What films are you watching?

Pancake

Watched Trollhunter last night. Entertaining and I find myself, as with Cloverfield, coming down fairly and squarely on the side of the 'monsters'.

Stupid f*cking humans.

I'll +1 Trollhunter.

The humans are particularly stupid, apart from the Troll Hunter himself, who I kinda liked.

No doubt, more will be played on the ring and maybe smeagol may make another appearance in the final film

Whilst the trilogy is mostly based on the one book, they're adding bits in and possibly partly closing the gap between the end of the Hobbit and the start of LOTR, based on the back story of the LOTR characters, and the Unfinished Tales. If any extras follow reasonably close to Tolkien's writing it might include more Elves, and also Strider ( Aragorn ), who captures Gollum in the Dead Marshes.

( Mind you, Jackson did make some notable 'variations' to the established story line in the original films ).

Edited by badgerx16

Just seen hobbit 2

Was good, definitely worth while making this into 3 films. Otherwise much of the dragon, elvish scenes would have to have been cut

The story also carries in small parts to set up LOTR trilogy with a brief discovery of sauron

No doubt, more will be played on the ring and maybe shmegal may make another appearance in the final film

I took my son to see it. I thought it had some good moments, but overall was quite boring. Much too long. And, with these sorts of films, becomes tiresome with non-stop OTT special effects.

this is good place to watch stream movies, it's constantly updated + all youtubes so you can watch easy + on ipads + no viruses.

http://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonyoutube/

I was sposed to go out but instead i sat and watched a movie called Don Jon. It was pretty good movie bout wanking. Scarlett Johansson gave me boner, but i took care of it.

Cheers bear. Is that the Gordon Joseph Levitt film? Any good?

Recently watched......

Elysium. Decent; liked the performance from Sharlto Copley, and Jodie Foster looked milfish at times. 7/10

Worlds End. Gash. 3/10

REDS 2. Okay. 6/10

Inception. Rewatched, having only seen it once before. Awesome. 9/10

2Guns. Silly action film, liked it. 7.5/10

Kick Ass 2. Not as good as I hoped for. 6/10

this is good place to watch stream movies, it's constantly updated + all youtubes so you can watch easy + on ipads + no viruses.

I was sposed to go out but instead i sat and watched a movie called Don Jon. It was pretty good movie bout wanking. Scarlett Johansson gave me boner, but i took care of it.

But no sexy bongo bongo films allowed yo :(

Recently watched:

American Beauty - Not one I'd seen before. Very good film, that has so many layers of deeper meaning. 8/10

Captain Phillips - Absolutely gripping, the way it goes it's quite incredible it's a true story. 8.5/10

The Kings of Summer - Bit of a boys' own adventure. Easy watching. 7/10

Wolf of Wall Street - I know it's Scorsese but there were marked similarities to Goodfellas. Particularly in the delivery and storyline. It's effectively a white collar Goodfellas. Shame it was pretty much 3 hours, though. 7.5/10

That's a good link. Found loads of eighties movies.

I started watching The Running Man; it's set in 2017 so it must be starting on the telly soon.

Channel4's next show after Benefits Street?

Recently watched:

Don Jon (7/10) - Interesting idea and well-written, but I found it very hard to masturbate to.

Lone Survivor (7.5/10) - Good performances and got my pulse going. Lots of nice beards and robes that I could look at while I tugged on my forlock.

American Hustle (5/10) - Vastly overrated and a bit vapid. Despite the plentiful cleavage, Jennifer Lawrence looked like she'd been stung in the face by a bee for most of the film.

The Wolf of Wall Street (8.5/10) - Very entertaining, 3hrs long but felt like 90 minutes. Been described as the Pulp Fiction of the 2010s, and I can see why*

Anchorman 2 (6.5/10) - Big fan of the first one, really enjoyed the first hour but hated the last 30 minutes. Kristen Wiig gave me a boner too, which is weird as her character is a retard.

*also I managed to crack one off during the cerebral palsy scene.

So flying and new season of movies, some I watched over the holidays

Red 2 - daft good fun for a few beers and a night in.

Expendables 2 - again what a rubbish movie but with a few beers we laughed at all the Arnie Jokes.

Last Stand - yep same again.

Sensing an old fart trend in the movies these days!

