Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

31 minutes ago, Dman said:

fulham have alredy signed his replacement - they've brought in Jimenez from Wolves .

My money is still on him going to Bournemouth. I reckon Solanke will move to West Ham and they'll nip in for Adams late in the window. 

And where would that leave Ings I wander....

Just now, egg said:

And where would that leave Ings I wander....

A bit part player but earning £120k a week with two years left on his contract. I think you’d have to believe in miracles to think he’d end up here. But, you know, never say never 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Can we siphon off the tedious war related guff on this thread so that those of us who have to catch up after work don't have to wade through it all like we're actually in the Somme.

Also find it weird that all the posts have been left untouched after a load were deleted from the Women's thread that were actually talking about the players and therefore far more relevant than people banging on about battlefields. 

Try reading without putting your finger under each word   - saves time!

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

A bit part player but earning £120k a week with two years left on his contract. I think you’d have to believe in miracles to think he’d end up here. But, you know, never say never 🤣

So £12m wages for west ham for a player they'd likely no longer need. There's a deal to be had there for someone you'd think. 

4 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Ings is like a chick who has dumped you and shagged your mate but you still pine after her cos she was a great shag.

Sort yourself out, have some self respect and move on, no point looking backwards as we are not going there.

No pining from me mate. I'd prefer someone with a future. If west ham sign a starter, he'll doubtless feature in the merry-go-round you'd imagine, and something may arise for us. 

Edited by egg

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Can we siphon off the tedious war related guff on this thread so that those of us who have to catch up after work don't have to wade through it all like we're actually in the Somme.

Also find it weird that all the posts have been left untouched after a load were deleted from the Women's thread that were actually talking about the players and therefore far more relevant than people banging on about battlefields. 

One of the highlights of this forum is when a thread has grown by 5 pages in a day with literally nothing happened and people come Here complaining there is no new news 

also the moderation of this forum Is hilariously bad. They’re like PCSOs that go around telling people off for crossing the road on the red man whilst people are running around stabbing each other on other threads. #whoismoderatingthemods?

29 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Guys, I think Turkish is upset that someone deleted his posts.

I just wish he'd speak up instead of letting it fester!!

I am as in releasing a range of CoT t-shirts outside the northam on Saturday, available it red, white or black costing just £29.99. I need these post to increase profile 

Now you mention it would a 

“who is moderating the mods?” With an image of Jimmy D deleting posts Piece go down well? Or this one as first draft? 

77815CDE-BBC4-4AEE-8D3E-B0A5D8AE8287.jpeg

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I am as in releasing a range of CoT t-shirts outside the northam on Saturday, available it red, white or black costing just £29.99. I need these post to increase profile 

Now you mention it would a 

“who is moderating the mods?” With an image of Jimmy D deleting posts Piece go down well? Or this one as first draft? 

I don’t need a t-shirt thanks, I’ve still got my 2014 “Stop Stamping On My Dreams” one hanging up in the wardrobe. Good luck with the sales though 👍

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is anyone else a little weary about us being linked with a £12m deal for the Swansea defender that shipped fifty-plus goals last season? May as well just keep Bednarek.

Surely go for a minor upgrade, is it Harwood-Bellis(?) the City youngster did well last season, rather a punt on him.

He didn't ship 50 plus goals by himself mate. The lad is apparently decent. Assuming ABK is on his way, I'd have him, Bednarek and Stephens as a main 3 x CB's, with Lyanco available if we're absolutely desperate. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Is anyone else a little weary about us being linked with a £12m deal for the Swansea defender that shipped fifty-plus goals last season? May as well just keep Bednarek.

Surely go for a minor upgrade, is it Harwood-Bellis(?) the City youngster did well last season, rather a punt on him.

we shipped 73, but someone bought our defensive midfielder for £58m.  Potentially having two of their defenders and the manager is a little disconcerting, but in the end, what really matters is how good he is and can be. He looks like he has some decent attributes. We'll have to see if he can become a star.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

I can see Larios is too.  Competition at left back. McCarthy also training, so his knock wasn't too bad either. A fully fit squad.

