Swansea Build up

Thedelldays

no then...are we allowed to think we should be winning this..at home to a team way way way up in 11th place..?

do we dare..

I WOULD go with this...

-----------gazza

Clyne----fonte---yosh---fox

----cork....morgan---davis

Mayuka

------------------Ramirez

--------lambert

but we wont...we will see lallana on the pitch, running all over it and leaving fox with 2 players all the time..we will see Rodriguez and lambert with both of them spending time out of position and we wont see mayuka and with that, ZERO pace..

how many more cock ups is our manager going to do..?

must win game already...game 11 ffs

if it happens saturday...I will actually believe this to be true...as in, instructions

I am predicting this happens and will report back. Just for the record an academy player (not including Lallana) has appeared in every game this season except Fulham when we got injuries. Including bizarre subsitutions of changing the left back for an academy player when we've been losing and chasing the game in the last two.

We should be alright if my memory holds out.

We get a few trains to home games from where we are. We pick up something to eat on the way.

We've never lost and on most occasions won when I don't eat before the train starts moving. I did it once, and we lost to Brentford 2-0. Sorry.

So I shall try to remember.

---------------------------- Boruc --------------------------------

Clyne ---------- Fonte --------------- Hooiveld -------------- Shaw

--------- Cork ---------- Schneiderlin ------------- JWP -----------

------------------ Ramirez --------- Lallana------------------------

-------------------------- Lambert --------------------------------

Subs: Gazza, Yoshida, Reeves, Mayuka, Seager, Rodriguez, Davis

Guly will come on with at least 15 minutes to go and an academy player will also appear at some point.

Or he might come on when we're chasing the game or need a fresh pair of legs. Or he might not come on at all or come on with 23 mins to go. The world works in mysterious ways.

---------------------------- Gazza --------------------------------

Clyne ----------Yoshida --------------- Hooiveld -------------- Shaw

--------- Cork ---------- Schneiderlin ------------- Fox -----------

Although ****e in defence, I think Fox would give good support to Shaw and he gets to the bye line and crosses a lot more than Lallana.

Have my doubts about Morgan at the moment, we really need a ball winner in the centre. Hopefully Cork will fill that role.

My 5 year olds first visit to St Marys and my 8 year olds second. Also bringing my old man up from Devon so all very excited for this one...

Looking forward to seeing Adkins in charge, a big win to kick start November and our season. What can possibly go wrong?

Sensible formation would be

---------------Gazza--------------

Clyne ---- Fonte ---- Maya ---- Fox

----------- Schniderlin -----------

-------- Cork ----- Davis-----------

-Gaston ----------------- Lallana --

----------- Lambert ---------

Stick Davis, Shaw, Hooiveld, JWP, Mayuka, Guly and Rodriguez on the bench and just hope we score more than they do as they will always beat us on the break with 3/4 people bombing it forward.

---------------Gazza---------------

Clyne Fonte Yoshida Shaw

------Davis Morgan Cork-----

------------Ramirez----------

----------Mayuka Lambert----------

subs davis, hoiveld, fox, JRod, Puncheon and lallana

Lallana either needs a kick up the arse or a break from the pressures of being captain and source of creativity.

I am predicting this happens and will report back. Just for the record an academy player (not including Lallana) has appeared in every game this season except Fulham when we got injuries. Including bizarre subsitutions of changing the left back for an academy player when we've been losing and chasing the game in the last two.

I know it's a bit far fetched, but what if there is an agreement behind the scenes that if Adkins goes along with these changes his job is safe. Maybe Dalek is right and this season really is being used to try some things out and do things a bit differently, get some of the academy players some prem experience, take some bigger risks and go against the norm, then next year we regroup in the championship and prepare for the big push up the prem the following year (all still within the 5 year plan!).

I know it's a bit far fetched, but what if there is an agreement behind the scenes that if Adkins goes along with these changes his job is safe. Maybe Dalek is right and this season really is being used to try some things out and do things a bit differently, get some of the academy players some prem experience, take some bigger risks and go against the norm, then next year we regroup in the championship and prepare for the big push up the prem the following year (all still within the 5 year plan!).