Gravity - second watch still as good and tense as the first, Damn I wish I had seen it in 3D

On "Sky Plus" last night - World's Apart - Cirque du Soleil.

I HATE this type of arty farty krap.

Bad haircut elf wannabe chick walks into a Circus, sees a bloke, gets given a poster by a clown of the Aerialist, watches show, Trapeze guy falls off.

End of "Story" after about 5 minutes.

It then becomes a vehicle for the two to try and "find each other while walking "through" all the different CdS shows around the world..........

And it is awesome. Not so much a film more of a 90 minute long advert for the shows and jeez it was good stuff.

It had a WTF comment from us about every 10 minutes. The Contortionist chicks "Spider" brought out the "eff me backwards" gag and (shame) I actually thought to myself that the Bear & Tokes would enjoy the movie just for that one clip. The fight scene on the "Wall" was oustanding.

We DID ask ourselves halfway through what the fark do they smoke to come up with that stuff. Think that was answered pretty well with a whole Sergeant Pepper/Lucy in the Sky set in the middle.

A REAL surprise and worth a watch even for us Sci-Fi or die types.

(I'm off to therapy tomorrow because for a Circus & Ballet hater I thought the final scene/set was just stunning.)

Stick it on the box for the misses, grab a beer and cope with the first 5 minutes of weird sh1t attempts at actual acting and strangely I think you'll be looking to see whether CdS might be coming to town.

A truly worrying 8/10

The Wolf of Wall Street (8.5/10) - Very entertaining, 3hrs long but felt like 90 minutes. Been described as the Pulp Fiction of the 2010s, and I can see why*

Anchorman 2 (6.5/10) - Big fan of the first one, really enjoyed the first hour but hated the last 30 minutes. Kristen Wiig gave me a boner too, which is weird as her character is a retard.

*also I managed to crack one off during the cerebral palsy scene.

v.wise to target CP + retards in ur amorous advances mikey. Punch yo weight!

Expendables 2 - again what a rubbish movie but with a few beers we laughed at all the Arnie Jokes.

Last Stand - yep same again.

I caught The Last Stand last night. Utter B-movie, with some unintentionally hilarious lines. That said, it does have some stuff I've never seen in a movie before.

One review I read said it's fine until anyone needs to act. Think I'd go along with that. I wonder if the acting had anything to do with the director making his first US film?

Despite all that, a beloved 6/10.

We DID ask ourselves halfway through what the fark do they smoke to come up with that stuff. Think that was answered pretty well with a whole Sergeant Pepper/Lucy in the Sky set in the middle.

Sorry Phil. Missed this first time out, although this is far from the first time you've pegged creative talent to smokeable substances.

Let's run through the options:-

1) Crack cocaine.

Unlikely. It's highly addictive to the point where our writers probably wouldn't care about finishing a script; more like "which cock do I have to suck to get my next fix"

2) Weed

Again, unlikely. The most honest criticism I've ever heard of weed is from Charlie Brooker, who likens partaking to pressing a giant pause button in your life. For that reason, I'm discounting chronic smoking here, although weekend inspiration may be a factor.

3) Cigarettes

Of all the "what have they been smoking" options, this is the likeliest.

Well done Phil, you advert for cigarettes, you.

Personally, I think you need to expand your question to "what have they been taking?".

this is v.true! If ur interested in CP sex sub-genre there is a movie called Storytelling you should watch. It's one of my favourites! It's by Todd Solondz who is also one of my favourite director-men, you may know him from the more famous movie Happiness which is also v.lols.

The first half of Storytelling is bout this bird who is sexing a CP dude. She gets fed up with him though, she's like "Fucking cripple! I thought he would be different. I mean, he's got CP." So she instead fucks her teacher at school. He is black guy + while he's doing her he makes her shout "Fuck me nigger!" over + over. He's doing this cos he's calling her on her bullshit, and her affectation of liberality. It's a v.clever movie like that, there's lots of things where stuff seems strange then you think about it and see that it is perfect.

