Covid Pass/PCR test

angelman

4 minutes ago, Mattster said:

Against the T&Cs maybe, but I doubt fraud comes into it unless you are trying to get an adult in on a child ticket or similar. I've never had any issues lending my ticket to someone if I can't make a game and I reckon there'd be significant push back if they start enforcing checks. Some clubs - e.g. Brighton - are formally making tickets "shareable" now, but this just smacks of revenue rasing IMO (extra £20 at Brighton). 

Fraudulent impersonation and deceit

Impersonation for fraudulent reasons, for instance, to obtain money, goods or services will amount to criminal activity under the Fraud Act 2006 (FA 2006) for which the impersonator could face prosecution through the criminal courts for the offence of fraud or a similar type of offence. FA 2006 carries prison sentences varying between 12 months and ten years.

Up to ten years in prison for impersonating someone else to obtain money, goods or service. Entry to a football stadium using someone elses ticket could we be considered one of these. Minimum of 6 year football banning order for crimes that lead to prison as well. Sleep with your shoes on chaps.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Fraudulent impersonation and deceit

Impersonation for fraudulent reasons, for instance, to obtain money, goods or services will amount to criminal activity under the Fraud Act 2006 (FA 2006) for which the impersonator could face prosecution through the criminal courts for the offence of fraud or a similar type of offence. FA 2006 carries prison sentences varying between 12 months and ten years.

Up to ten years in prison for impersonating someone else to obtain money, goods or service. Minimum of 6 year football banning order for crimes that lead to prison as well. Sleep with your shoes on chaps.

I think you'd need to demonstrate a loss to the aggrieved party before the police were interested. Lending someone your ticket voluntarily wouldn't fall into that category, and it's no skin off the club's nose either.

Just now, Mattster said:

I think you'd need to demonstrate a loss to the aggrieved party before the police were interested. Lending someone your ticket voluntarily wouldn't fall into that category, and it's no skin off the club's nose either.

Use of Seasoncards 3.1 Seasoncards are for the use of supporters of the Club only; by applying for a Seasoncard and/or using the same you warrant that you are a supporter of the Club. The Seasoncard admits the Holder named thereon entry for 19 home Premier League Matches only played by the Club at the Ground and is not refundable or transferable (and no rights arising out of or in connection with it are transferable or refundable) to any other person.

Dont complain if the club catch you and prosecute. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Use of Seasoncards 3.1 Seasoncards are for the use of supporters of the Club only; by applying for a Seasoncard and/or using the same you warrant that you are a supporter of the Club. The Seasoncard admits the Holder named thereon entry for 19 home Premier League Matches only played by the Club at the Ground and is not refundable or transferable (and no rights arising out of or in connection with it are transferable or refundable) to any other person.

Dont complain if the club catch you and prosecute. 

I bet you never home taped music

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

My other half has just had a baby so myself and a mate will be using her and her mums season ticket to attend - do you think there will be any issue what with proving your test result/vaccine status against names on season tickets?!

I think you will be fine if on Sunday they don't properly look into each QR code.

At the Euros all you had to do was flash a QR code, there was no time to check IDs or ask people to whip out their driving licences etc etc and I suspect it will most likely be the case again on Sunday.

Have a valid Covid pass ready, wave it to the lackadaisical steward and then proceed to enter the stadium with her and her mums season ticket and I think it'll be alright

1 hour ago, nta786 said:

At the Euros all you had to do was flash a QR code, there was no time to check IDs or ask people to whip out their driving licences etc etc and I suspect it will most likely be the case again on Sunday.

There is no mention of having to bring any form of ID on the SFC website so doubt they will be checking. A mate of mine went to one of the England games at Wembley and just got a friend to send him the their QR code and he got in fine.

16 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

With the latest news that vaccines do absolutely nothing to stop the spread of covid if you catch it then allowing fully vaccinated in without testing makes testing the unvaccinated a bit pointless doesn’t it? 

It's the Delta variant strain that has been found up the noses of double vac people , if we were all vacc'd then no problem . Intersting program on the radio the other day about smallpox and the reaction by people to having a miniscule amount of the pox to give you immunity ! some things never change ....

Now received an email from club confirming Covid details for matches. Proof of vaccination and lateral flow tests for under 18’s within 48 hours of game. 
Not mandatory for first 3 home games so as I take 2 grandchildren from different addresses and haven’t a clue at the moment on how I prove their results I’m definitely not doing anything for Man U game and will hopefully get it sorted for later games. 

If you haven’t had both vaccines you’re supposed to have proof of a negative lateral flow test BUT this is NOT mandatory for first three home matches so although there will be spot checks my reading of situation is that you can’t be prevented from attending if you can’t provide the information yet. Of course not having received a season ticket yet is another story! 