Because we spent £30m this summer. If we'd barely spent anything then maybe it would be believable. But even then, it would be a disgrace if we didn't go up and attempt to compete and take 20th, especially with the increased TV money that comes in next season.

Because we spent £30m this summer. If we'd barely spent anything then maybe it would be believable. But even then, it would be a disgrace if we didn't go up and attempt to compete and take 20th, especially with the increased TV money that comes in next season.

Maybe that is exactly why we spent the 30m?

I'm looking forward to Saturday, I think the current situation may help create a good atmoshere as we all get behind the team

I am in the uk this weekend and I am taking my son to his first ever prem game,he doesn't even want to go as he says and I quote "what's the point you will get thrashed"

I have been trying to get him to support saints but he is having none of it and like the rest of his glory hunting mates supports Man U

I feel if we can get a win I can sway him that we are the greatest team ever

So I am going for a 2-0 saints win

I'm looking forward to Saturday, I think the current situation may help create a good atmosphere as we all get behind the team

I think this has been part of Nigels tactics. He's decided how many games would be acceptable to lose, maybe in conjunction with Nicola and then thought "we could either lose 8 games throughout the season OR lose them all at the start, get the crowd behind us and go the rest of the season without losing". I think it's a great plan and I expect us to go into next game with the crowd singing Nigels name and supporting the team and a comfortable victory for Saints which will lead to the rest of the season being unbeaten.

The start of a huge, deciding, set of fixtures.

Ramirez needs to play in behind the striker, not out on the flank and I'd be inclined to go with Rodriguez as he looks like he has much more life to him at the moment.

I'd also be willing to put W-P in the middle in place of Davis, who was awful last night. Although he could easily replace either Morgan or Davis and neither could complain.

Back 4, unfortunately, picks it's self.

Adkins team talk can go either one of two ways.

'Okay gentlemen, this could be my last game as a manager if we lose'

Saints 1 Swansea 4

OR

'Right you bunch of cvnts, get out there and kick those tw*ts 20 feet in the air as I'm sick to death of the **** poor performances you have laid on recently.'

Saints 4 Swansea 1

Saints 1 Swansea 4

OR

'Right you bunch of cvnts, get out there and kick those tw*ts 20 feet in the air as I'm sick to death of the **** poor performances you have laid on recently.'

Saints 4 Swansea 1

Can imagine what he says to the lads is exactly the same as we hear!

''Right lads, let's do this for this fantastic football club. Look at those fantastic fans out there, they have been great towards you and you need to reward them. They're sticking with us and we need to make sure it stays that way.

''They're a hard working bunch of fans.....etc!"

Can imagine what he says to the lads is exactly the same as we hear!

''Right lads, let's do this for this fantastic football club. Look at those fantastic fans out there, they have been great towards you and you need to reward them. They're sticking with us and we need to make sure it stays that way.

''They're a hard working bunch of fans.....etc!"

I bet it's not far off !!

Like you said I think the defence pretty much picks itself. I would also be inclined to go with Rodriguez up top with Ramirez in behind, Lallana and Guly wide.

I bet it's not far off !!

Like you said I think the defence pretty much picks itself. I would also be inclined to go with Rodriguez up top with Ramirez in behind, Lallana and Guly wide.

Guly is a left-field shout! I'd go for Mayuka personally.

Natural width either side, a natural number 10 in behind a lively, pacey centre forward. Not too bad.

But then you've got our defense. Oh well.

Loving the optimism here :)

Of course the worst thing you could do is actually try to play football v Swansea.

Swans counter attacking v Liverpool last Wednesday was breath-takingly good. (Won 3-1 at Anfield)

Plus points for Saints are that we are without first choice keeper (Vorm), and two other defenders (Chico & Taylor).

Gary Monk will likely be getting a rare start at CB.

He completely lost his composure on the last visit to St Marys and was owned by Saganowski. (2-2 draw) Will he fold again on Saturday?