It's a bit difficult to explain but the movie is v.hilarious! It's also good cos you get to see Selma Blair (who you may know from movies such as Cruel Intentions + Hellboy) get bummed. I give it 5 bones for the first half! The second half of the movie is a whole other story featuring Jon Goodman which is also funny+clever but less vicious, I only give that 4 bones.

this is v.true! If ur interested in CP sex sub-genre there is a movie called Storytelling you should watch. It's one of my favourites! It's by Todd Solondz who is also one of my favourite director-men, you may know him from the more famous movie Happiness which is also v.lols.

The first half of Storytelling is bout this bird who is sexing a CP dude. She gets fed up with him though, she's like "Fucking cripple! I thought he would be different. I mean, he's got CP." So she instead fucks her teacher at school. He is black guy + while he's doing her he makes her shout "Fuck me nigger!" over + over. He's doing this cos he's calling her on her bullshit, and her affectation of liberality. It's a v.clever movie like that, there's lots of things where stuff seems strange then you think about it and see that it is perfect.

It's a bit difficult to explain but the movie is v.hilarious! It's also good cos you get to see Selma Blair (who you may know from movies such as Cruel Intentions + Hellboy) get bummed. I give it 5 bones for the first half! The second half of the movie is a whole other story featuring Jon Goodman which is also funny+clever but less vicious, I only give that 4 bones.

Watched that one on Christmas day, little tame for my tastes.

Sorry Phil. Missed this first time out, although this is far from the first time you've pegged creative talent to smokeable substances.

Let's run through the options:-

1) Crack cocaine.

Unlikely. It's highly addictive to the point where our writers probably wouldn't care about finishing a script; more like "which cock do I have to suck to get my next fix"

2) Weed

Again, unlikely. The most honest criticism I've ever heard of weed is from Charlie Brooker, who likens partaking to pressing a giant pause button in your life. For that reason, I'm discounting chronic smoking here, although weekend inspiration may be a factor.

3) Cigarettes

Of all the "what have they been smoking" options, this is the likeliest.

Well done Phil, you advert for cigarettes, you.

Personally, I think you need to expand your question to "what have they been taking?".

Seeing as it is an automatic 4 year jail term for possession of ANY narcotics here, including Codeine (and that INCLUDES it being in your bloodstream 3 weeks after smoking Weed in Amsterdam for eg) I bow to your obviously superior knowledge

Let me know when you watch the film & have better info.

Oh and catch Helix (new series) looks like a good Conspiracy tale

8)

oh i tried to watch that but it was v.dumb. I was face palming the whole time bout the things the dumb "scientists" was saying + doing.

On other hand Red Alert! New HBO Drama Series! Is called True Detective, stars woody harrelson + matthew mcconaughey and is v.good!

i watched Her. It was v.interesting bout a dude who falls in love with Siri. You've got to respect that Spike Jonze, i thought that would be a difficult premise to pull off believably but it was pretty much perfect.

Just saw this, without wanting to sound like a gayer I found the first hour or so really touching and moving. As soon as they were in a "relationship" though I think it went more sci-fi, which was still good, although I think it lacked the emotion and humanity of the first act. Really good film though, didn't think Joaquin Phoenix had that kind of performance in his locker either.

Edited by SuperMikey

Just saw this, without wanting to sound like a gayer I found the first hour or so really touching and moving. As soon as they were in a "relationship" though I think it went more sci-fi, which was still good, although I think it lacked the emotion and humanity of the first act. Really good film though, didn't think Joaquin Phoenix had that kind of performance in his locker either.

What! Joaquin is never less than brilliant!

I've been thinking a bit bout Her, i reckon it's best movie in years. You'd expect it to be all snide & sarcasm & gross bout a dude wanting to knob his computer but it's not. It's all warmth + empathy + insight. It's emotions!

What! Joaquin is never less than brilliant!

I've been thinking a bit bout Her, i reckon it's best movie in years. You'd expect it to be all snide & sarcasm & gross bout a dude wanting to knob his computer but it's not. It's all warmth + empathy + insight. It's emotions!

I guess you've never seen The Village then. Euch.

They could easily have made it into a sneery "freakshow" film where Theo is painted as being this creepy loner, but Jonze did completely the opposite. He made a relationship between a damaged human and an artificially intelligent operating system seem like Romeo + Juliet.

F*ck it, i'm watching it again.

They could easily have made it into a sneery "freakshow" film where Theo is painted as being this creepy loner, but Jonze did completely the opposite.

