Consortium Watch!

Frank's cousin

....................... "And here we are at the International Super League of Chinese Whispers and Rumour Championships, this month from the largest county in England: Hampshire".................................................... "Looks like we could have a memorable round on our hands with this one!"......................................................

....................... "And here we are at the International Super League of Chinese Whispers and Rumour Championships, this month from the largest county in England: Hampshire".................................................... "Looks like we could have a memorable round on our hands with this one!"......................................................

Don`t spoil the fun!!:)

................."Miserableoldgit: decides to let one slide by" ........................................... "But Toomer plays a real stinker: he will be lucky to make it any further in the competition!"...........................................

Ah well best get back to work :-)

What?

He could have gone to any game in the country, but he went to Saints v Charlton, just to see who was in the Directors Box.

Unlikely.

You're right, he could have gone to any game in the country.

But he's got a place in Bournemouth (pay attention now, Watson) so he's on the doorstep and yes, he probably did go to see who was in the directors' box. Why wouldn't he?

If he can sense there is a story brewing somewhere and somehow at SFC, he wouldn't be justifying your licence fee by not doing his research and background, so that when the story does break he is ready to do a piece.

BBC Sport is not a homogenous organism. All the various elements under its huge umbrella have a certain amount of autonomy when it comes to journalism. It creates a bit of healthy competition within the organisation to break stories, although the website eventually pulls them all together.

So the editor of Football Focus would say: "There's a good story brewing at Southampton FC, we'll monitor it so that we're ready to do a piece about it."

What better way to do that, than send somebody along who is still considered (despite his failing eyesight and addled brain) to be the figurehead of that part of the BBC.

Why did he sit next to Mark Fry?

To probably try and pick his brains. It's what journalists do.

Sneer if you like, but that's what Motty still is.

You're right, he could have gone to any game in the country.

But he's got a place in Bournemouth (pay attention now, Watson) so he's on the doorstep and yes, he probably did go to see who was in the directors' box. Why wouldn't he?

If he can sense there is a story brewing somewhere and somehow at SFC, he wouldn't be justifying your licence fee by not doing his research and background, so that when the story does break he is ready to do a piece.

BBC Sport is not a homogenous organism. All the various elements under its huge umbrella have a certain amount of autonomy when it comes to journalism. It creates a bit of healthy competition within the organisation to break stories, although the website eventually pulls them all together.

So the editor of Football Focus would say: "There's a good story brewing at Southampton FC, we'll monitor it so that we're ready to do a piece about it."

What better way to do that, than send somebody along who is still considered (despite his failing eyesight and addled brain) to be the figurehead of that part of the BBC.

Why did he sit next to Mark Fry?

To probably try and pick his brains. It's what journalists do.

Sneer if you like, but that's what Motty still is.

I still think it's unlikely though.

If you do not include the divi up of Yorkshire as one Hampshire is by all accounts the largest in England

I think that's Cumbria tbh mate.

Hampshire does have the largest unbroken forest in the UK though, so kudos for that.

Hampshire does have the largest unbroken forest in the UK though, so kudos for that.

Seems like Hampshire County Council Tourist board has told a porky pie in the intro I read in one of their publications recently, as 9 other counties are ahead of us for size according to Wikipedia......................... I stand corrected. :-(

Cumbria is the product of Local Government re-organisation; previously it was the counties of Cumberland and Westmorland, with Barrow-in-Furness and the Walney peninsula being in 'God's own' Lancashire.

Also, from the ever reliable Wikipedia ( area in km/sq ):

1 North Yorkshire 8,038

2 Cumbria 6,768

3 Devon 6,564

4 Lincolnshire 5,921

5 Norfolk 5,371

6 Northumberland 5,013

7 Suffolk 3,801

8 Hampshire 3,679

Edited by badgerx16

That makes a lot more sense.

first game he went to see, watching them from about ago of 6, think his heroes include few old Charlton players.

Could well have had invite sorted before all of this happened.

I did mention this last wk in a thread,Rod is football mad & now saints do have a connection with Rod- when WGS was manager we did train on his grounds. WGS is of course best of friends with rod & not having the best of times in Scotland, so you never know could be ****e but a nice thought anyway...........

So which is the most exciting bid, however unlikely?

Is the Fulthorpe bid one of them?

Does Souness have much backing? Surely he wouldn't bother without some serious money behind him?

I don't see how any takeover can be sorted out before our fate is decided. A league 1 club costs less than a CCC club. A league 1 club on -10 points costs even less than that.

Whether we are in League 1 or the Championship, it won't make a difference to the amount of debt that any investor has to pay off. Likewise with the assets; the value of Jacksons Farm etc. is not going to change much depending on our division. Because we are in administration, we are no longer a going concern, which means the goodwill of the business is worth approximately £1.

What possible interest would Rod Stewart have in us ?

A big fat zero is the answer to that one, whoever, it is will get the club for a song as Fry only has to clear what he can of what is owed. So pennies on the pound will probably be the out come, the most important issue is, that whoever comes in has to have the funds to take us forward. I have no doubt that we will be in Division one next season, the football league will do everything possible to deduct those ten points to send us down. Therefore selling some of our best players will not be an option because quite a few will slam in transfer requests, so the job of rebuilding will start after they have gone. Look at Leeds as an example, just a few years ago they were playing in the champions league; and have now spent what is now their third season in Division one.

Therefore our future planning has to start their, as for the premiership, who knows, the funding required just to stay in this poxy league is really out of reach for the bottom ten. Our ground alone full for every game could not finance top ten any more, even with the cash cow called Sky sports assisting to support it. On a personal note I see little point of even being in the premiership anymore, we would never be really be able to compete for honours, all we would do is fight for survival and as fans we would all be on anti-depressants.

On a personal note I see little point of even being in the premiership anymore, we would never be really be able to compete for honours, all we would do is fight for survival and as fans we would all be on anti-depressants.

A bit like life outside the premiership then? ;)

No, the point is he is a Celtic fan, why would he buy another (ie a different) club... apols not clear!!!!

Celtic would be bloody expensive!

It's not like Saints and Celtic will ever be in competition with each other either.

(I am not, in any way, subscribing to the veracity of this rumour)

Celtic would be bloody expensive!

It's not like Saints and Celtic will ever be in competition with each other either.

(I am not, in any way, subscribing to the veracity of this rumour)

Benji. I want a Ferrari. Always have. Does not mean that I am rushing down to Kia to lash out on a red Soul...

Why the hell would Rod Stewart lifelong Celtic fan and lifetime club 'president' or something (along with Billy Conolly) want to sit and watch the sh!te that we serve up.

I am a lifelong SAINT and even I don't want to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benji. I want a Ferrari. Always have. Does not mean that I am rushing down to Kia to lash out on a red Soul...

Why the hell would Rod Stewart lifelong Celtic fan and lifetime club 'president' or something (along with Billy Conolly) want to sit and watch the sh!te that we serve up.

I am a lifelong SAINT and even I don't want to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Billy Connolly involved in the takeover bid as well?

Awesome! I like his little beard.

Iranian/Isreali Brothers? Really - would this not be worse that Lowe/Crouch in terms of potential hostilities? ;-) 20-1

I think the idea is that the brothers are actually of the same local/ethnic origin as opposed to one being Iranian and the other Israeli ;)

On reading this suggestion yesterday I posted a possible identity for this mysterious consortium as the Reuben brothers.Pretty sure their name had come up on one of the -many- takeover threads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_Simon_Reuben

Should we not make this thread a sticky btw ? In a sort of TCDAGTFU type of way ?

ie "They could do a good takeover for us" in case anyone is wondering