Covid Pass/PCR test

angelman

See that the club has said you'll need a Covid Pass or PCR test (registered within 48 hours of KO) to gain access, as well as having a face covering.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matchready?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=tic-matchready&utm_term=matchready launch&utm_content=image

Trialling the 1st three home games before mandatory. Welcome to the new world of Covid Passports! Not an issue for me, as I've double vaxxed and got the NHS covid pass. But curious about the PCR test. Their link takes you to a government site about rapid lateral flow tests. Does anyone know whether the club is talking about PCR or meaning lateral flow as my 15yo lad has not been vaxxed. 

Just now, angelman said:

See that the club has said you'll need a Covid Pass or PCR test (registered within 48 hours of KO) to gain access, as well as having a face covering.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matchready?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=tic-matchready&utm_term=matchready launch&utm_content=image

Trialling the 1st three home games before mandatory. Welcome to the new world of Covid Passports! Not an issue for me, as I've double vaxxed and got the NHS covid pass. But curious about the PCR test. Their link takes you to a government site about rapid lateral flow tests. Does anyone know whether the club is talking about PCR or meaning lateral flow as my 15yo lad has not been vaxxed. 

At the start of the 'match ready' article they call it PCR test but further down they call it a LFT, I think that PCR test is incorrect. As you say the link is to the NHS LFT instructions.

23 minutes ago, angelman said:

I am presuming LFT as well, but who knows?? Typical bollox up by the club.....

Don’t put have to pay for every PCR test if you don’t have symptoms? I can’t imagine any normal organisation expecting 30000 to book and pay for PCR tests 2 days before every game, it’s not practical. But then SFC aren’t any normal organisation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is late in the day to announce it. Albeit surely anybody with a ticket must have been anticipating some measures, given news from last weekend's games?

Doesn't seem a big ask to me. If you're not double-jabbed (or don't want to be), get tested. Neither are flawless benchmarks, but better for all in the ground if we're playing the percentages rather than having a free-for-all.

By-the-by, I looked up the vaccination rate for the local area the other day, and it's miles behind the national average. Wouldn't be surprised if that's played into the decision.

There is no demonstrable benefit in vaccine passports.

Even the parliamentary committee said so in their report.

Went  to a full house League  1 game last night, ( not down the M27 !! ) there were no covid certification checks at all, thankfully.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ant said:

It is late in the day to announce it. Albeit surely anybody with a ticket must have been anticipating some measures, given news from last weekend's games?

Doesn't seem a big ask to me. If you're not double-jabbed (or don't want to be), get tested. Neither are flawless benchmarks, but better for all in the ground if we're playing the percentages rather than having a free-for-all.

By-the-by, I looked up the vaccination rate for the local area the other day, and it's miles behind the national average. Wouldn't be surprised if that's played into the decision.

Which test? PCR or LFT?

Actually for my lad it says....U18 can do LFT so that's what I'll do. For those over 18, I guess the question remains re PCR vs LFT, and suspect like many others it'll be LFT. 

Edited by angelman

Its not on the club, its government policy and has been for a while. Also they won't be checking everyone - just a small percentage.

All you need to do is input a LFT test as negative and you're good to go though right? that seems farcical to me?

Also seems bizarre as well given how high vaccination rates are in the population / by age. If you consider the now evident failure of vaccines to stop the virus spreading and the number of people at the ground.... I'd say that with these procedures, the reality is that you're going to get a fair number of vaccinated people with covid attending packed venues - who are in turn going to spread it further - simply because they aren't being tested. The obvious safe way to have addressed this would be for the government to mandate testing.

Makes me think that these restrictions have got a significant gearing towards getting us used to idea of carrying around a little digital passport / id card, and the concept of tighter government controls on what everyone can do. Why do i think that? Because a 10year old with a crayon and 5min of spare time could propose better procedures than these - so the government definitely could if they really cared.

Enjoy the toilets and half time queues all - you'll be sharing them with the infected  🙈

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

If you consider the now evident failure of vaccines to stop the virus spreading and the number of people at the ground.... I'd say that with these procedures, the reality is that you're going to get a fair number of vaccinated people with covid attending packed venues - who are in turn going to spread it further - simply because they aren't being tested. The obvious safe way to have addressed this would be for the government to mandate testing.

They haven’t failed but they can’t stop it spreading among the unvaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

They haven’t failed but they can’t stop it spreading among the unvaccinated.

It’s spread among the vaccinated too! 6 of us were meant to be in Crete right now, all of us got Covid, 4 of us double vaccinated so had to cancel it

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

There's a lot of people proper embarrassing themselves on Twitter right now. If this stops me having to stand near them whilst having a pint then I'm all for it.

Not really. There are a few self righteous people preaching but in the main people are more annoyed that the club appeared to be giving people 4 days notice that they have to pay for a PCR test to get in on Sunday. It’s more annoyance at the late notice and confusing announcement than anyone “embarrassing themselves” about refusing to do it. But of course the pious ones don’t see it that way

Edited by Turkish

24 minutes ago, waylander said:

The club site says "You will need to show your Covid-19 status via the NHS COVID Pass app".