Yeah exactly! Like when Theo is telling people that he's dating an OS, most any other filmmaker would of had them reacting like people of today, being all Eww and thinking Theo was weirdo, but in this movie they was all understanding & sharing their own experiences. Except for ex-girlfriend but then there's no pleasing ex-girlfriends when telling them bout new girlfriends.

Yeah exactly! Like when Theo is telling people that he's dating an OS, most any other filmmaker would of had them reacting like people of today, being all Eww and thinking Theo was weirdo, but in this movie they was all understanding & sharing their own experiences. Except for ex-girlfriend but then there's no pleasing ex-girlfriends when telling them bout new girlfriends.

Ex girlfriends...meh.

Seeing as it is an automatic 4 year jail term for possession of ANY narcotics here, including Codeine (and that INCLUDES it being in your bloodstream 3 weeks after smoking Weed in Amsterdam for eg) I bow to your obviously superior knowledge

Let me know when you watch the film & have better info.

8)

I'm no chemist, Dubai Phillip, but how does smoking weed in Amsterdam put codeine in your system three weeks later? Is this yet another positive weed story stoners like to tell themselves to feel better about their puffing proclivities?

"Hey man, stop typing that screenplay and read this; weed creates codeine, man. Officially confirmed by the Arabs that own dubai phil, dude!" :)

I've just come out of 12 Years a Slave.

I really don't know what to say about it. It filled me with uncontrollable sorrow and guilt. It is without a doubt the best film I’ve ever seen, and I won’t be able to stop thinking about it for at least the next few days.

I can’t believe that anyone could walk out of that film and not reassess how they see racism today. I can’t believe that anyone could walk out pleased that there was a happy ending, or believe there was an ending at all.

Talking of films, the big question is: Where are the ****ing hoverboards? They were supposed to be here by now, Marty McFly arrived 4 days ago!

1779898_742115095801131_1649100153_n.jpg

It's October 21st, 2015.

-10 Geek Points, and you're last in line for a hovercar next year.

Just watched 12 Years A Slave. Incredibly powerful, difficult to put into words. Guaranteed to clean up at the Oscars as well, especially Lupita Nyongo. Have to say I thought Paul Dano was great as well, only downside was our Benedict's slightly dodgy accent and lack of character.

Yojimbo (1961)

I rank Akira Kurosawa's epic Seven Samurai as one on the finest films I have ever had the privileged to see, but I must admit I'm much less familiar with the great director's later work. However Film 4 (god bless them) have come to my rescue and are currently showing a season of Kurosawa films every week.

The plot is a nameless lone Samurai (played by long term Kurosawa favorite Toshiro Mifune) arrives in a isolated small town to find the retched place in a state of war as two rival warlords fight it out for control. Seeing a opportunity to profit from the conflict our hero skillfully plays both sides off against each other in order to further his own agenda.

Now if that story seems vaguely familiar to you then you're probably thinking of the Sergio Leone's famous spaghetti western A Fistful of Dollars and the resemblance is no coincidence because that fine effort is derived directly from Yojimbo just as The Magnificent Seven is a near remake of Seven Samurai. So Kurosawa's influence on the Western then is obvious, but I do wonder if there is some degree of cross fertilization going on here and perhaps Kurosawa was a devotee of old American Cowboy films in his youth?

Be that as it may, Yojimbo (Japanese for Bodyguard) while never quite scaling the same lofty heights that Seven Samurai achieves with such consummate ease is still a rewarding film to watch that remains quite capable of holding the viewers attention despite its somewhat cursory action sequences, great age, and the necessity for subtitles.

Next up is Sanjuro on Thursday the 13th at 11am - my PVR is already set.

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

i dunno if i like subtitles films charlie, but i sometimes like black+white films. Here is a list of black+white films that i like!

School For Scoundrels

Destry Rides Again

The Apartment

Some Like It Hot

Kind Hearts and Coronets

if you have any recommendations that is good like these films is good i would be pleased to hear bout them!

i dunno if i like subtitles films charlie, but i sometimes like black+white films. Here is a list of black+white films that i like!

School For Scoundrels

Destry Rides Again

The Apartment

Some Like It Hot

Kind Hearts and Coronets

if you have any recommendations that is good like these films is good i would be pleased to hear bout them!

My all-time favourite, Dr Strangelove.