Page 1 of 1970 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Pompey Takeover Saga

Default Pompey Takeover Saga

Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.
    This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

Perhaps today (July 8th) should now be made a public holiday in Hants.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzhugh Fella View Post
    Although not Saints related I thought, today of all days, this news (which has just come to me from an excellent well-placed source in P*mpey) deserves a position on the main forum. I am told news of the collapse will officially emerge in the next few days.
    This is not a wind-up. I don't usually "do" gloating but with the mod's permission can I indulge myself just a little?

heheheheheh.

Normal service about to be resumed (well, in 3 to 5 years)...

Today gets better and better!

What time's the lottery draw??

perhaps we can have a collection for them?

Shall we call it The All New Saints Day?

This will be good news indeed............what a day

I actually heard whispers of this last week....fantastic...

Cha-Ching!

Sitting on the bench keeping llalana company
    Blog Entries

Just seen Duncans thread

so I will move this from the other thread

The Skates up here are not happy with our takeover"

Seems they have thrown their toys (JCB's) out in a huff

"Police are appealing for the owner of two black and yellow children's JCB diggers to come forward and identify their property".

The sit-on toys were recovered from the playpark area of Lynn Crescent, Kirkwall, following an incident on Tuesday, July 7.

Last night at work I tried to gloat about our guy having a 2.5billion wealth, However the amount of Pompey fans saying there man has 8 billion made most saints fans quiet.

Now if this is true then I declare the 8th of July as 'Saints Takeoff Day'

Blog Entries

Maybe Micky Fiasco will be interested in getting a premierside to takeover.

Pay up Micky Pompey need You

Welcome back FF, I trust you have got over the way you were treated and fwiw this time I was on your side if the rumours / conjecture on here were correct. Very glad it's all over and you really need to start a book. Call it 97 Days and tell us your story, far more interesting than any other Saints related books that may do the rounds at Christmas.

13. Default

I wouldn't want Pompey to go under because of this though, but a little bit of sweating won't harm them before getting taken over by someone not as exciting.

I would not want them to go under but quite happy for them to

1. have points deductions
    2. sell all their best players
    3. start in L1

We have been at times 24 hours away from non league football and we choose today of all days to gloat at other bad news when it could so easily have been SFC. Let enjoy are unbelievable news and hope the old enemy down the road find themselves a worthy owner so one day soon we can lock horns on the field of football and not gloat on message boards.

There has been some rare genuine good will with our predicament from our Skate friends.

Lets show some class and enjoy are day.

many of the P****y fans comments have been deleted in the News reporting of our takeover ..... They really don't have much time for us full stop.

Excellent news.
    Can today get any better?
    Wheres my lottery ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by IN MY DAY View Post
    We have been at times 24 hours away from non league football and we choose today of all days to gloat at other bad news when it could so easily have been SFC. Let enjoy are unbelievable news and hope the old enemy down the road find themselves a worthy owner so one day soon we can lock horns on the field of football and not gloat on message boards.

There has been some rare genuine good will with our predicament from our Skate friends.

Only the odd few on here............most I have met in person, have been laughing at our predicament.......so no sympathy from me.

Wasn't Corp Halfwit gloating on here last week?

FF - any idea as to why the Skates takeover has fallen through?

Let's hope for a promotion and relegation this season and we can resume our rivalry next season.

I do hope they get taken over, as I don't want to see them go under (just not somebody as wealthy as ours! ). What we've been through as supporters these last three months has been hell, and I wouldn't wish it on any other set of supporters, even Pompey's.

Blog Entries

I understand Corp Halfwit has been demoted

He's now called Private Dimwit

Quote Originally Posted by qwertySFC View Post
    many of the P****y fans comments have been deleted in the News reporting of our takeover ..... They really don't have much time for us full stop.
    In that case......**** em !!

ha ha ha ha ha

if they dont get taken over they will be relegated this coming season.

See you soon skates !!!!

Carlsberg don't do takeover days, but if they did.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen Canteen View Post
    Welcome back FF, I trust you have got over the way you were treated and fwiw this time I was on your side if the rumours / conjecture on here were correct. Very glad it's all over and you really need to start a book. Call it 97 Days and tell us your story, far more interesting than any other Saints related books that may do the rounds at Christmas.
    I have, over the years, been bought quite a few Saints related books at Christmas. Can I recommend?

In That Number
    Dell Diamond (both editions)
    Constant Paine
    Saints V Pompey
    Match Of The Millennium
    Tie A Yellow Ribbon
    Full Time At The Dell

All superb books, written by fans for fans.

97 days would have to be viewed as a factual account, after all, you couldn't make it up!

