Ralph OUT - Eddie Howe IN

davefoggy

Enough is enough, Ralph is totally out if his depth, nothing has changed. Every Saints fan can see what the problem is, defense, goalkeeper, game management......why can't Ralph and his coaching staff can't see the obvious?? There has never been a plan B, his subs are weird and too late, we concede way too many goals, and keep giving away points from leading positions!!!

The stats say he is the worst Saints manager in history, lovely bloke, but MUST be sacked tonight. 

Get Eddie in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Howe can’t organise a defence anymore than Ralph can. 

Personally, I’d go for John Terry. But of a gamble but may give us a bit of the leadership we need. 

Yeah if you’ve got a shite defence Eddie Howe isn’t gonna sort it out, one look at Bournemouth’s goals against column while in the Premier will show that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Howe can’t organise a defence anymore than Ralph can. 

Personally, I’d go for John Terry. But of a gamble but may give us a bit of the leadership we need. 

Was a head it and kick it defender, Will be a limited manger too.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I'm looking for someone we've never heard of but who has the potential to be the next Poch. There has to be someone out there that's better than Howe, Lampard and Terry

How do you know how good or bad John Terry is, he hasn’t managed a fucking club yet. 

But yeah, let’s get some unknown in, good shout. He can’t be worse than John Terry, he has a 0% win percentage 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Might have taken this thread seriously if you hadnt suggested Eddie Howe. Regardless of what he achieved getting Bmuff to the PL, he got them relegated when he was financially backed. Was likely him who suggested Solanke, Ibe etc

We've just managed to turn around our transfer strategy, the last thing we need is Howe signing those sorts of players

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How do you know how good or bad John Terry is, he hasn’t managed a fucking club yet. 

But yeah, let’s get some unknown in, good shout. He can’t be worse than John Terry, he has a 0% win percentage 

The cognitive dissonance required to process this post is mind blowing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I'm looking for someone we've never heard of but who has the potential to be the next Poch. There has to be someone out there that's better than Howe, Lampard and Terry

We could easily end up with the new Pellegrino. 

I fully expect it will be Howe. I don’t think he’d be the right choice but the sort of out of work manager we would go for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I fully expect it will be Howe. I don’t think he’d be the right choice but the sort of out of work manager we would go for.

And that's another absolute piece of bollocks from the club. Why are we the only club never to go for another manager who is employed by another club? 

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Pellegrino was a pisspoor choice and it's not inevitable that the same thing would happen again.

Agree that we should be willing to pay for in-contract managers though

19 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Our Chelsea youth connections must make Lampard favourite 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

And that's another absolute piece of bollocks from the club. Why are we the only club never to go for another manager who is employed by another club? 

Because the last manager we got from another club was Nigel Adkins and that was... errr, yeah, I don't know why the club has this bizarre rule when the manager's position is the most important within the club. If we can spend £2.5m on new TV screens.

• Like 1

Good manager, Howe. Got unlucky with chronic injuries at Boscombe.

Could easily see him at Saints, and think he would do well.

I see Lampard mentioned on this thread, He has a pad at Studland. Just over the water from his coont of an uncle. But possibly convenient for Saints…..

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, davefoggy said:

Yeah ok, fair enough on the Howe comments, maybe I have got that wrong. But I do believe Ralph's time is up...

You might believe it but the board & GAO don't judging by last season he'd have to lose like 20 games in a row for them to consider anything 

2 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Super Frank AND John Terry 

Ying and Yang - nice Frank and his enforcer John

Adkins was nice but Andy Crosby was the enforcer.

just thought I’d toss in some cobblers

Cobblers is right , Lampard double failure already , Terry the yobbo hasn’t even done anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, JRM said:

Where has Lampard failed? 

He hasn’t.

He did an excellent job at Derby and didn’t do badly at all at Chelsea.

I’m not convinced he would be a good fit for us though. I’m not sure he would put up with the financial constraints. Think Howe would be more accepting of it.

40 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

They don’t want to pay the compensation to get someone decent in that’s already employed. Instead they’d rather pay them compensation when they get sacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lampard might come to Saints to rebuild his reputation. I thought he did fine with Chelsea when they had a transfer ban and had to work with what he had, so would fit right in with us. It fell apart when he was able to start signing players. Of course he will be off like a shot when another big team comes calling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

They don’t want to pay the compensation to get someone decent in that’s already employed. Instead they’d rather pay them compensation when they get sacked.

Very true.

