Saints Kits Season 2023/24

Master Bates

8 hours ago, Danny R said:

It's weird that we haven't tried to replicate that style as yet. 

Actually, on reflection, would love to revisit it. But not sure now is the right moment, what with things being somewhat shambolic and all….

On 10/05/2023 at 22:44, teamsaint said:

We should revisit the 1976 onwards kit , or something similar. Loved that shirt.

Introduced whilst in the old Division 2 and it saw us through to promotion back to Div 1 so the perfect timing to bring it back.

(Actually first worn at Wembley in the Charity Shield but can't see that happening again any time soon)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

A beautiful sky blue backdrop to reflect the fact that all our players either have their heads in the clouds or have been on the beach the last six months

Players? I think that might be the boardroom and owners (football geniuses) too. Don't forget they don't worry about league positions.

10 minutes ago, David Strover said:

Players? I think that might be the boardroom and owners (football geniuses) too. Don't forget they don't worry about league positions.

It's only fair for them not to worry about league positions, isn't it? After all, we were lucky to be in the Premier League and are lucky to be in the Championship, too. For a club of our size, participation in both leagues is a modern-day miracle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

It's only fair for them not to worry about league positions, isn't it? After all, we were lucky to be in the Premier League and are lucky to be in the Championship, too. For a club of our size, participation in both leagues is a modern-day miracle.

But do you have to leave your wife and kids every weekend to watch that tripe?

If we had been making up these quotes it would be quite right to call us knobheads but even if paraphrased somewhat they are amazingly things that have been said by head-honchoes at Southampton FC.😶

Edited by David Strover
changed 'you' to 'your' because I don't pay attention to my typing.
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

Would love to see us with red over green of Hummel's Real Betis' 23/24 home kit.

PtATIiZNLAoeXWU.jpg

Looks lovely, swap the white with red, and green with white, and you've got a clsassic Saints kit IMO. SR just might think it's a bit close to 21/22 though. But with thinner stripes, its a YES from me.

hummel SOU 21/22 HOME JERSEY S/S - RED | hummel.net

Hummel seem to over design the kits - too much designer detail. The 21/22 kit was pretty good apart from the shaded chevrons in the stripes which ruined it. 

This seasons looks more like Ajax than Saints - with a little bit more thought and a couple of think stripes they could have made it more like the early 70s kit and sold probably twice as many shirts.

But surely the obvious thing for Hummel to do is go for the half and half shirt we all remember from the last time they were our kit suppliers.  If they are looking for somethiing different another sash shirt would have been the way to go.

As the saying goes keep it simple stupid

• Confused 1

Unless I am very much mistaken (to be honest I have never really paid much attention before) Sportsbet.io aren't appearing as a Sponsor at the footer of the Website pages...

Does anyone remember when the current sponsorship deal was due to run out?

25 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

Unless I am very much mistaken (to be honest I have never really paid much attention before) Sportsbet.io aren't appearing as a Sponsor at the footer of the Website pages...

Initial one year deal signed in August 2020, extended "for a further three years" in April 2021, so theoretically should have another year to run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edprice1984 said:

I asked this yesterday, and also on Twitter, and apparently yeah, they are still listed on the "Club Partners" page despite not being on the banner. Strange though!

2 hours ago, St Jim said:

I suspect the next kit will be along these lines, but hopefully better.

If we can get rid of the black from the kit, that would be good. Time for a return of the navy shorts.

• Like 1

Let’s see what hash of a kit they come up with this season, plain backs are awful, stripes with a black number maybe,, now there’s a thought!!!! 

mock ups are ok, the bold stripes kit is nice, simple, classic, I don’t get the clamour for the old danish pink from a distance kit, it was nasty at the time and will be again , all for a bit of imagination but it really did look pink when we had it in 1987. Whatever it is we get please let’s have it loosely based on a striped design, navy shorts could be smart, really dark could be classy. No point in adopting that if we would then revert to black shorts a session later. The black on the club crest could be dark navy aswell, maybe someone could do a mock up of that?? That would look good, guess would be a lot of rebranding around the place but no point if as I say we return to black shorts  a little further down the line. 

All a bit of fun designing kits, we do it every season then uo with a total disappointment of a kit. More things to worry about re this club , kit the least of them but it’s fun all the same. 

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 10:28, Wurzel said:

Introduced whilst in the old Division 2 and it saw us through to promotion back to Div 1 so the perfect timing to bring it back.

(Actually first worn at Wembley in the Charity Shield but can't see that happening again any time soon)

Channon looked resplendent in that beautiful football shirt 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JCBSaint said:

Let’s see what hash of a kit they come up with this season, plain backs are awful, stripes with a black number maybe,, now there’s a thought!!!! 

mock ups are ok, the bold stripes kit is nice, simple, classic, I don’t get the clamour for the old danish pink from a distance kit, it was nasty at the time and will be again , all for a bit of imagination but it really did look pink when we had it in 1987. Whatever it is we get please let’s have it loosely based on a striped design, navy shorts could be smart, really dark could be classy. No point in adopting that if we would then revert to black shorts a session later. The black on the club crest could be dark navy aswell, maybe someone could do a mock up of that?? That would look good, guess would be a lot of rebranding around the place but no point if as I say we return to black shorts  a little further down the line. 

All a bit of fun designing kits, we do it every season then uo with a total disappointment of a kit. More things to worry about re this club , kit the least of them but it’s fun all the same. 

The kit for the coming season is probably already cast in stone, unless perhaps we leave Hummell. What we should be pushing for is the 2024/25 kit

I sort of feel like they could save a ton of money and effort by asking fans to submit designs, offering a prize for the winner and then going with that... the fan mock ups are always so much better than the actual shirts! 

That half and half kit is just beautiful 

Edited by The Juice
I'm a silly bear

2 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

The kit for the coming season is probably already cast in stone, unless perhaps we leave Hummell. What we should be pushing for is the 2024/25 kit

This would indicate you’re right….(from the outgoing director of marketing)

IMG_5245.jpeg

2 hours ago, Southner said:

Hummel is 100 years old this year. Could any new strips incorporate some kind of celebratory details? 

Someone last year said:

"Next year is Hummels 100th year anniversary and have said that the teams they supply kits to are in for a surprise"

It's this one, hence the website.

Fw_WJgWXsAkpi6r.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1