You Can Only Pick One......thankfully

beatlesaint

Ok, so lets say Armstrong comes back into the team as soon as fit enough and Ralph continues to ignore the possibilty of playing Tino further forward and insists Tella must be played as a striker.

That means you can only pick one of the following four - who do you go for ? Which one is the best, ranked in order 1-4

The choices of course are 

Elyounoussi

Walcott

Redmond

Djenepo

Edited by beatlesaint

My preference is Stuart Armstrong on the right, with Perraud and Djenepo on the left against the bottom 10 teams.

Against the big 6/Leicester/Everton, then Redmond because clearly Ralph thinks he follows his instructions best.

Elyounoussi still not really warming to me yet but he’s an okay impact sub I suppose.

As for Walcott, to me we’re paying £75k for a coach and some warm words every week about how good it is to be home. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Ok, so lets say Armstrong comes back into the team as soon as fit enough and Ralph continues to ignore the possibilty of playing Tino further forward and insists Tella must be played as a striker.

That means you can only pick one of the following four - who do you go for ? Which one is the best, ranked in order 1-4

Elyounoussi

Walcott

Redmond

Djenepo

Hobson

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, beatlesaint said:

Elyounoussi

Walcott

Redmond

Djenepo

I don't think it's so simple, as it would depend on the opposition, home or away, how we are setting up, etc.

10 hours ago, nta786 said:

My preference is Stuart Armstrong on the right, with Perraud and Djenepo on the left against the bottom 10 teams.

Against the big 6/Leicester/Everton, then Redmond because clearly Ralph thinks he follows his instructions best.

Elyounoussi still not really warming to me yet but he’s an okay impact sub I suppose.

As for Walcott, to me we’re paying £75k for a coach and some warm words every week about how good it is to be home. 

Agree that Stu A is the best of the bunch. The others all offer something different. As for Theo, pretty sure he had the 2nd most goals and assists (after Stu) last season (from those who were also here, obviously Moi got far more for Celtic).

57 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Djenepo is our only attacking player who has the ability to go past players with a bit of imagination. Yes his end product has been very poor but he certainly has more about him than the others. 

Agree that he is the one most able to use skill to get past a player. Tella can do so with his pace. Pretty sure Theo got more goals and assists than both last year though. 

54 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Tella probably, then Djenepo.

Didnt Tella play wide left yesterday? 

Yes he did. I thought he played okay too, especially given the opposition.

Absolutely hate myself for saying this, as he's so ruddy frustrating, but right now I'd pick Redmond. Then Djenepo. @nta786's idea above sounds good for me.

This has been an issue for me for seasons though - we have quantity over quality in attacking midfield.

Djenepo and Redmond both bring similar problems to the rest of the team, both capable with the ball at their feet.  But once the ball is at the business end of the pitch others are having to guess where they might pass it and when.  Djenepo running into the box like a rubber ball fired out of a cannon into a small room, Redmond head down ball at his feet hoping the bigger boys don’t hurt him: if he isn’t already going back the other way

Djenepo. He's frustrating as anything, his end product is poor and he is a yellow card machine but at least he actually takes people on and commits defenders even if nothing comes from it 95% of the time. 

Redmond when he has no confidence is a waste of space. 

Moi is far too slow for the division. 

Walcott is no different to Shane Long. About League One standard from a technical standpoint but can run fast and is 'good around the dressing room', which was apparently enough for a two year contract in both cases on ridiculous wages.