Taïder Joins on 1 year Loan & Osvaldo to Inter - Official

itchen_dan

Why is it strange ?? You didn't expect Kat to spend much on replacements did you ??

Oh, you did

Oh, I dunno, quotes about investing every penny in transfers and/or wages would be a clue - they're not exactly weasel words.

Can see your point about the strangeness of bringing in loanees though, but that actually makes sense IF we're interested in making signings because it makes the team look more attractive before pitching to the potential player.

Obviously even if we do actually sign players, had we done this in May it would have been a lot better.

Still haven't seen much about what this guy is like. Any ideas?

If its Taider you mean, he played for Algeria at the WC in the Belgium match where he played his part in shackling the so called Belgian talent to lateral passing - Until Fellaini got his head on a cross to equalise.

He was hard working, good touch and quite decent.

Oh, I dunno, quotes about investing every penny in transfers and/or wages would be a clue - they're not exactly weasel words.

Can see your point about the strangeness of bringing in loanees though, but that actually makes sense IF we're interested in making signings because it makes the team look more attractive before pitching to the potential player.

Obviously even if we do actually sign players, had we done this in May it would have been a lot better.

Loans are better than signings for tax purposes (I would think). A loan fee for a season and wages etc come straight off the profits but a signing goes onto the capital account.

A clue perhaps, but both Reed's and Kruegers statements are very very carefully worded

They give the impression that :-

We are not a selling Club ( unless the price is right )

Schneiderlin and J Rod will be a part of our squad for the start of the season ( correct, but don't hold your breath about anything longer than January, if that )

I honestly think the "transfer out" philosophy has backfired, because potential signings DO now see us as a risk, and are hedging their bets re actually being transferred to us.

Hence the recent shift in trying for "loanees", which is no risk to the player because he can go back to his parent club should our results be poor

Well if he is a winger with great pace, who never gave the ball away, scored a goal a game, and always made the right decision there's a small chance he wouldn't be interested.

Pace is a decent option, and one we dont have right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well if he is a winger with great pace, who never gave the ball away, scored a goal a game, and always made the right decision there's a small chance he wouldn't be interested.

Pace is a decent option, and one we dont have right now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

He's not great pace.

I think "concerning" is reasonable here - we've put ourselves in a crappy position by weakening the squad, and it's not surprising we can't find someone as a makeweight in the Osvaldo deal. Who knows what might be forthcoming in terms of "real" signings (if anything), but we're starting to look like we'll take anything.

I think "concerning" is reasonable here - we've put ourselves in a crappy position by weakening the squad, and it's not surprising we can't find someone as a makeweight in the Osvaldo deal. Who knows what might be forthcoming in terms of "real" signings (if anything), but we're starting to look like we'll take anything.

Kruger has set his stall out and said judgement day is September 1. This to me means we need some really impressive signings for him to have any credibility. The likes of Rojo is a legitimately impressive signing and a player who is arguably too good for us so to get him would be a big coup.

Comes across like we've been given a list of players Inter want rid of and told we can loan one on loan in exchange for Osvaldo on loan. Shame Taider seems to have opted to stay in Italy, but whatever, a loan is relatively risk free and if he is garbage we can send him back at the end of it.

Comes across like we've been given a list of players Inter want rid of and told we can loan one on loan in exchange for Osvaldo on loan. Shame Taider seems to have opted to stay in Italy, but whatever, a loan is relatively risk free and if he is garbage we can send him back at the end of it.

Would hope this bloke is just padding for the squad and not in place of one of our targets.

Krueger has set his stall out and said judgement day is September 1. This to me means we need some really impressive signings for him to have any credibility. The likes of Rojo is a legitimately impressive signing and a player who is arguably too good for us so to get him would be a big coup.

Do they have to be "really impressive"? At this point I'd be happy with 6 or 7 good, sound, competent, obviously Prem quality signings.

Six or seven of them, mind.

It does seem strange for you to fixate on the highest profile player we've been linked to though. I'm not actually that bothered if Rojo comes or not, I can see a lot of potential problems with that even though he's obviously talented. Vlaar, however, would be a good signing by any measure.

Despite being a liability for us Osvaldo has value so we should get either money or a usable player in exchange.

Would hope this bloke is just padding for the squad and not in place of one of our targets.

Yes, hopefully. Hardly like we are blessed with numerous wide options. Once you get past Tadic, we have

Ramirez, who is more comfortable in the middle

Rodriguez injured, may not stay and I don't think he could play wide in RK's system where, if the Bournemouth friendly is anything to go by, wide players will be expected to stay wide, which doesn't suit Rodriguez' game.

Once you get beyond that, it's Mayuka, Isgrove and the kids.

Rory Smith of The Times was saying last night on twitter we still wanted Nathan Redmond.

Rory Smith @RorySmithTimes · 15h

Bertrand an unspectacular but astute signing for Southampton. They're after Nathan Redmond, too, which would also be very nifty.

Yes, hopefully. Hardly like we are blessed with numerous wide options. Once you get past Tadic, we have

Ramirez, who is more comfortable in the middle

Rodriguez injured, may not stay and I don't think he could play wide in RK's system where, if the Bournemouth friendly is anything to go by, wide players will be expected to stay wide, which doesn't suit Rodriguez' game.

Once you get beyond that, it's Mayuka, Isgrove and the kids.

Rory Smith of The Times was saying last night on twitter we still wanted Nathan Redmond.

Also, the link for Biabany from Parma. A cheap, solid, pacey if unspectacular winger...

Nothing crazily new:

Sky Sport Italia are reporting tonight that the deal to take Dani Osvaldo from Southampton to Inter Milan is almost complete. The Nerazzurri will initially sign the 28-year-old Italy striker on loan for a season, with a view to a 7million euros transfer next summer.

ouch.....7 million euros is around 5 million quid: so a 7 million loss on that. Thanks Pochettino!

His value would already have been written down by then. Players' values are written down over the length of their contracts which is why their is usually a loan fee to cover the reduction in their value during the period of the loan.

An Inter fan wrote to me about Schelotto:

"A tall winger, who can look a bit clumsy. He is actually pacy and has relatively good technique and he makes himself available in the box.

However, the last few years he hasn't played very well. He came to Inter from Atalanta but was no succes. He is so much a winger that he couldn't play to his full potential in Mazzarri's 3-5-2 system. He was loaned out to Sassuolo and had no succes there either, while his stay at Parma in the spring was a little better. Here he played under Donadoni in a 4-3-3 system, but he was not a regular starter.

If I was in the Saints board I'd turn thumbs down to Schelotto."

Another chips in:

"He is also very strong with his head but I have rarely seen a player perform as badly as he did when Sassuolo met Atalanta last season. As an aside, in his younger days he was used as a fullback."

Make of it what you will. It is only the opinion of two Inter fans :)