Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

Unfortunately only seems to be one carriageway down, the one in the oppsite direction appears to still be operational. Still if they can do it once I'm sure they can come back and finish the job. 

The fact they managed to set fire to a passing oil tanker train indicates it was somebody watching and waiting for the right moment rather than a timer - unless they just got lucky. 

Edited by buctootim

52 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Unfortunately only seems to be one carriageway down, the one in the oppsite direction appears to still be operational. Still if they can do it once I'm sure they can come back and finish the job. 

The fact they managed to set fire to a passing oil tanker train indicates it was somebody watching and waiting for the right moment rather than a timer - unless they just got lucky. 

Only one carriageway has collapsed into the water, but we dont't know if the supports under the bridge have been damaged sufficient to impact the load carrying capacity of the other one, either by the initial blast or the fire from the train spilling over.

21 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Only one carriageway has collapsed into the water, but we dont't know if the supports under the bridge have been damaged sufficient to impact the load carrying capacity of the other one, either by the initial blast or the fire from the train spilling over.

Follow up;

From the CCTV video there is a possibility that the explosion was actually under the collapsed carriageway, in which case some force would certainly have affected the other carriageway, and probably the pillars. Also, there is video after the fire was extinguished that shows at least some damage and possibly warping of the road bed on the ' surviving' side.

I think any heavy loads intended for that route are out of the question for quite a few days.

Edited by badgerx16

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Follow up;

From the CCTV video there is a possibility that the explosion was actually under the collapsed carriageway, in which case some force would certainly have affected the other carriageway, and probably the pillars. Also, there is video after the fire was extinguished that shows at least some damage and possibly warping of the road bed on the ' surviving' side.

I think any heavy loads intended for that route are out of the question for quite a few days.

Russia are apparently targeting the end of the month for repairs.

It is quite interesting however seeing the Russian internet space reaction to it calling it a terrorist strike on civilian infrastructure. Pretty funny after them celebrating the destruction of hospitals and power infrastructure.

8 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

From the CCTV video there is a possibility that the explosion was actually under the collapsed carriageway, in which case some force would certainly have affected the other carriageway, and probably the pillars. 

It does look as if the destroyed section was blown upwards and off its its supports. The Russian media are however saying it was a truck bomb, which suggests the oppsite. Who knows.  

One of the supposedly inside FSB intelligence blogs I read. 

"While Russian President Vladimir Putin is holding emergency meetings and deciding how to respond to the "incident on the Crimean bridge," top-level Crimean officials have been advised to take families and movable property to "any safe area in Russia." Bryansk, Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh and Rostov regions are not considered safe. The Kremlin believes that the situation in Crimea could "deteriorate". For our part, we have already recommended and repeat the recommendation to leave Crimea in any way possible or to stock up on food and essential goods for several months.

Edited by buctootim

7 minutes ago, buctootim said:

It does look as if the destroyed section was blown upwards and off its its supports. The Russian media are however saying it was a truck bomb, which suggests the oppsite. Who knows.  

Whatever the Russian media say, the opposite is generally the truth.

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not looking forward to the inevitable response, Putin is going to be under pressure to use tactical nukes for sure now.

Russia has already blown at least a couple of dams. Generally their tantrums are to fire S300 SAMs at civilian housing.

He should only consider a tactical nuke if he is happy with losing what's left of the Black Sea Fleet, because I am sure NATO's non-escalatory response has that as an option.

Edited by badgerx16

All vehicles are supposedly scanned for explosives at the entrances, this was up to a ton of TNT or equivalent. The truck was coming from Krasnodar in Russia apparently... New rumours of a vessel seen under the bridge prior to the explosion, still inconclusive :

Expect a rain of Shahed drones will be unleashed in response. Widespread panic in Crimea as you would expect, Ukraine have won half the battle for Crimea already as no-one feels safe there anymore.

22 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Not looking forward to the inevitable response, Putin is going to be under pressure to use tactical nukes for sure now.