Although I think the compensation to Ralph would be pretty expensive.

If we don’t spend much of the Ings / Vestergaard money and get a couple of loan signings instead, I think we can see where a contingency pot has been set aside for….

Just now, Kenilworthy said:

Lampard might come to Saints to rebuild his reputation. I thought he did fine with Chelsea when they had a transfer ban and had to work with what he had, so would fit right in with us. It fell apart when he was able to start signing players. Of course he will be off like a shot when another big team comes calling.

Also a big risk for him too. No money, a pretty average squad and a club in seemingly unstoppable decline. There are going to be better options to rebuild your reputation.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Also a big risk for him too. No money, a pretty average squad and a club in seemingly unstoppable decline. There are going to be better options to rebuild your reputation.

I think he might have become a Dad pretty recently. He might decide that it’s an easier life going down the Carragher / Gary Neville route.

Howe left Bournemouth as he hadn’t spent much time with his wife and young kids over the years. It may be that after a year out of the game he is fully motivated to get back in.

I do think Howe is destined for the very top. He is still very young in management terms.

I'm still Ralph in, just about. Although I must admit if he was a less likeable character I think I'd be done with him already. I think we need to give him 10 or so games, sacking a manager after the first game (at Goodison also) is stupid especially given that its a certain loss for us anyway. Eddie Howe would be even worse so thats a no from me. There is only one manager I want who I've heard of who I think we could get and that is Gerrard from Rangers. How people can want Lampard is beyond me, its clear how tactically inept he was at Chelsea when as soon as Tuchel came in they were 100 times better. So its Gerrard or a foreign manager for me

2 minutes ago, tunit said:

I'm still Ralph in, just about. Although I must admit if he was a less likeable character I think I'd be done with him already. I think we need to give him 10 or so games, sacking a manager after the first game (at Goodison also) is stupid especially given that its a certain loss for us anyway. Eddie Howe would be even worse so thats a no from me. There is only one manager I want who I've heard of who I think we could get and that is Gerrard from Rangers. How people can want Lampard is beyond me, its clear how tactically inept he was at Chelsea when as soon as Tuchel came in they were 100 times better. So its Gerrard or a foreign manager for me

There is as much chance of Steven Gerrard being our manager as there is of me being in a threesome with Liz Hurley and Kate Beckinsale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, tunit said:

I would be amazed if Gerrard would leave Rangers for us.

16 minutes ago, tunit said:

If you look at his results, surely that's the only explanation for him still being in favour? He's not got much time left to start getting decent results, surely.

2 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Even got the worst people on here suggesting John Terry?! I know, not even near the most vile of their opinions but fucking hell. That really would be the moment I stop supporting Saints. But apparently he'd sort the defence out. Because he was a defender. And that's how that works 🤦🏻‍♂️I guess having a vile piece of shit like that would please our right wing cunt element

I think it’s a fairly simplistic thought process. Angry, shouty English man = leadership, passion, getting things organised and understanding this league.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Christ. I'm a bit fed up with Ralph but these alternatives are horrific. 

Eddie fucking Howe? What is it with him? How does someone spend that much and get relegated and still have any fans think he's any good? Totally clueless and seems like a complete bellend before you even get to the Pompey links. 

Even got the worst people on here suggesting John Terry?! I know, not even near the most vile of their opinions but fucking hell. That really would be the moment I stop supporting Saints. But apparently he'd sort the defence out. Because he was a defender. And that's how that works 🤦🏻‍♂️I guess having a vile piece of shit like that would please our right wing cunt element. 

What an angry response. Everything okay at home Adrian?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Killers Knee said:

John Terry is a joke, like the people who think he's a manager

Will be interesting to see how Dean Smith gets on at Villa without him, from what I've read Terry was an influential character at Villa. 

Jody Morris was a key figure with Lampard on the coaching side of the game, that's what Ralph is missing some proper coaching support.

Lol. Premier league captain for season after season, leader of men , England international, one of the best defenders and readers of the game in the premier league era, part of Dean Smiths back room staff for a couple of seasons, yet a joke for a massive club like Southampton. 

I said first post, it was a gamble, but a gamble I’d take. Nobody can argue with his playing credentials or his credibility with the players, particularly the central defenders. If his name was Johann Terryikintas, played over a decade in Germany, wining the title & countless international caps, I suspect he’d be viewed differently. 

Anyway it’s not going to happen, our soft arsed club will want a yes man who is a nice bloke. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1