The knocked seemed to ease once Palaces interest did, amazing coincidence 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

Has all interest in Sulemana faded too, so he has decided to be fit?

A week ago there were reports of Monaco putting in a 25M euro bid for him. Would’ve thought the club might have jettisoned him for that sort of offer, but it seems to have gone very dry since.

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

A week ago there were reports of Monaco putting in a 25M euro bid for him. Would’ve thought the club might have jettisoned him for that sort of offer, but it seems to have gone very dry since.

The interesting thing about the Monaco bid was it was supposedly placed direct on us with no agents involved which I suspect would be a non starter anyway as they’ll have their snouts in the trough any chance of a bit of cash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Wasn't that what we paid for him? Saints obviously want more money than they paid for him, maybe a fair bit more. I also thought he'd be sold II'm surpised he's even shown up for training), but fair play to the club. If they think they can get more and not end up with an unhappy player doing nothing for our promotion hopes, then that's great. He's a talent and you can't have too much pace and trickery in my book. 

11 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I'm not sure about him to be honest. I think we will be fine with Ameyew and Edozie and not sure where he would fit in. 

Sulemana is superior to both right now. His performance against Liverpool last season was superb. He would be an unbelievable player to have on the left with Tella on the right. 

• Like 10

Just now, Chez said:

Wasn't that what we paid for him? Saints obviously want more money than they paid for him, maybe a fair bit more. I also thought he'd be sold II'm surpised he's even shown up for training), but fair play to the club. If they think they can get more and not end up with an unhappy player doing nothing for our promotion hopes, then that's great. He's a talent and you can't have too much pace and trickery in my book. 

He’s one that if we lost I would totally understand but if we kept then, at this level, he could be phenomenal. God knows where his head is at, let alone his actual fitness/injury level. 1 week left until that window slams shut, gonna be a roller coaster I’m sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

The interesting thing about the Monaco bid was it was supposedly placed direct on us with no agents involved which I suspect would be a non starter anyway as they’ll have their snouts in the trough any chance of a bit of cash

I would imagine the player would really fancy that move. If he wants it maybe he'll have to pay the agent out of his share of the transfer fee instead of ours. Old skool.

Just now, The Kraken said:

He’s one that if we lost I would totally understand but if we kept then, at this level, he could be phenomenal. God knows where his head is at, let alone his actual fitness/injury level. 1 week left until that window slams shut, gonna be a roller coaster I’m sure.

Man, I know everyone wants to see a couple more new signings, but if he stayed AND played, that would genuinely feel like anew signing to me. No idea why I am suddenly getting my hopes up. "All of em will leave".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Sulemana is superior to both right now. His performance against Liverpool last season was superb. He would be an unbelievable player to have on the left with Tella on the right. 

Agreed. I think he has the potential to be our best player. Him and Tella would be superb. Edozie and young Sam off the bench, or as alternatives - I wouldn't rely on either of those as first pick, Edozie still doesn't do it for me cos of the lack of end product, and Sam shouldn't have the main man pressure quite yet. 

• Like 3

Just now, Chez said:

Man, I know everyone wants to see a couple more new signings, but if he stayed AND played, that would genuinely feel like anew signing to me. No idea why I am suddenly getting my hopes up. "All of em will leave".

Imagine if there was zero transfer activity for SFC between now and the window. None in, none out. Where does that leave us? I’d say, a phenomenal squad for this level but probably losing a fuck ton of money. But the club are playing hard ball on prices so goodness knows what will happen! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

I would imagine the player would really fancy that move. If he wants it maybe he'll have to pay the agent out of his share of the transfer fee instead of ours. Old skool.