What about those people who do not own a smart phone? Do they accept the NHS paper certificate?

I don’t own a smart phone. How do I prove my Covid-19 status?  

You can receive a paper copy of your Covid-19 status. More details are available here. 

Please carry this with you so you can show your Covid-19 status when attending a match.

they are leaving it late for anyone to request one though ahead of Sunday…

59 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Not really. There are a few self righteous people preaching but in the main people are more annoyed that the club appeared to be giving people 4 days notice that they have to pay for a PCR test to get in on Sunday. It’s more annoyance at the late notice and confusing announcement than anyone “embarrassing themselves” about refusing to do it. But of course the pious ones don’t see it that way

The communication was awful and even though I agree that people shouldn't have to, it's not rocket science to figure it out.

I'm not taking "pious" at the result of not understanding why people aren't willing to go out their way for 5 minutes to help out their fellow supporters. This really isn't that deep, don't you think?

7 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The communication was awful and even though I agree that people shouldn't have to, it's not rocket science to figure it out.

I'm not taking "pious" at the result of not understanding why people aren't willing to go out their way for 5 minutes to help out their fellow supporters. This really isn't that deep, don't you think?

It isn't a question of not being prepared to take five minutes to do the right thing, which I'm sure all of us would do in order to get out of the covid mess.

It is to do with the fact  that there is no demonstrable public health benefit of vaccine passports, and the concerns that people have about where they might lead in terms of the individual's relationship with the state.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/327/public-administration-and-constitutional-affairs-committee/news/155788/no-justification-for-covid-passports-say-committee/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Who are those that are “embarrassing themselves” then? There were one or two saying they wouldn’t do it and won’t go to game whilst this is needed, the vast majority were complaining about the confusing about the communication and confusing about what test was needed. Which is a fair comment at the initial statement said a PCR test was needed. 

55 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who are those that are “embarrassing themselves” then? There were one or two saying they wouldn’t do it and won’t go to game whilst this is needed, the vast majority were complaining about the confusing about the communication and confusing about what test was needed. Which is a fair comment at the initial statement said a PCR test was needed. 

You just said it yourself. There’s people on there claiming to have been season ticket holders for 10+ years who are now asking for a refund because they won’t do a lateral flow test to help others around them.

I’m not talking about the ones complaining about the communication, nor did I say I was. I don’t think we’re going to agree on this subject so let’s just leave it there.

the lateral flow tests are great. False Positives and False Negatives abound. Obviously the false negatives render the whole process pointless.

even if you take the test, its a lottery as to whether the results are accurate.

Scrap Covid tests in schools, says Oxford vaccine pioneer (telegraph.co.uk)

Stop Using Innova Medical Group SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test: FDA Safety Communication | FDA

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nolan said:

the lateral flow tests are great. False Positives and False Negatives abound. Obviously the false negatives render the who process pointless.

even if you take the test, its a lottery as to whether the results are accurate.

Scrap Covid tests in schools, says Oxford vaccine pioneer (telegraph.co.uk)

Stop Using Innova Medical Group SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Qualitative Test: FDA Safety Communication | FDA

LFT are pretty much useless, about 50% accurate. Even the USA has banned their use in any meaningful setting. Of course our numpty politicians keep buying and promoting them for reasons obscure, though almost certainly connected to whose making £££ from them.

7 hours ago, teamsaint said:

It isn't a question of not being prepared to take five minutes to do the right thing, which I'm sure all of us would do in order to get out of the covid mess.

It is to do with the fact  that there is no demonstrable public health benefit of vaccine passports, and the concerns that people have about where they might lead in terms of the individual's relationship with the state.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/327/public-administration-and-constitutional-affairs-committee/news/155788/no-justification-for-covid-passports-say-committee/

can’t understand why Anyone would argue against this view.

I am double jabbed, a season ticket holder and 100% will be declining to show any vaccine passport to anyone that can’t demonstrate their identification to prove they are my GP. Will have some fun and games holding up the queue at the turnstile desperately trying to access my phone.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

another thing that renders the passport completely spurious.

Using the NHS COVID Pass - NHSX

includes the text

"If your customer confirms that they have a self declared exemption, but is unable to show any evidence, you should allow them access to your venue or event. You must not ask for proof of their medical exemption and it is not essential they show any form of exemption card at any point."

50 minutes ago, steve green said:

LFT are pretty much useless, about 50% accurate. Even the USA has banned their use in any meaningful setting. Of course our numpty politicians keep buying and promoting them for reasons obscure, though almost certainly connected to whose making £££ from them.

Probably because....

11 hours ago, Saint86 said:

All you need to do is input a LFT test as negative and you're good to go though right? that seems farcical to me?

