Josh Sims

once_bitterne

https://theathletic.com/2958956/2021/11/17/i-had-this-stabbing-pain-i-thought-it-was-a-heart-attack-josh-sims-explains-why-he-hasnt-kicked-a-ball-since-may/

Edited by stevegrant
Please do not copy and paste full articles from paywalled sites - snippets and quotes are fine, whole articles (without so much as a link back to the source) are not.

Wow! Thats quite a thing to read thanks @once_bitterne - very scary from his point of view.

What a shame for him, and his family, for the brief cameos he made for us, only a complete tool would fail to have any affection for the lad to succeed in football - even if not for us. Good to see the club helping with his rehabilitation.

Thanks for that OB.

Like many, Sims was one I was hoping to break through. I was really surprised he wasn't picked up.

Glad to hear that other clubs are still in touch and we've been doing well by him.

Let's hope his 2022 is as good as his 2021 was rubbish.

Threre was a fair bit of above and beyond shown by medical staff to former players in the Physio themed Secret Footballer book. There's often quite a bond players have with staff they trust.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trousers said:

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2019 (now full blown Crohn's) and have had similar symptoms to what Josh describes. Very scary when in a 'flare' situation. so fully emphasize with him. Good luck Josh ❤️

All the best to you Trousers.  My eldest daughter is a Doctor and sees many Crohn's patients.    Best of luck to Josh Sims to - be a shame if his undoubted talent is spoiled by health issues.

16 hours ago, trousers said:

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2019 (now full blown Crohn's) and have had similar symptoms to what Josh describes. Very scary when in a 'flare' situation. So fully emphasize with him. Good luck Josh ❤️

Well, good luck with that. But Josh, poor bu**er is 20, 30, er, 40 years younger than us!

• 2 months later...

Clearly the club weren't going to re-sign Josh (in summer) when he had such critical injury problems, but

(as with Sam Mc Queen) I think the club has " gone the extra mile " in helping him regain fitness and we

should respect that and the help he had in rehab. 

Although I liked his playing style, I doubt that Josh would have become a team regular, not because he

wasn't worth it, but the age-old question..  WHO would you have dropped in order to play him instead?

I'm sure We wish him well with Ross County, and he won't feel alone there with a couple of familiar faces

with Vokins and Ramsay also in their squad. 

It's tough for a team coming into the top tier, but glad to see Ross County are at least holding their own. 

• Like 1