Why wouldn’t you? Great place to live, easier league challenging at the top of the table. The only reason to come to England is money, which is pretty evident from the attitude of the players that come here 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why wouldn’t you? Great place to live, easier league challenging at the top of the table. The only reason to come to England is money, which is pretty evident from the attitude of the players that come here 

no income tax there still?

If we have turned down €25m, and I am never sure about these reports, just how much do we want for him?  Are we adding €10m to his price tag? 

1 minute ago, Chez said:

no income tax there still?

If we have turned down €25m, and I am never sure about these reports, just how much do we want for him?  Are we adding €10m to his price tag? 

I’m not sure why we would, one good game in the six months he was here would suggest we’d be lucky to get what we paid, even if we think he might cook in the championship as he’s a sick baller bruv 

14 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Imagine if there was zero transfer activity for SFC between now and the window. None in, none out. Where does that leave us? I’d say, a phenomenal squad for this level but probably losing a fuck ton of money. But the club are playing hard ball on prices so goodness knows what will happen! 

I’m dead excited of this Norwegian joining us given how good the last one was 👍

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m dead excited of this Norwegian joining us given how good the last one was 👍

Please don’t do that. I’d somewhat forgotten him and I was all the happier for it.

Besides, we’ve otherwise got a alright record of Norwegians. Claus, Egil, Soldvedt, Jo. We did alright out of Norge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Please don’t do that. I’d somewhat forgotten him and I was all the happier for it.

Besides, we’ve otherwise got a alright record of Norwegians. Claus, Egil, Soldvedt, Jo. We did alright out of Norge.

Vegard Forren, Stig Johansen, Martin stensgaard etc 

• Haha 1

I'm assuming these last few days, especially after this weekend's games, are when the flurry of movement will happen. Teams will assess injuries, players will decide if they need to move down a level to the Championship etc.

Is this the current state of things based on the last week or so? Please correct me where I'm wrong:

Outgoings:

• McCarthy - Interest from Palace and Everton. Seems to have cooled.
  • Bella-Kotchap - Interest from Bayern Munich and Dortmund. Both look to be loans, possibly with an option or obligation to buy.
  • Aribo - Interest from Hellas Verona.
  • Tella - Bid rejected from Bayer Leverkusen. They will likely make a substantial offer among reports they will make him the biggest transfer of the summer. Burnley no longer interested.
  • Adams - Bid received from Everton. Value seems to be close to being accepted (or has been accepted), but Everton don't actually want to pay any money. Will be offered a new contract if not sold.
  • Onuachu - Potentially going back to Genk on a swap deal for Paintsil.

Incomings:

• Nathan Wood (CB, 21, Swansea) - Reportedly close to making an approx £10m bid.
  • Taylor Harwood-Bellis (CB, 21, Man City) - Interested, as is Leeds and Leicester. £15m reported price.
  • Djed Spence (RB, 23, Spurs) - Rumoured interest. Spurs will loan.
  • Cody Drameh (RB, 21, Leeds) - Rumoured interest from RM either this summer or in January.
  • Johan Hove (CM, 22, FC Groningen) - Rumoured to be interested and close to activating his relegation release clause.
  • James McAtee (CM, 20, Man City) - Rumoured interest, but likely will go back to Sheffield Utd on loan if no transfer can be agreed.
  • Luca Kerber (CM, 21, Saabrucken) - Rumoured interest. Playing at a much lower level, potentially a Sports Republic signing like Lis?
  • Joseph Paintsil (RW, 25, Genk) - Potential swap deal for Onuachu.
  • Lawrence Shankland (CF, 28, Hearts) - Rumoured interest.
  • Joel Piroe (CF, 23, Swansea) - Interested. Leeds are more proactive in trying to sign him. Likely Saints will only do so if Adams leaves.

Anything credible that I've missed? I'm sure we will have some late surprises when players suddenly become available. I can see us doing deals right to the end with those 4 loan spots still available.

• Like 6