Ralph OUT - Eddie Howe IN

davefoggy

There's too much embedded in the DNA now on that crumbling in the second half of games or the season to progress with Ralph. The players are now in muscle memory territory as soon as teams equalise. He needs to be changed. Or the new additions will just have to be of the sort that will keep us up - in the Championship. Just do it soon, Saints.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes this can be the only explanation for sticking with somone with such an appalling record over the last half or more of last season and what looks like to continue into this season with the early fixture list we have.  Yes he did get us to the top for like a day and deserves credit for that  but it is now clear that was just a case of  other teams taking a while to work out what counter acts such a high press and an element of the top teams having their own bad run. The manner in which we totally crumbled from 1st place to losing every game is basically how we now crumble in the second half of pretty much every game! Ralph has lost his mojo or maybe he never had it to begin with? Like others I think he's a sound guy but is that enough, he seems totally one dimensional in terms of tactics

Our tactics being sussed out and countered by oppo's tactics was a recurring theme in many newspaper reports last season . The fact that we continued with the same tactic was also mentioned . Perhaps we could get Ralph a subscription ! I agree that he should get an assistant in , during lock down you could hear Ralph giving instructions throughout the match , I assume with a crowd they never hear them .

Eddie Howe? God forbid! What are our fans thinking about? He's got a nice smile and he likes the South coast but we need more than that. Our problem is not the manager it is the ownership which doesn't finance the manager in the way the Premier League needs. What would Eddie--or anyone else--do about that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

Some of you lot are a joke! Please keep away from our club and go back to Pompey and give them this style of so-called support! Ralph is not perfect but he is streets better than any alternative we might get - including Eddie Howe.

Let us be clear here: Bournemouth were relegated despite having new wealthy owners putting in far more to the club than Saints are able to draw upon. They were managed by Eddie Howe. If he couldn't keep Bompey up with all that financial backing, how on earth do you think he could cope with managing Saints?!

We have played ONE fixture this season and if it hadn't been for an error early in the second half we could and probably should have gone on to beat an Everton side that featured multiple internationals and players that we could only dream of playing for Saints, including Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Dingue, Coleman, Demarai Gray and more. We played that fixture short of a centre back following the sale of Vestergaard and with our two central midfielders short on fitness after recovering from injury.

Last autumn we found our club top of the Premier League with confidence sky high after Ralph, the manager that you are dissing, had led the team to play some brilliant football which showed everyone our potential with him as manager. Sadly we then faced a period of difficulty with a huge raft of injuries and, due to COVID, a lack of access to the conditioning facilities which we would usually use to prevent injuries and to help injured players to recover.

SO, if you want to support a club that does not have Ralph as manager, there is a simple way to achieve that: Go and give your negative, unhelpful, morale-destroying so-called 'support' to Pompey or one of the other football clubs on offer. We don't need or want your brand of 'support' at Saints. Thanks!

I have never read such a load of utter bilge in my life. What is this Pompey obsession of yours all about? Very unhealthy!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dangerspoon said:

He just needs a good no.2 who has the brain to work out how to counter the tactical changes other teams make in the second half.

If he got that, we’d be fine. 

Should that be Ralph’s job? Yes. But he isn’t good at it. Thing is though, he’s good at many other things, so getting in someone just to help with this aspect is fine by me.

My mates a taxi driver but he’s not very good at this “finding the destination business”. I’ve suggested he employs a bloke to sit next to him and navigate for him. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

A replacement was signed very shortly after Danny Rohl left. Hasenhuttl has stated Richard Kitzbichler was the replacement for Rohl.

Danny Rohl joined Bayern Munich 7th August 2019

Richard Kitzbichler joined Southampton 23rd August 2019

Trouble is, has anyone ever seen Kitzbichler open his mouth? He seems to just sit in the dug-out and never make a contribution or get himself into the technical area to make a point. I recall when Ralph was laid up and couldn't be at a match this Kitzbichler took charge and never opened hos gob all game. He is far too passive.

38 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Trouble is, has anyone ever seen Kitzbichler open his mouth? He seems to just sit in the dug-out and never make a contribution or get himself into the technical area to make a point. I recall when Ralph was laid up and couldn't be at a match this Kitzbichler took charge and never opened hos gob all game. He is far too passive.

Oh no... we are going there again.
I thought Eric Black was the problem, and then it was definitely all down to Kelvin Davis? Now it must all be Kitzbichler's fault.
None of us on here have any idea what sort of No.2 he is, how involved he is, what his tactics are like, what his relationship is like with the players, etc. He might be the best No.2 in the world or he could be the worst!? Because he sits back and lets Ralph do his job on the touchline doesn't automatically tell me he's bad at his job. You see Ralph speaking with him every game, and I cant see (from a distance here) what he's 'not' doing that all these other brilliant No.2's are.

• Like 2

Guardiola’s No. 2 is much the same. Says bugger all in games.

Having seen the “All or Nothing” show on Amazon Prime about City, they even employ a bloke who is an ex water polo international who is basically a very good mate of Guardiola…..

Edited by Pat from Poole

3 hours ago, Teddeer said:

but hes getting well paid to have next to no input though............more money wasted?.........

• 1 year later...