44 minutes ago, wild-saint said:

I am double jabbed, a season ticket holder and 100% will be declining to show any vaccine passport to anyone that can’t demonstrate their identification to prove they are my GP. Will have some fun and games holding up the queue at the turnstile desperately trying to access my phone.

Pathetic. Getting into a football ground is not the time or place to stage a one man protest and impact other people. Just show your pass and get on with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wild-saint said:

so you tell everyone on here  your double jabbed but will not show proof of it to a steward makes no sense a bit like the programme   Embarrassing bodies.

Edited by Saint-Michael

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

not correct. 

the same was discovered during the 'Moonshot' trial in Liverpool.

Liverpool mass testing missed a third of infectious cases, data shows (telegraph.co.uk)

Alternatively, should that article be believed, it didn't miss two-fifths of infectious cases. Breaking the link of a significant number of potential infections.

The purpose of suppression tactics isn't a utopian Covid Zero. It's mitigation, plain and simple.

The much vaunted 'living with the virus' doesn't mean letting Covid run amok. It's using whatever tools are at our disposal to help keep ICU admissions, deaths, chance of further mutation etc. at manageable levels. Enabling some semblance of normality, and allowing individuals to make more informed decisions about what they are and aren't willing to do.

22 minutes ago, simo said:

Was this part of the terms and conditions for buying season tickets ?

There's a generic term in Section 21 allowing for variations, so long as they notify ticket holders. Guess it's up to you whether you class posting this on the website and social media as notifying you.

Edited by ant
  • Like 1

My other half has just had a baby so myself and a mate will be using her and her mums season ticket to attend - do you think there will be any issue what with proving your test result/vaccine status against names on season tickets?!

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

My other half has just had a baby so myself and a mate will be using her and her mums season ticket to attend - do you think there will be any issue what with proving your test result/vaccine status against names on season tickets?!

Using someone elses season ticket is a breach of ground regulations and will lead to a ban and potential criminal proceedings for fraud if you are caught. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

If you are pulled for a Covid status check, you are stuffed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint_lambden said:

Let's be honest what will happen on Sunday - the queues will be horrendous building up to kick-off and the checks will just be abandoned to get everyone in for kick-off. 

I think that's right seeing as the protocol isn't even in effect until 1 October. 

I expect this match will feature a few, but not many, spot checks to see what lessons can be learnt. 

With the mess over season tickets and the usual shite start to the season I can't see the club being militant over this in practice when they aren't even required to be. I expect it will ramp up match to match ahead of October (unless it causes loads of issues and the PL revisits the protocol by then).

2 hours ago, Saint-Michael said:

so you tell everyone on here  your double jabbed but will not show proof of it to a steward makes no sense a bit like the programme   Embarrassing bodies.

I’m not against vaccines but absolutely against the implementation of digital passports to access domestic events. I see it as an opportunity for the state to impact more control to different areas of my life over time. I do not agree with it and will make that clear with my actions even if I’m alone. 

certainly won’t be backing down on my principles for a football game. I went to wembley and refused to show my passport and they let me through as I expect to be here.

feel free to give the state more control over you life if you are happy with it but personally I will push back if that ok with you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wild-saint said:

I’m not against vaccines but absolutely against the implementation of digital passports to access domestic events. I see it as an opportunity for the state to impact more control to different areas of my life over time. I do not agree with it and will make that clear with my actions even if I’m alone. 

certainly won’t be backing down on my principles for a football game. I went to wembley and refused to show my passport and they let me through as I expect to be here.

feel free to give the state more control over you life if you are happy with it but personally I will push back if that ok with you.

Whilst I understand your viewpoint I do hope you eventually give your head a wobble and realise there are times and places for single man protests… what exactly will it achieve except for irritating those around you and making it more difficult for those asked to carry out the corporate orders

I’m sure none of them really give a toss about your sit down protest.. if you want to enact change start protesting your local MP, delaying a queue at St Marys will have all the impact of writing your thoughts on the stool walls in felt tip pen…..

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I expect you will be fine, they will just scan the QR code and let you through.

The club should have told us what was required and what was an acceptable method of confirming it . LFT result can be photographed on your phone with some date indication , although the photo is date stamped . There are numerous ways to get round this . I carry my jab card and have NHS app that shows both jabs as well . I have never been asked to show either yet !

It is in the club’s interest to get ticket holders in I would have of thought . It’s all pretty irritating so we didn’t bother to rush to the pub or eat out until the rules were relaxed , pub visits are almost back to normal now.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Using someone elses season ticket is a breach of ground regulations and will lead to a ban and potential criminal proceedings for fraud if you are caught. 

Oh shit really? OK, i'll go hand myself in now.

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Against the T&Cs maybe, but I doubt fraud comes into it unless you are trying to get an adult in on a child ticket or similar. I've never had any issues lending my ticket to someone if I can't make a game and I reckon there'd be significant push back if they start enforcing checks. Some clubs - e.g. Brighton - are formally making tickets "shareable" now, but this just smacks of revenue rasing IMO (extra £20 at Brighton).