Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

46 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

The one thing this summer has shown is we have a valuation for a player- if that’s not met they don’t go even if you don’t like them.

Yeah I know, I didn't mean to sound so literal.

That being said, We should try and get 10Million for him. 😁🤣

7 hours ago, Hopper said:

Reportedly we've rejected an offer for Aribo from Verona, with two unnamed Ligue 1 clubs also tracking him.

He must be the easiest player to “track”, the trackers wouldn’t need to accelerate beyond a gentle trot.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Not really credible but is that our first link to Piroe? 

We are interested, have been all summer. Makes complete sense....played for Martin, last year of contract so "value", goalscorer...

I've been told there are prem clubs in for him, but probably not as first choice. I'm pretty sure he will leave Swans. Leeds and Leicester were both keen too last time I heard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

We are interested, have been all summer. Makes complete sense....played for Martin, last year of contract so "value", goalscorer...

I've been told there are prem clubs in for him, but probably not as first choice. I'm pretty sure he will leave Swans. Leeds and Leicester were both keen too last time I heard.

Plus Monk a genuine ITK also posted that he was our top target 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

If Leicester sell Daka they’ll be in the race

10 hours ago, The Kraken said:

He’s one that if we lost I would totally understand but if we kept then, at this level, he could be phenomenal. God knows where his head is at, let alone his actual fitness/injury level. 1 week left until that window slams shut, gonna be a roller coaster I’m sure.

We pay him a lot of money so if his head is elsewhere he needs to return it to the club who are paying him a fortune to do his job. The money these guys earn - just get on and do what you're paid for because it's not a bad life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, disconnect said:

Would mean KWP is off I guess, as pretty sure he plays right back rather than centre back?

Yes, he's a right back, but would be a very interesting target if true. According to Transfermarkt he's played 87 games for WHU - 55 in the PL, the rest in domestic cups and European competitions, so bags of experience and still only 23. No idea of his style of play, but he's also around 6' so would improve our defensive 'size' issue. As he is an established PL player, I wonder whether the enquiry is for a loan rather than to buy?

5 minutes ago, CamSaint said:

Yes, he's a right back, but would be a very interesting target if true. According to Transfermarkt he's played 87 games for WHU - 55 in the PL, the rest in domestic cups and European competitions, so bags of experience and still only 23. No idea of his style of play, but he's also around 6' so would improve our defensive 'size' issue. As he is an established PL player, I wonder whether the enquiry is for a loan rather than to buy?

He’s 5ft 9in - that’s not around 6ft. He’s a relative midget.

6 minutes ago, LegalEagle said:

He’s 5ft 9in - that’s not around 6ft. He’s a relative midget.

A midget is 4 foot 10 or below, so he an almost a foot taller than what defines a midget. Has anyone checked his limbs? If they are disproportionate to his body he could be a relative dwarf though

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

A midget is 4 foot 10 or below, so he an almost a foot taller than what defines a midget. Has anyone checked his limbs? If they are disproportionate to his body he could be a relative dwarf though

Or a dwarf's relative.

• Like 1

Swansea City head coach Michael Duff says the club have rejected an offer for centre-back Nathan Wood.

Reports emerging on Wednesday claimed Southampton had lodged an offer of around £10million for the 21-year-old, who's emerged as a key target for former Swans boss Russell Martin.

While admitting Southampton's interest is genuine, suggestions of a bid were initially strongly denied by club sources.

But Duff has since claimed the club have now rebuffed a concrete approach for the centre-back.

"I think there's a bid, yeah," he said when asked about the speculation. "I think it got rejected. It's a sign of having good players. If no one's bidding for any of the players then we'd be useless. We think we've got some good players.

"Woody's one of those. He's got loads and loads of work to do, but he's got a high ceiling in terms of his footballing ability and his attributes as well.

"As an ex-centre-half I'll try to help him as much as I can, and we'll see what happens."

Pressed on whether the bid was from Southampton, he added: "I know there was a bid. I've read the same Sky Sports News as you."

It's not clear how much the bid was, nor is there yet any clarity on how much it will take to prise Wood away from SA1.

"I don't get involved in that part of the conversation," Duff insisted. "There will be a valuation of every player. If it's met, they get sold. That's the food chain. It doesn't matter where you are in the football world."

Edited by CSA96

1 hour ago, macca155 said:

Well that's an interesting list from a Saints point of view.

High levels of possession help those stats

Screenshot_20230824-090419_X.jpg

It’s easy to be accurate when you only roll the ball five yards. 98% of their passes were between Bednarek and Stephens and back again. (I may have made up that figure)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Swansea City head coach Michael Duff says the club have rejected an offer for centre-back Nathan Wood.

Reports emerging on Wednesday claimed Southampton had lodged an offer of around £10million for the 21-year-old, who's emerged as a key target for former Swans boss Russell Martin.

While admitting Southampton's interest is genuine, suggestions of a bid were initially strongly denied by club sources.

But Duff has since claimed the club have now rebuffed a concrete approach for the centre-back.

"I think there's a bid, yeah," he said when asked about the speculation. "I think it got rejected. It's a sign of having good players. If no one's bidding for any of the players then we'd be useless. We think we've got some good players.

"Woody's one of those. He's got loads and loads of work to do, but he's got a high ceiling in terms of his footballing ability and his attributes as well.

"As an ex-centre-half I'll try to help him as much as I can, and we'll see what happens."

Pressed on whether the bid was from Southampton, he added: "I know there was a bid. I've read the same Sky Sports News as you."

It's not clear how much the bid was, nor is there yet any clarity on how much it will take to prise Wood away from SA1.

"I don't get involved in that part of the conversation," Duff insisted. "There will be a valuation of every player. If it's met, they get sold. That's the food chain. It doesn't matter where you are in the football world."

Let the games begin

15 minutes ago, CSA96 said:

Looks like Swansea have us over a barrel with a large tub of lube at hand with Wood and Piroe. No surprise really given our raid on their Management team and the nature of our transfer business (big pot from JWP and Lavia deals waiting to be raided).

3 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Looks like Swansea have us over a barrel with a large tub of lube at hand with Wood and Piroe. No surprise really given our raid on their Management team and the nature of our transfer business (big pot from JWP and Lavia deals waiting to be raided).

I thought we were told businesses have to sell if you offer them their valuation of the player.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

It was always going to happen. Wait until the last week of the window clubs know you’re desperate plus have a made a fortune they’re not going to give their players away. 

• Like 1