Email from club states:

Will I be turned away if I am unable to show my Covid-19 status during a spot-check?

Showing your Covid-19 status is not a requirement for entry at our first three home fixtures against Manchester United, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers – therefore, fans that cannot show their Covid-19 status for these matches will still be allowed into the stadium.

We are preparing for this situation to change in anticipation that showing your Covid-19 status might become a mandatory entry requirement, in response to Government guidance.

Edited by Divergent
Add info.

1 hour ago, Divergent said:

If you haven’t had both vaccines you’re supposed to have proof of a negative lateral flow test BUT this is NOT mandatory for first three home matches so although there will be spot checks my reading of situation is that you can’t be prevented from attending if you can’t provide the information yet. Of course not having received a season ticket yet is another story! 

Email from club states:

Will I be turned away if I am unable to show my Covid-19 status during a spot-check?

Showing your Covid-19 status is not a requirement for entry at our first three home fixtures against Manchester United, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers – therefore, fans that cannot show their Covid-19 status for these matches will still be allowed into the stadium.

We are preparing for this situation to change in anticipation that showing your Covid-19 status might become a mandatory entry requirement, in response to Government guidance.

ok cheers

From the email I received:

"Showing your COVID-19 status is not a requirement for entry at our first three home fixtures against Manchester United, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers - therefore, fans that cannot show their Covid-19 status for these matches will still be allowed into the stadium.

We are preparing for this situation to change in anticipation that showing your Covid-19 status might become a mandatory entry requirement, in response to government guidance." 

19 hours ago, RedArmy said:

With the latest news that vaccines do absolutely nothing to stop the spread of covid if you catch it then allowing fully vaccinated in without testing makes testing the unvaccinated a bit pointless doesn’t it? 

Its about acclimatising the population to the concept of government control and digital ID cards through a slowly creeping introduction. Always has been. The slow move to 1984 / British china.

If they cared about stopping covid they'd mandate testing and implement a system that can't be dodged by simply registering a LFT as negative.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

On 19/08/2021 at 09:44, Tom said:

My other half has just had a baby so myself and a mate will be using her and her mums season ticket to attend - do you think there will be any issue what with proving your test result/vaccine status against names on season tickets?!

Did you have to show your vaginas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Essruu said:

Did you have to show your vaginas?

Didn't go. Mum in law went on her own instead but I can confirm she was not asked to show her papers. Probably because of such a back log outside I assume. 

10 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

I wasn’t at the game yesterday, were you asked for proof of a test/vaccine? Im going to the next home game so would like to know in advance?

There was a distinct lack of stewards at the Kingsland entrance I used, just a  couple stood behind a table making a token gesture when checking bags. They didn’t have a clue what was going on and just stood there whilst people tried multiple times to scan there tickets. I doubt they’d be able to check Covid status even if the wanted to. 

My mate was asked for it at Everton, whilst he was fumbling in his pocket to find his wallet and get his vaccine card out (he didn’t have app), the steward said “ I don’t have time for this” and let him through without actually seeing it. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

There was a distinct lack of stewards at the Kingsland entrance I used, just a  couple stood behind a table making a token gesture when checking bags. They didn’t have a clue what was going on and just stood there whilst people tried multiple times to scan there tickets. I doubt they’d be able to check Covid status even if the wanted to. 

My mate was asked for it at Everton, whilst he was fumbling in his pocket to find his wallet and get his vaccine card out (he didn’t have app), the steward said “ I don’t have time for this” and let him through without actually seeing it. 

That’s how I thought it would pan out, quite hit and miss, it’s fairly plain to see that they won’t be able to check everyone due to the sheer amount of people, besides I’ll take some proof just in case. Thanks for the info.

I didn't see anyone being asked on the way in yesterday. But while waiting in the queue at the turnstile my son tried to get his pass ready on the app and there was an error and the pass couldn't be displayed. Goodness knows what will happen if they did start wanting to see the certificates. Not trusting technology myself I have got a paper version.

2 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

I didn't see anyone being asked on the way in yesterday. But while waiting in the queue at the turnstile my son tried to get his pass ready on the app and there was an error and the pass couldn't be displayed. Goodness knows what will happen if they did start wanting to see the certificates. Not trusting technology myself I have got a paper version.

There are so many people on their smartphones at St Mary's that you struggle to get a data signal. Those who put their faith in technology often overlook the lack of a connection. 

Covid passes will not be needed until October at the earliest and even then only if the government makes them obligatory.

The current club campaign is just to get the fans thinking about the Covid situation. 

On 23/08/2021 at 12:44, Kenilworthy said:

At least with an iPhone you can actually save it to your wallet so it works without the app or data connection.  I did that, but of course nobody asked for it 🙂  It was hard enough to scan tickets on Sunday let alone anything else.