once you have run out of letters ?

Finally, a video of Turkish (aka the Boy who cried Wolf) emerges, a person who never trolls or makes flippant remarks. Keep drinking the copium Turkey 😅

• Lighthouse changed the title to LGBT+ Discussion