Our fans on Social Media

Beckenham Saint

This probably doesn't apply to most people on here, but I've just had a little look at the #saintsfc hashtag on twitter and a few comments on Dejan Lovren's official twitter.

I'm pretty shocked at how ridiculous some of our fans are on Social Media, directly contacting Lovren and calling him all the names under the sun, calling him disloyal and really laying into him in a way that really will not endear our fanbase to an already alienated (sounding) Lovren.

I know his comments in the media have been dreadful this morning, but until anything concrete happens, directing such negativity towards a player is going to have a very detrimental effect on any chance we may have of keeping him, and I can't get my head around the fact that some of these people don't see that.

Has anyone on here taken to Twitter or Instagram to directly have a pop at him or any of the others that have gone? Would be interested to hear what you hoped to achieve by doing so!

Here are some that I've seen:

Jack Ayling ‏@aylingj91 36s

@DejanLovren05 we don't have to accept a bid for you, we could force you to rot in the reserves if we wanted to

George Cooper ‏@GeorgeTCooper 2m

How can @DejanLovren05 's head already be at Liverpool when it's clearly up his own arse!?

Rob Palmer ‏@Not_Rob_Palmer 10m

Everyone who has left will be welcomed back to the club when they face us. I hope everyone boos @DejanLovren05 . ****.

james churchill ‏@Relentless_XT 36m

@DejanLovren05 ****ing disgraceful, not only taking the **** by leaving, you also insult are club by saying we have no ambition. #saintsfc

bashman89

"**** off lovren, Lovren **** off! "We will sing that to you when we see your muggy self on the Liverpool bench every time. We have no ambition? Get over yourself you big headed moron.

jackmcm1991

Your a ****ing embarrassment. **** off to Liverpool. Modern day footballer!

Sounds like some of the bedwetters on here. Good luck Dejan, another player disregarded by our new board. Better off at a club with ambitions beyond treading water. At least he has been honest but then most of you don't like that, do you?

Sounds like some of the bedwetters on here. Good luck Dejan, another player disregarded by our new board. Better off at a club with ambitions beyond treading water. At least he has been honest but then most of you don't like that, do you?

You can be honest and graceful you don't have to say you're already at Liverpool in your mind.

Hmm pretty understandable social media reaction to what are apparently direct quotes. I'm assuming he hasn't rushed to deny the comments via twittter.

He has neither confirmed, nor denied anything (as far as I can see). Did respond to a few saints fans and official club account that wished him happy birthday, though there isn't really anything in that.

I can understand people's frustrations with him, I just don't think that it's very smart to directly insult him!

He has neither confirmed, nor denied anything (as far as I can see). Did respond to a few saints fans and official club account that wished him happy birthday, though there isn't really anything in that.

I can understand people's frustrations with him, I just don't think that it's very smart to directly insult him!

Why not? Don't particularly see the problem with those comments. Every celebrity and sportsman that has an open social media account must get that sort of thing from time to time.

If he comes out with an article in the media, showing a total lack of interest in the fans of the club he's currently at, then he should expect some 'feedback'. Not that I agree with it, but he'd be a fool not to expect any comeback from what he said.

It's not as though Lovren has used twitter to have a pop is it?

He did remove "Southampton fc" From his profile bio on twitter in the last 7 days.

I don't believe the newspaper articles lack validity.

Are you really surprised by this? You visit this forum and obviously use twitter, you must know by now that a keyboard and an internet connection in certain peoples hands is a lethal combination. People like that can't help themselves. They just come across as uneducated, tactless morons.

Its not restricted to our little corner of the world, of course. Or even the sport of football. Social media, twitter in particular, is a playground for the stupid.

I'm sorry but our ticket money contributes to making this guy a millionaire and he thinks it's acceptable to say things like his head is already in Liverpool and slating the club for not telling him of bids, despite being under contract to SFC? **** him, he deserves everything he gets on twitter for the complete lack of respect shown towards the club and us fans.

You ever going to be honest and come out with your reveal all or carry on acting like a c*nt forever?

I'm not suggesting its smart, just an understandable reaction. Equally don't think he(apparently) should be insulting Saints via papers.

You pay your ticket money then you are entitled to say what ever you like

Really? There are people on twitter saying they hope Lovren suffers a career ending injury. Its OK to say these things because they bought tickets to a football match?

Really? There are people on twitter saying they hope Lovren suffers a career ending injury. Its OK to say these things because they bought tickets to a football match?

Sticks and stones!?

Football fans in being dopey ****s shocker

Social media opens you to abuse, none moreso than if you are a celebrity and worse if you are a team sportsman due to the passionate nature of it.

Personally Id rather they werent allowed on it but its to be expected to be honest

Deserves what he gets. Posting a dubious photo on instagram is begging to get himselft to be called a few names. And rightly so. A few people need to get over themselves, Lovren is acting like a grade A bellpiece, and these platforms are a good way for us fans to tell him like it is.

As opposed to here?;)

even more so than on here - full of either young kids "giving it large" - middle aged people having a mid-life crisis or teenagers thinking they know everything.

At least most of the posters on here are relatively civil

How long before Koeman closes his account?

This was something I forgot to address in the OP. If our fans think their opinion matters to the point where they feel the need to let the players or managers know it so directly, it's surely only a matter of time until these people end up slating Koeman on there too if we end up on a bad run or a signing doesn't work out! I know that these figures likely won't pay much attention to these prats, but it does reflect badly on our fanbase.

Are you really surprised by this? You visit this forum and obviously use twitter, you must know by now that a keyboard and an internet connection in certain peoples hands is a lethal combination. People like that can't help themselves. They just come across as uneducated, tactless morons.

Its not restricted to our little corner of the world, of course. Or even the sport of football. Social media, twitter in particular, is a playground for the stupid.

Unfortunately I am not surprised at all! Couldn't have put your analogy better myself.

If people think those twitter trolls are being offensive, report them. It will do more good than moaning on here about what people are saying on twitter.

Not moaning, I actually came on here to ask a question about it:

Has anyone on here taken to Twitter or Instagram to directly have a pop at him or any of the others that have gone? Would be interested to hear what you hoped to achieve by doing so!

Why? Because they wanted to keep him?