I think there will be goals. Plenty of goals.

Left field shout but he gives us a bit of power and gets stuck in, atleast he offers something unlike Punch, and although I like Mayuka, I feel he's a better impact sub. Guly was a key part in why we were promoted last season lets not forget that. All the abuse he gets Is out of order IMO!

Left field shout but he gives us a bit of power and gets stuck in, atleast he offers something unlike Punch, and although I like Mayuka, I feel he's a better impact sub. Guly was a key part in why we were promoted last season lets not forget that. All the abuse he gets Is out of order IMO!

He was probably key in the first few months of the season, but was pretty poor for the remainder.

I do agree that he gets a fair bit of unwarranted stick though.

Loving the optimism here :)

Of course the worst thing you could do is actually try to play football v Swansea.

Swans counter attacking v Liverpool last Wednesday was breath-takingly good. (Won 3-1 at Anfield)

Plus points for Saints are that we are without first choice keeper (Vorm), and two other defenders (Chico & Taylor).

Gary Monk will likely be getting a rare start at CB.

He completely lost his composure on the last visit to St Marys and was owned by Saganowski. (2-2 draw) Will he fold again on Saturday?

I think there will be goals. Plenty of goals.

We have the law of averages on our side now.

You're boned.

Goes without saying, but it's a must-win game. Get Cork back in, I like Davis but he was carp against West Brom.

--------------------GAZZA-------------------

CLYNE----FONTE------YOSHIDA---FOX

---------MORGAN------CORK-------------

MAYUKA-------RAMIREZ------LALLANA

-------------------LAMBERT-----------------

Subs: K.Davis, Shaw, Hooiveld, S.Davis, JWP, Guly, Rodriguez

---------------------------- Boruc --------------------------------

Clyne ---------- Fonte --------------- Hooiveld -------------- Shaw

--------- Cork ---------- Schneiderlin ------------- JWP -----------

Subs: Gazza, Yoshida, Reeves, Mayuka, Seager, Rodriguez, Davis

Liking this (typing) stylee ... keep the pitch B - I - G ... no wonder we always play so narrow

(NA is clearly not putting enuff hyphens on the team sheet when he pins it up on the Staplewood notice board first break on Thursday).

I think we need KD back in goal

Same Back Four as last night

If Cork is fit I would play him with three across the middle with Morgan and Adam

Ramirez in the hole

Mayuka and Lambo up front

The Skate gets it ..... nearly (!) .... GK is Gazza .... but agree on last night's back four (why are people dropping Joshi for the own-goal machine that is Jos?)... AL goes off the wide left and plays in a midfield 3, hallelujiah .... one in the hole which is always going to be GR ... Lambo starts, not JR, get Mayuka playing in his proper position.

This is probably the best we can do but I can see Swansea playing a patient passing game and being clinical on the break, another Wigan if you will?

Saints 1 Swansea 4

OR

Saints 4 Swansea 1

players need to step up and each take responsibility. watched any given sunday last night.

I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the **** kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've ****ed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****ing difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

If Swansea play Dyer and Monk we will have to score at least 2 goals to get a point as they will both score, or if they have a centre forward who hasn't scored for ages, (actually make that any position!!) he will score 2. If they haven't won an away game on a Saturday afternoon 1500 ko at a team beginning with the letter S since Pontius was a pilot we are well and truly shafted.

I know what how about us breaking one of our little runs and win a game and keep a clean sheet .... or maybe something easier first such as Nige brings about World Peace.

but we wont...we will see lallana on the pitch, running all over it and leaving fox with 2 players all the time

Seriously Lallana? purely stupid comment, no one has worked harder than him in recent games. He's consistently been our best player this season.

Cue absurd suggestions in this thread about Chaplow getting a game and playing a centre back in midfield.

Need to play the 4-3-3, Lambert up front, Mayuka/Lallana wide, Gaston behind.

Would like to see Cork in but doubt he is fit, so it would most likely be Davis and Morgan.

Same back four plus Gazza unless they finish this investigation into Boruc and get him back in.