Swansea Build up

Thedelldays

That thread is comedy gold cos I know loads of birds who've read the book so use that thread to tear them apart.

Think he should investigate Guido's next.

Best cough syrup I can recommend is Benylin with Codiene, its currently making me feel the floor is tilting all over the place so everytime I am walking its making me feel the same when you are spinning around loads on one spot then try and walk, not fallen over yet though.

Why don't we try the christmas tree formation?

--------------- Gazza

Clyne-----Fonte-----Yoshida-----Fox

-----Cork-----Morgan------Davis

--------Lallana------Ramirez

-------------Lambert

Best formation for us but have Shaw instead of Fox and maybe Jwp instead of S.Davis and cork should be the holding midfield

Tomorrow is the type of game that, if we are to have any chance of staying in this league, we need to win. Nothing less.

It'll be difficult, let's not get ahead of ourselves, Swansea are a good team, who keep hold of the ball well. I just hope we don't have the same midfield performance as Monday night or we'll get beat.

Would like to see a 4321 Xmas tree formation (as has been posted before). Also think that we could see Boruc back in goal.

Will also be good to welcome back 2 ex-Saints, hopefully they'll both have shockers if they play

We just need one of their guys to make a cock up, like Vermaelen did last week, hopefully Vorm, its all fine lines at the moment and we need the luck to be on our side for once! A decent referee would help as well, cannot believe that Mason who we had for Spuds performed so differently on the next televised game!!

I work in Port Talbot with a few Swans supporters they are saying there back four is worse than ours with Chico / Taylor / Rangel and Vorm out with Gary Monk playing. However they did reluctantly admit that Monk had an excellent game last week. Also Dyer will not be in the starting eleven.

i actually think tomorrow's game will give us a strong indication on where our season will go. lose against a makeshift defence that includes Gary Monk then I think any little confidence we had will have been evapporated yet should we win then this can galvanise our season and we can go to QPR with much greater self-belief.

I predict a 2-0 win for saints with lambert running rings around Monk. I hope Mayuka plays in place of JRod so Ramirez can play those through balls as the Swansea defense is almightly slow with Monk and Williams.

any news on the number of tickets sold for this game ? usually someone goes on the online site and counts seats remaining, standards are slipping if no one has done this yet .

I bought a couple of tickets on Wednesday and availability was very limited - I would estimate that less than 500 were available.

---------------------------- Boruc --------------------------------

Clyne ---------- Fonte --------------- Hooiveld -------------- Shaw

--------- Cork ---------- Schneiderlin ------------- JWP -----------

------------------ Ramirez --------- Lallana------------------------

-------------------------- Lambert --------------------------------

Subs: Gazza, Yoshida, Reeves, Mayuka, Seager, Rodriguez, Davis

Trousers

This is the winning team!!

Good pick

I think IDE go with Gazza tho

I liked this stat from John Motson on the BBC site:

"Only one club has stayed up after losing eight of their opening 10 Premier League games, but looking on the bright side that team was Southampton (in 1993-94). "

Reminds me of an interview some time back then. Another team's manager (I forget who), was asked, 'where do you want to finish this season?'. The reply was '1 point above Southampton, because they ALWAYS survive' :lol:

Feeling good about this. 3-2 Saints, Gaston first scorer.
I thought Gaston left for South America this morning and will be playing for Uruguay on Wednesday, will get injured and out till just before Uruguay's next game. You couldn't make it up the crap we can ourselves involved in.

I thought Gaston left for South America this morning and will be playing for Uruguay on Wednesday, will get injured and out till just before Uruguay's next game. You couldn't make it up the crap we can ourselves involved in.

No leaves after the match on Saturday.

******** as usual. Gaston will be playing.

Seems like no time ago Garry Monk was the perennial captain of our reserves/out on loan because he was never going to be good enough. And yet we're the ones bottom with 28 conceded already. I don't know what point I'm making other than THE WORLD IS MAD.

Expect a quiet, professional 1-0 Saints win tomorrow. It's the least likely thing to happen, so it probably will.

Loved this line from Lawro :

I hate to say this, because it is only the start of November, but he probably

needs to pick up at least four points from this game....

okay, he actually said this game and the next, but I only read to the above point and thought Lawro was being whimsical. 4 points tomorrow WOULD be useful. :)

Seems like no time ago Garry Monk was the perennial captain of our reserves/out on loan because he was never going to be good enough. And yet we're the ones bottom with 28 conceded already. I don't know what point I'm making other than THE WORLD IS MAD.

He probably wasn't good enough for a PL Southampton. He was good enough for a League 1 Swansea. Some players take a while to develop. He's not a normal first choice nowadays, but a very capable squad player. Bit injury prone though (back). As a senior/captain he's important for bedding in new players into the squad.

Funnily enough I just put his autobiography on my 'wanted' Christmas list tonight.

Loud, Proud and Positive, The Garry Monk autobiography.

He probably wasn't good enough for a PL Southampton. He was good enough for a League 1 Swansea. Some players take a while to develop. He's not a normal first choice nowadays, but a very capable squad player. Bit injury prone though (back). As a senior/captain he's important for bedding in new players into the squad.

Funnily enough I just put his autobiography on my 'wanted' Christmas list tonight.

Loud, Proud and Positive, The Garry Monk autobiography.

Looks like an awesome read.

I think I'll buy the hardback edition.

Edited by SaintBobby

----------------Gazzaniga

Clyne-----Fonte-----Yoshida-----Shaw

------------Cork-----Morgan

-----------------Ramirez

Puncheon----------------------Lallana

-----------------Lambert

Maybe swap Boruc for Gazza, and Mayuka for Punch.... Otherwise bench from:

Boruc, Fox, Hooiveld, Davis, Mayuka, Lee, Rodriguez.

Bought 4 seats earlier and the guy reckoned they were still selling strongly, only 2 places in the chapel where I could get 4 together.

Should be a good atmosphere, and it's my first game of the season (and my youngests first ever game) so here's hoping for a good performance and a win!

Fingers crossed for a positive initiation with a great performance and storming atmosphere.

You'll be pleased to know that it's turned out nice again today, 33c, blue sky and gentle breeze, and I'll be watching the game in a beach bar surrounded by scantily clad ladeez :smug:

Despite that i wish I was there at SMS!!

COYS

Fingers crossed for a positive initiation with a great performance and storming atmosphere.

You'll be pleased to know that it's turned out nice again today, 33c, blue sky and gentle breeze, and I'll be watching the game in a beach bar surrounded by scantily clad ladeez :smug:

Despite that i wish I was there at SMS!!

COYS

We have exactly the same weather here... Short sleeves and Sun cream for all today ;o)

It's SATURDAY football everybody.....

Love it. No work, beers before AND afterwards....

It is the only time for a football kickoff for me

I am looking forward to today muchly

I was in a confident mood as well, then I got a 90 € speeding fine in the post so the fokkers had better win today:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: otherwise I shall probably be unchained in my criticism.

Odd dream last night that Adkins was sacked at half time today and that the team refused to take to the pitch because of it.

I'll be heading off to St Mary's in a couple of hours in the hope that Saints reach half time well in control of matters.