Under pressure from who? He’s the one driving this, the pressure is on him not to do that, at home and from NATO. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Under pressure from who? He’s the one driving this, the pressure is on him not to do that, at home and from NATO. 

So many thinking don’t beat him too bad or we get the nukes. Pussies

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

There is plenty in Russia wanting him to use nukes from what I have seen. I don’t think he will but I didn’t think he would invade Ukraine so who knows.

This video gives a scary insight into how fucked up some ordinary Russian are. Obviously it’s hard to say how representative it is:

Edited by aintforever

Not sure the Ukrainians particular care of the intricacies of the means by which they are being murdered, property destroyed and freedoms curtailed. Being irradiated or blown up still equals dead. The whole we can't upset a mad man in case he gets angrier is stupid. And it reflects poorly on those saying it. He is rational he is just working from a different set of assumptions than us. There is only one person. Who can stop this war and that is Putin. Are we going to condemn a group of people for "fighting too hard" to protect themselves from another group who seem intent on exterminating, torturing and raping them or forcing them to fight for them against their will. Wow I think a lot less of some people on here.

Edited by Mystic Force
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

Not sure the Ukrainians particular care of the intricacies of the means by which they are being murdered, property destroyed and freedoms curtailed. Being irradiated or blown up still equals dead. The whole we can't upset a mad man in case he gets angrier is stupid. And it reflects poorly on those saying it. He is rational he is just working from a different set of assumptions than us. There is only one person. Who can stop this war and that is Putin. Are we going to condemn a group of people for "fighting too hard" to protect themselves from another group who seem intent on exterminating, torturing and raping them or forcing them to fight for them against their will. Wow I think a lot less of some people on here.

Totally agree.

15 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

image.png.cf18917c2967f24b54febbd2ee07d062.png

Even the other side looks pretty knackered.

Interesting, Russian State TV actually acknowledging that it’s Ukraine, backed by NATO weapons and training, rather than NATO themselves in this one.

Wonder if that’s a deliberate change or if the host will want to avoid high windows for a while.

20 hours ago, aintforever said:

There is plenty in Russia wanting him to use nukes from what I have seen. I don’t think he will but I didn’t think he would invade Ukraine so who knows.

This video gives a scary insight into how fucked up some ordinary Russian are. Obviously it’s hard to say how representative it is:

Christ, they're like a different species.

Oh I thought the bridge was destroyed more crap from the Ukronazis. Some Ukronuts will remember the Dam with a bridge across the top they “ destroyed about a month ago pothole filled and Dam back in operation within 24 hours.

The final act of desperation by Kelensky, more a publicity stunt to fool the west.

13 minutes ago, manji said:

Oh I thought the bridge was destroyed more crap from the Ukronazis. Some Ukronuts will remember the Dam with a bridge across the top they “ destroyed about a month ago pothole filled and Dam back in operation within 24 hours.

The final act of desperation by Kelensky, more a publicity stunt to fool the west.

You spout such bollocks. They haven't repaired it, just as it wasn't 'destroyed'. It was, however seriously damaged; they are allowing limited numbers of light vehicles across, one direction at a time, across the carriageway that didn't collapse into the sea. Similarly with the rail bridge - one track is operating for limited weight of traffic, the other is out of action because they can't start repairing it until they have cut away the waggons that have welded to the track. then replaced the underlying structure that was warped by the fire.

Here's one for you - justify the missile attacks on the civilian population of Zaporizhzhia in the last couple of days, given they have officially become citizens of your puppet master.

Or is that all staged by the Ukrainians, and the dead women and children all actors ?

Edited by badgerx16

22 minutes ago, manji said:

Batshit mental.

3 minutes ago, manji said:

Kelensky is a coke addicted nut job . The Ukrainian military hate him there’s a Ukro bullet waiting for him. He is desperate. I know you struggle with this because you have been deluged with fake propaganda.