But I would prefer to read the prequel to it. Duncan?

And just to put the sugar on the icing on the cake... Rupert is gone!! For the first time in over a decade we can categorically say he wont be back. He owns no shares. The club is owned by a single wealthy benefactor. There is officially no chance of him coming over the hills in a white horse (or lame ass) with an army of local businessmen to bring Total f**king Football back to Southampton.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonRichards View Post
    Carlsberg don't do takeover days, but if they did.......
    ha ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzin' Orn View Post
    FF - any idea as to why the Skates takeover has fallen through?
    No sorry, but my source has his finger, if not on the pulse, very near it and I trust him implicitly.

Blog Entries

NC

I would also recommend

Diary of A Season Laurie Mac
    Home and Away Micky Channon
    Fulltime at the dell

Looking FORWARD with optimism as SFC enters an exciting new chapter in it's proud history

Poor old Pompey. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by EastleighSoulBoy View Post
    I have, over the years, been bought quite a few Saints related books at Christmas. Can I recommend?

In That Number
    Dell Diamond (both editions)
    Constant Paine
    Saints V Pompey
    Match Of The Millennium
    Tie A Yellow Ribbon
    Full Time At The Dell

All superb books, written by fans for fans.

97 days would have to be viewed as a factual account, after all, you couldn't make it up!

But I would prefer to read the prequel to it. Duncan?
    Good idea Andy - but I won't be writing it - far too emotionally involved. D

No sorry, but my source has his finger, if not on the pulse, very near it and I trust him implicitly.
    Cripes Duncan.........there were enough cryptic clues on here, and in the press.........to see they had their own tyre kicker interested.....IMO of course.

33. Default

"OH HAPPY DAYS"

I don't wish them out of business, but I do wish on them a bit of the suffering we have been through. They bought their five minutes of fame, and now they have to pay the price. Living here in the twilight world beyond the dark side I have taken a lot of sh1t over the last few years, so I feel I have earnt a bit of a gloat

35. Default

I will get slated for this but I wouldn't wish what we've been through this last few weeks, months, years on anyone, even Pompey....but by the same token I wouldn't lose too much sleep if it brought Pompey down to our level!

Apparently the deal completely fell through when the prospective new owner visited Portsmouth. Gaydamak was hoping to keep him away until after the deal had been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    Apparently the deal completely fell through when the prospective new owner visited Portsmouth. Gaydamak was hoping to keep him away until after the deal had been completed.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Made in Southampton View Post

"OH HAPPY DAYS"
    In the charts 40 years ago this week - Edwin Hawkins singers - remember that summer well - Viva Bobby Stokes and all that!

39. Default

This would make my summer. Our takeover going through and theirs not. Fantastic! I pray to god it's true!

Blog Entries

I wouldnt want the skates to go out of business either, but I know somebody with a large truck that could shift fratton park in one trip.

It will save Pompey Council a fortune and there would be little damage done to the environment.

With all respect to our wonderful troops.

With all this not happening in Pompey I have just realised that here in Hampshire we have our own Helmand Province!

In the charts 40 years ago this week - Edwin Hawkins singers - remember that summer well - Viva Bobby Stokes and all that!
    Viva Bobby Stokes equals a very good day.

Would pompey poss have some gossip on there forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Amesbury Saint View Post
    I would not want them to go under but quite happy for them to

1. have points deductions
    2. sell all their best players
    3. start in L1
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by draganov View Post
    I wouldnt want the skates to go out of business either, but I know somebody with a large truck that could shift fratton park in one trip.

It will save Pompey Council a fortune and there would be little damage done to the environment.
    He'd need a good rate for shifting poisonous waste though :-)

Can someone give me prior notice if this happens so I have got time to pull on a pair of rubber pants.

Just when you think the day couldn't possibly get any better! Its been pretty much perfect today............ got to go, Keira Knightleys ringing the door bell....

Quote Originally Posted by IN MY DAY View Post

Well said Sir, I'm with you. Fierce rivalry yes, wishing for another clubs demise - no thanks.

A little island of red&white admidst a sea of blue

Quote Originally Posted by sidthesquid View Post
    I don't wish them out of business, but I do wish on them a bit of the suffering we have been through. They bought their five minutes of fame, and now they have to pay the price. Living here in the twilight world beyond the dark side I have taken a lot of sh1t over the last few years, so I feel I have earnt a bit of a gloat
    Too true, living in a PO Postcode has never felt so good. The skates in Chichester have been full of it and now the shoe is on the other foot.

50. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteen Canteen View Post
    What a good read that would make.
    Poor old Pompey.