The only struggle round here is trying to make sense of your ramblings.

Oh, and you didn't respond to my request for justification of the Russia terrorism against their own citizens, ( at least as defined by Putler and his enablers ).

22 minutes ago, manji said:

The final act of desperation by Kelensky

"Final" act, really? As it stands no-ones even sure what happened exactly, all you can guarantee is that is was not a truck bomb as the Kremlin are saying, if only because they are saying it (and the blast is not consistant with that explanation etc). As a result of this publicity stunt thousands are attempting to leave Crimea, welcome to war, scary isn't it? I must say Manji you pro-Russians are at least consistent from what I've read these past months, your delusional paranoia allows nothing inconvenient to you to pass without tagging it as fake, western propaganda. Shiogu and Gerasimov both sidelined earlier by Putin, and you say Zalenski is desperate?

The only struggle round here is trying to make sense of your ramblings.

Oh, and you didn't respond to my request for justification of the Russia terrorism against their own citizens, ( at least as defined by Putler and his enablers ).

This is what he means :

51 minutes ago, manji said:

Congratulations, you’re officially more optimistic about the way things are going for Russia than Russian State TV   :lol: 

1 hour ago, manji said:

You do realise that the Ukrainians had nothing to do with this? Your fellow Russians couldn’t even blow up their own bridge properly. But that was probably the whole idea.

On 08/10/2022 at 14:45, aintforever said:

Is there a nation with more ugly deformed people than Russia?  Nuclear war would  do these mutants a favour putting them out of their desperately miserable existence. Ugly fucks

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

Is there a nation with more ugly deformed people than Russia?  Nuclear war would  do these mutants a favour putting them out of their desperately miserable existence. Ugly fucks

The problem is they would be launching their nukes, ( assuming they are more reliable than the rest of their armoury ), at us.

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

The problem is they would be launching their nukes, ( assuming they are more reliable than the rest of their armoury ), at us.

I was thinking of our retaliatory strike but yes maybe theirs may go pop and kill them all

Not that I'd want to take the risk, but ;

Do any of Russia's Nuclear Weapons Actually Work? (dailykos.com)

There was a report a couple of days ago on "150.000 missing winter uniforms" in Russia, they were ordered, paid for, and the fraction that actually got manufactured were sold off, everyone in the chain getting their bung. Thousands of Russian soldiers will probably freeze to death as a consequence, who cares, not Putin that's for sure. In contrast Germany is to send 100,000 winter uniforms for AFU, together with 100 team tents with heating facilities, other countries are contributing in this area as well.

11 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Not that I'd want to take the risk, but ;

Do any of Russia's Nuclear Weapons Actually Work? (dailykos.com)

There was a report a couple of days ago on "150.000 missing winter uniforms" in Russia, they were ordered, paid for, and the fraction that actually got manufactured were sold off, everyone in the chain getting their bung. Thousands of Russian soldiers will probably freeze to death as a consequence, who cares, not Putin that's for sure. In contrast Germany is to send 100,000 winter uniforms for AFU, together with 100 team tents with heating facilities, other countries are contributing in this area as well.

The worry is not the Russian army, that's down to Putin; it's the tens of thousands of civilians displaced or homeless across the combat zone without electricity or other utilities, who are out of reach of humanitarian support.

Edited by badgerx16

3 hours ago, manji said:

Kelensky is a coke addicted nut job . The Ukrainian military hate him there’s a Ukro bullet waiting for him. He is desperate. I know you struggle with this because you have been deluged with fake propaganda.

What is your deal Komrad Manji? Why are you balls-deep in Putin, are you actually Russian or just a bit fucked-up (same thing really)?

13 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Putput throwing a tantrum as a number of 'Serbian car accidents' hit across Ukraine.

And they accuse Ukraine of terrorism.

And yet people say Ukraine are winning. It won't feel that way to the residents of multiple Ukrainian cities. A large price for a small hole in a bridge and a bruised Russian ego.